CFP Semi-Finals

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

To be fair, I don’t think aggy realized they could ride jocks without shame until they joined the hillbilly conference.  There, riding Bama’s coattails is no more taboo than marrying your cousin.   So in truth, I'm not sure aggy knew it was a thing.  Otherwise, they could have been okay with sucking for years, and merely piggybacked big brother’s accomplishments as their own.  But let’s be happy for them; they have apparently finally found peace with their mediocrity after searching for three quarters of a century.  I say let them be blissful in their ignorance.  

Lmao.

7 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Aggie logic... 

UT beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma played Bama within 11, Texas would play Bama within 10, the only team to play Bama within 10 is Georgia, Georgia is the 2nd best team in the country, Texas must be #3. 

Sadly, there is no doubt there is a large contingency of aggy that would rather both of us lose our bowl games than both of us win.  If mighty Georgia falls to the Horns, they will lose their minds. 

40 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Sadly, there is no doubt there is a large contingency of aggy that would rather both of us lose our bowl games than both of us win.  If mighty Georgia falls to the Horns, they will lose their minds. 

It will be excuse central if that happens... Baker was out, UGA didn't show up to play because of the CFP snub, etc. As a program that takes pride in being rich in tradition, they will continue their oldest tradition of excuse making then on Monday if bama wins the NC, they will get to enjoy the most recent tradition they have started which we all know is jock sniffing!

18 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Aggie logic... 

UT beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma played Bama within 11, Texas would play Bama within 10, the only team to play Bama within 10 is Georgia, Georgia is the 2nd best team in the country, Texas must be #3. 

Well, only 3 teams have beaten a CFP team:  Alabama, Clemson and Texas. Now that we have identified the top 3 teams in the country, we should just round robin this thing out and decide who is the best team once and for all.  Otherwise, Bama or Clemson are going to need an asterisk by their title ;)  :D 

47 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The big 12-2 is still the only Power 5 Conference that hasn’t won a playoff game yet.  OU is 0-3

That’s why it should be Texas, Alabama, and 2 at large bids every year.   OU always chokes.  I think Stoops never figured out people were trolling him calling him “Big Game Bob.”   

Winning it all is all that matters. I wouldn't care if Texas was independent. I mean really, who actually remembers past bowl victories? Everybody tries to win the title. Until someone out recruits Bama and Clemson or hires a coach who can outcoach them ( that will be a tough one) they will continue to win it all. When else in history has the championship game been played by the same two teams three years straight ?( excluding back when there were only two teams...lol)

The only reason I am excited about the Sugar Bowl is that we are playing a top talent team and it is a huge step up from where our program has been. Next year.......I'm trying to win it all, not just be included in a conference that does well in bowl games.