Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

4 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Explain how Democrats are doing exact same thing?

They all agree there is a crisis at the border and illegal immigration is major problem. They have all been documented saying such. Trumps 5.7 proposal is a drop in the pond.. They agree there is a crisis, the money is not an issue at all, but they are obstructing his agenda. They are obstructing so bad, they are okay with a million workers working for free as long as Trump don't get what he wants, and what they agree with. 

18 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

They all agree there is a crisis at the border and illegal immigration is major problem. They have all been documented saying such. Trumps 5.7 proposal is a drop in the pond.. They agree there is a crisis, the money is not an issue at all, but they are obstructing his agenda. They are obstructing so bad, they are okay with a million workers working for free as long as Trump don't get what he wants, and what they agree with. 

So, your idea of negotiation is give your side everything they want or walk away?  A bill passed both houses with 1.7 billion in border security funding. Both houses.  McConnell didn't know Trump was going to throw him under the bus with a veto.  Trump screwed the pooch not realizing the Senate Majority leader is responsible for bringing any bill to vote in the Senate. He's  painted himself into a corner, and I can't wait to see how he gets out of it.

26 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Yeah I gotta agree with Reagan. Where is the outrage for blatantly trying to ruin a man's life to save a seat? Without evidence Democrate after Democrat continued to slander that man in front of the nation. Where is your outrage? 

I don't think that the Senate hearings were allowed enough evidence or testimony to decide if the man's character was suitable for the Supreme Court.  It was ugly, no doubt, but you think the accuser should have just been ignored?

11 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I don't think that the Senate hearings were allowed enough evidence or testimony to decide if the man's character was suitable for the Supreme Court.  It was ugly, no doubt, but you think the accuser should have just been ignored?

I think an accuser who don't know where she was, who she was with, when it happened, or how she got home should be ignored. When she waits 30 years, to wait for this guy to get nominated to the highest court in the land, who mysteriously goes away as soon as he is confirmed should be ignored. She didn't even know what year lol yeah she should be ignored.

28 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I think an accuser who don't know where she was, who she was with, when it happened, or how she got home should be ignored. When she waits 30 years, to wait for this guy to get nominated to the highest court in the land, who mysteriously goes away as soon as he is confirmed should be ignored. She didn't even know what year lol yeah she should be ignored.

What if it was your daughter? Would you lol then?

6 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

What if it was your son. Blasted on National News. Condemened by over half the country. Without a shred of evidence and a testimony that was laughable. Spare me.

I would believe my son, and tell him to tough it out.  I would also believe my daughter and tell her to speak her piece.

8 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I would believe my son, and tell him to tough it out.  I would also believe my daughter and tell her to speak her piece.

And was the "daughter" not permitted to speak her peace( note the correct spelling of peace)?  If a daughter launches an accusation ( at the urging of others) does that make it automatically true/accurate?

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And was the "daughter" not permitted to speak her peace( note the correct spelling of peace)?  If a daughter launches an accusation ( at the urging of others) does that make it automatically true/accurate?

Not automatically.

Hey, let's lighten up a minute. Did ya'll see where Prince Philip rolled his Toyota Landrover? Ninety-seven, and the guy walked away.  The vehicle looked like it took a pretty good beating.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

You spell check, too? Well, check Merriam Webster. It lists my usage of “piece” as a proper way to spell the word in the context used. Sheesh.

I will respectfully retract my allegation regarding spelling.   Please answer this question for me since you brought up daughters.  Kate Steinle could have been my daughter and there was absolutely no doubt about how she died.  Did anything come of that?

Would also like your opinion on something.  Let"s assume, for the moment, that in his teens, Judge Kavanaugh DID do some of what was alleged?   How many people do you know that, without a doubt, did not do something similar as a youngster?  I never had a beer in high school or college ( and cant think of anyone I knew who could make a similar claim)  Would that make me , somehow, better qualified for a job/position than some of my friends who did?

7 hours ago, UT alum said:

So, your idea of negotiation is give your side everything they want or walk away?  A bill passed both houses with 1.7 billion in border security funding. Both houses.  McConnell didn't know Trump was going to throw him under the bus with a veto.  Trump screwed the pooch not realizing the Senate Majority leader is responsible for bringing any bill to vote in the Senate. He's  painted himself into a corner, and I can't wait to see how he gets out of it.

Trump signed the last budget and made it very clear that he wouldn’t sign another one without money for the wall.  They have had plenty of time to figure something out.  Trump is sticking to his word.  

This is the hidden content, please

Quote:
U.S. Border Patrol agents seized 270 bundles of cocaine from the Rio Grande Thursday. The drugs are worth more than $22.5 million, 

Customs and Border Protection said in a release.

Agents saw several people loading bundles of narcotics onto a utility vehicle near Garciasville, Texas, according to a release from CBP. The driver of the utility vehicle saw agents approaching and turned toward the river, rammed a gate and drove into the river, escaping with at least one other person. Agents say

they swam back to Mexico with some of the narcotics.

After taking the utility vehicle out of the river, agents also discovered several communication devices, game-cameras and tire deflation devices (caltrops) likely intended to disable law enforcement vehicles, the release states.

Acting Chief Patrol Agent Raul Ortiz said this is an example of why more personnel, technology and infrastructure is needed at the border and said transnational criminal organizations continue to exploit areas along the border.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:45 PM, stevenash said:

First quesrionI will respectfully retract my allegation regarding spelling.   Please answer this question for me since you brought up daughters.  Kate Steinle could have been my daughter and there was absolutely no doubt about how she died.  Did anything come of that?

Would also like your opinion on something.  Let"s assume, for the moment, that in his teens, Judge Kavanaugh DID do some of what was alleged?   How many people do you know that, without a doubt, did not do something similar as a youngster?  I never had a beer in high school or college ( and cant think of anyone I knew who could make a similar claim)  Would that make me , somehow, better qualified for a job/position than some of my friends who did?

3 minutes ago, UT alum said:

First question: I think he was acquitted. No policy is going to keep all the bad ones out. I’m wondering if there’s anything we can do as a nation to make it more difficult for these bad actors to obtain firearms. Think a universal check might catch some? If your answer is that “when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns”, I reply that that theory has wound up putting far too many guns on the street for illegal purchase. I support the second amendment, by the way, just not the NRA’s interpretation.

Second question, comportment.  Look at how Clarence Thomas comported himself during the Anita Hill hearings. He acted like a man of even temper who could take criticism and keep a calm demeanor. Kavanaugh looked like a frat club officer insulted that anyone would question him or the brotherhood. His arrogance disqualified him in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Let someof these dems have something happen to them or loved ones then and only then will they change their tune.  It’s sad that there are humans-citizens in leadership roles that don’t protect the American people but I guess i can’t be surprised when babies are killed everyday.  Bunch sick individuals.

before long we ll be just like Europe.  

35 minutes ago, UT alum said:

First question: I think he was acquitted. No policy is going to keep all the bad ones out. I’m wondering if there’s anything we can do as a nation to make it more difficult for these bad actors to obtain firearms. Think a universal check might catch some? If your answer is that “when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns”, I reply that that theory has wound up putting far too many guns on the street for illegal purchase. I support the second amendment, by the way, just not the NRA’s interpretation.Second question, comportment.  Look at how Clarence Thomas comported himself during the Anita Hill hearings. He acted like a man of even temper who could take criticism and keep a calm demeanor. Kavanaugh looked like a frat club officer insulted that anyone would question him or the brotherhood. His arrogance disqualified him in my opinio

n.

I see.  Now we are to pass judgement on the qualifications of someone based upon their "arrogance".  I dont think he was arrogant at all and simply outraged over the sham of an "investigation".  If we accept your theory on arrogance as a major determinant of qualification, please, do tell, exactly who will be the final arbiter of "arrogance".   I perceived the individual who preceeded Trump as president as being very arrogant but , although not by my liking, he was still the President.

42 minutes ago, UT alum said:

First question: I think he was acquitted. No policy is going to keep all the bad ones out. I’m wondering if there’s anything we can do as a nation to make it more difficult for these bad actors to obtain firearms. Think a universal check might catch some? If your answer is that “when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns”, I reply that that theory has wound up putting far too many guns on the street for illegal purchase. I support the second amendment, by the way, just not the NRA’s interpretation.

Second question, comportment.  Look at how Clarence Thomas comported himself during the Anita Hill hearings. He acted like a man of even temper who could take criticism and keep a calm demeanor. Kavanaugh looked like a frat club officer insulted that anyone would question him or the brotherhood. His arrogance disqualified him in my opinion.

Give us the NRA’s interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

Be specific as to your disagreement with it.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

I see.  Now we are to pass judgement on the qualifications of someone based upon their "arrogance".  I dont think he was arrogant at all and simply outraged over the sham of an "investigation".  If we accept your theory on arrogance as a major determinant of qualification, please, do tell, exactly who will be the final arbiter of "arrogance".   I perceived the individual who preceeded Trump as president as being very arrogant but , although not by my liking, he was still the President.

Obama wasn't an arrogant prick at all, was he?