Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

The mortgage mess was caused by the "subprime" mortgage sector"  That sector, by definition, does not involve many upper class folks.  The real problem was a "well intentioned"  government ( once again, claiming they wanted more people to realize the american dream even if not qualified) trying to influence what ought to be left to the free market.  Every problem of poor people is NOT because some rich guy caused it for them even though many on the left subscribe to that belief.  Let me give you my opinion on what is responsible for rising prices.  Too much credit.  If I am trying to sell my house and there are two qualified buyers, I can probably get "x" for my house.   However, if a government program suddenly makes two more "qualified buyers" ( and they aren"t qualified because under normal circumstances, they don"t have the income or the down payment that the first two do) that doubles the demand for my house.   I am not going to lecture you on the laws of supply and demand but I am sure you get my drift.( price of my home rises)  If the government had not come up with the new programs( they think that if it helps people, it must be good and they can therefore tweak markets without any ill effects) much of this would not have taken place.  The  very  people they thought they were going to help are PRECISELY the people that got hurt.  From my perspective the predatory lending practice began when the government tried to interfere with/massage well established lending standards.

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Those backpacks would be a lot harder to carry if the had to get them over a wall

23saouh.jpg

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Those backpacks would be a lot harder to carry if the had to get them over a wall

23saouh.jpg

Close the southern border. Keep it closed until Mexico funds the wall and controls the flow of immigrants. FBI,DEA, ,BOP, ATF, Homeland Security,Coast Guard, Secret Service and the U.S.Courts Guard should not be shutdown. The House passed three bipartisan bills to open up these agencies and others. Some of you have no idea how bad it is. The moral is at its all time low. Staff are really breaking down and families are being ruined. I worked at a pantry serving the home less because they provided diapers for my co-workers who had new born babies but couldn't afford diapers. The pantry provided out of love and I wanted them to know that I really appreciated them. We complain about non-essential staff but these people are not on government assistant. They put in 40 hours a week and pay taxes. They are not sitting at home having babies and waiting on the first and the fifthteenth. Private sectors are not knocking on their doors. Some of the men and women have obtained degrees from prestigious colleges and worked very hard to be placed in those positions. These same staff have been summoned back to work so that you may receive your tax return on time. 

27 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

"Joe Biden argued that President Bush should wait until after the election to appoint a replacement if a Supreme Court seat became vacant during the summer."

Bitching about the same crap Democrats do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Democrats have ever refused to even hear a Republican president's nominee.  That was a great disrespect to the presidency, not just President Obama, when they refused to even listen to Garrick Marland whether the vote happened or not. 

4 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Democrats have ever refused to even hear a Republican president's nominee.  That was a great disrespect to the presidency, not just President Obama, when they refused to even listen to Garrick Marland whether the vote happened or not. 

We can't engage in a conversation about disrespect to a presidency. How did you not just "choke". Even Biden agreed, a lame duck president, in an election year, should wait until after the election for a nomination. 

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

We can't engage in a conversation about disrespect to a presidency. How did you not just "choke". Even Biden agreed, a lame duck president, in an election year, should wait until after the election for a nomination. 

But never denied anybody a hearing.  You don't hear what I'm saying.  I don't recall a Democrat Senate Majority Leader ever announcing on inauguration day that his/her only objective was to make the President a one termer.  That is obstructionism prima facie.

4 minutes ago, UT alum said:

But never denied anybody a hearing.  You don't hear what I'm saying.  I don't recall a Democrat Senate Majority Leader ever announcing on inauguration day that his/her only objective was to make the President a one termer.  That is obstructionism prima facie.

And the Democrats aren't doing the same exact thing? Where is the outrage? But the Republicans did it first? We can go back and forth with it all day..

6 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I'm not mad at the Democrats. Let em play the game how they want. They ain't costing me a pay check.

7 minutes ago, UT alum said:

If you don't think what they did to Kavanugh was totally evil, then there is a problem.  To falsely accuse this man of sexual misconduct 30 years ago is, again -- pure evil.  And the Dims own it 100%.

11 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Yeah I gotta agree with Reagan. Where is the outrage for blatantly trying to ruin a man's life to save a seat? Without evidence Democrate after Democrat continued to slander that man in front of the nation. Where is your outrage?