Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

32 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why not use funds to give actual citizens that need it a better life, instead of spending billions on ILLEGALS?  It seems that is where the money would be better served.  It may not be about the vote for you, but it dang sure is for the Schumer's and Pelosi's in DC.

How would you use those funds to give actual citizens a better life? Healthcare? Food stamps? Childcare assistance? Just cut us all a check, what? The tax cuts are going to expire for the middle class but continue for the top earners. You’re talking a trillion dollars over ten years that won’t be going to help us out here working in the real world. Haven’t you had enough trickling down on you for 30 years?

52 minutes ago, UT alum said:

How would you use those funds to give actual citizens a better life? Healthcare? Food stamps? Childcare assistance? Just cut us all a check, what? The tax cuts are going to expire for the middle class but continue for the top earners. You’re talking a trillion dollars over ten years that won’t be going to help us out here working in the real world. Haven’t you had enough trickling down on you for 30 years?

Based on what is happening in the economy right now, seems like plenty is trickling down to people at almost all socioeconomic levels.

14 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Based on what is happening in the economy right now, seems like plenty is trickling down to people at almost all socioeconomic levels.

Trickle and plenty are mutually exclusive terms. Middle class wages have barely grown for 30 years while accumulations at the top have skyrocketed. The CEO/ line worker’s earnings ratio increase over that period is one example.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Your question is a false equivalence. The White House and Fort Knox are also heavily guarded. If the wall is so effective, why? Are you proposing a guard every hundred yards along a thousand mile fence? And rich folk, their walls are as much for privacy, if not more, than protection. Guarding 50 or 100 acres with a wall is nothing to compare with protecting a thousand miles of open border.

Also, why do you presume to know my intentions just because I am a Democrat? That is highly prejudiced. I don’t see immigrants as votes. I see the vast majority as people looking for a better life. I’m proud to live in a country that is a beacon on the hill. Calling an opponent names is not debate.

So give me the solution.

And yes, I know Democrats intentions...it’s reflected in policy.

2 hours ago, Englebert said:

Do you think the millions of Russian citizens consider their own country a threat to the U.S.? Do you think many Russian citizens consider the U.S. a threat to Russia? Do you consider the U.S. a threat to Russia? Is this your opinion or is it fact?

My opinion is that Russian citizens believe the U.S. is a joke. I don’t believe Russia considers the U.S. a threat as long as they can try and manipulate the President. I believe they capitalize when we have internal issues that show the world our weaknesses. My opinion is that President Trump can do more. I believe Putin is trying to revert back to before the Soviet Union split into 15 countries before 1991. 

29 minutes ago, Law Man said:

My opinion is that Russian citizens believe the U.S. is a joke. I don’t believe Russia considers the U.S. a threat as long as they can try and manipulate the President. I believe they capitalize when we have internal issues that show the world our weaknesses. My opinion is that President Trump can do more. I believe Putin is trying to revert back to before the Soviet Union split into 15 countries before 1991. 

So it's all opinion, not "fact"...which was my only point. Why are you trying to argue against the obvious?

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Trickle and plenty are mutually exclusive terms. Middle class wages have barely grown for 30 years while accumulations at the top have skyrocketed. The CEO/ line worker’s earnings ratio increase over that period is one example.

Please let me know what percentage of all taxes collected are paid by the rich vs the middle class.

20 minutes ago, Englebert said:

So it's all opinion, not "fact"...which was my only point. Why are you trying to argue against the obvious?

Fact is  a ex- US marine sits in a Russian prison being used as a political pawn. I have given you facts and opinions.  Putin has made military moves in the Middle East, Japan, Georgia, and Syria to name a few. Then there is the US elections. 

16 minutes ago, Law Man said:

The point is Russia is a clear and present threat. I stated as fact. 

And you have been proven wrong. It is your opinion, just as I stated in my first post on this...one that you tried to argue. Do you know the difference between opinion and fact? Your previous posts emphatically scream "NO".

15 minutes ago, Englebert said:

And you have been proven wrong. It is your opinion, just as I stated in my first post on this...one that you tried to argue. Do you know the difference between opinion and fact? Your previous posts emphatically scream "NO".

I don’t believe you know the difference between fact or opinion. You haven’t proven any fact checks. You can’t , but I’ll wait.

3 hours ago, Law Man said:

I don’t believe you know the difference between fact or opinion. You haven’t proven any fact checks. You can’t , but I’ll wait.

The toddlers are laughing at you again.

Let's see if we can attempt an explanation this way:

You are a moron. Your posts leave no shadow of a doubt that you are a moron. Is that a fact or an opinion?

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

The toddlers are laughing at you again.

Let's see if we can attempt an explanation this way:

You are a moron. Your posts leave no shadow of a doubt that you are a moron. Is that a fact or an opinion?

You revert to name calling. The Psychology Degree you claim to have obtained has served  you well. The adults on this board do not find your insults amusing but tactless. No one is laughing and no one will take you serious. This will be my last time addressing any of your post. I happen to be a moron who works for the United States Attorney General. I don't know you and I will not result to being insensitive. However I wish you well Mr. Englebert.

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

Please let me know what percentage of all taxes collected are paid by the rich vs the middle class.

That is a misleading question. Income tax, maybe more in gross dollars, but not proportionately for value added taxes like sales tax or state income taxes.

A much more telling statistic is the amount of wealth distributed to the top 1% versus everyone else. Fifty percent of Americans at the bottown of the chart own about 1/10th of one percent of the nations wealth. I don’t have the stat right at hand for the one percent, but I can get it,  and it’s high. Over 70%. He who owns the most should pay the most for a system that protects their way of life.

I know that billionaire hedge fund managers pay a 10% rate on their earnings. My rate is twice that. That’s not a fair tax system.

39 minutes ago, Law Man said:

You revert to name calling. The Psychology Degree you claim to have obtained has served  you well. The adults on this board do not find your insults amusing but tactless. No one is laughing and no one will take you serious. This will be my last time addressing any of your post. I happen to be a moron who works for the United States Attorney General. I don't know you and I will not result to being insensitive. However I wish you well Mr. Englebert.

You trying to take the high road...now that's entertainment. Coming from someone that doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion, you are quite amusing. Maybe the United States Attorney General can explain the difference to you. And it's probably best you refrain from responding. Each post you offer shows your lack of intelligence.

33 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Trying to imply that you are an attorney?  Please elaborate

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Trying to imply that you are an attorney?  Please elaborate

35 minutes ago, Law Man said:

The DOJ falls under the authority of the Attorney General. They don't hire morons.

27 minutes ago, UT alum said:

That is a misleading question. Income tax, maybe more in gross dollars, but not proportionately for value added taxes like sales tax or state income taxes.

A much more telling statistic is the amount of wealth distributed to the top 1% versus everyone else. Fifty percent of Americans own about 1/10th of one percent of the nations wealth. I don’t have the stat right at hand for the one percent, but I can get it,  and it’s highly. He who owns the most should pay the most for a system that protects their way of life.

I know that billionaire hedge fund managers pay a 10% rate on their earnings. My rate is twice that. That’s not a fair tax system.

So the billionaire hedge fund managers pay a personal tax rate of 10% ?   Show me those stats please.  'll bet you believed it when Harry Reid stated that he "heard" that Mitt Romney hadnt paid any taxes. 

23 minutes ago, UT alum said:

A much more telling statistic is the amount of wealth distributed to the top 1% versus everyone else. Fifty percent of Americans own about 1/10th of one percent of the nations wealth. I don’t have the stat right at hand for the one percent, but I can get it,  and it’s highly. He who owns the most should pay the most for a system that protects their way of life.

Your statement "the amount of wealth distributed to the top 1%" is also misleading. I think those 1% would think they earned it and it wasn't distributed to them.

6 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

What does this guy know?

I don’t know. Morgan has his reasons, but in the past he favored comprehensive reform including barriers, technology, additional judges, and border personnel. If Trump would bargain on DACA he’d get more for his wall, but the great negotiator is refusing to negotiate, only demand.