Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

56 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Definitions of words matter to the courts. What is happening does not meet that definition in my estimation. We need secure borders. The debate should be over what that looks like and how we fund it. Look, you and I are both Americans, we both want what’s best for the country. That debate has been going on since Jefferson and Madison went at it over states rights versus federalism. If the congress had any cojones, and I’m talking both parties here, they’d get the government back open then openly debate, negotiate, compromise, and come up with a plan that realistically addresses the problem. We may need more wall, but I don’t believe it should be the centerpiece. I’d be interested in your sources documenting the tsunami of immigrants you believe is coming at us.  

5 billion does not make this a centerpiece by a long shot, it’s a drop in the bucket and if a Democrat President was in office the Democrat controlled House would be all over it, their previous statements prove this, as well as it proves their hypocrisy.

They are the ones playing games here and the shutdown is 100% on them.

As far as evidence of our porous southern border, there is plenty of evidence out there and the last caravan will only embolden more of the same and most likely on a larger scale.  Community organizing gets more efficient with time.

Build the wall...they work, we all know the opposition has nothing to do with money, it’s because of silly political games from Dems and their hatred for Trump.

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I welcome people that disagree and will debate.  Most lefties on here won’t and just post and run. If you’re a Lib, then own it.  You don’t have to lie and embellish your personal situation to gain pitty while saying you are a Republican. 

My situation is not personal. 799,999 Federal employees share my same fate. Pitty is not at word Mr. SETX Staff Leader. So there is no pitty to gain. Being Republican or Democrat does not embellish a situation. I only ask for your prayers. Not for me, but those who are less fortunate than you. Thank you for being a representative of this board. You should really be proud.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

5 billion does not make this a centerpiece by a long shot, it’s a drop in the bucket and if a Democrat President was in office the Democrat controlled House would be all over it, their previous statements prove this, as well as it proves their hypocrisy.

They are the ones playing games here and the shutdown is 100% on them.

As far as evidence of our porous southern border, there is plenty of evidence out there and the last caravan will only embolden more of the same and most likely on a larger scale.  Community organizing gets more efficient with time.

Build the wall...they work, we all know the opposition has nothing to do with money, it’s because of silly political games from Dems and their hatred for Trump.

Again, where “out there” is the evidence? Walls do work in some places, but a wall from Brownsville to San Diego is outrageous. It would cost over 50 billion and be a terrible waste of resources. You a big fan of imminent domain?

I don’t hate Donald Trump, I just  think he’s dangerously unfit for the job.

11 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Again, where “out there” is the evidence? Walls do work in some places, but a wall from Brownsville to San Diego is outrageous. It would cost over 50 billion and be a terrible waste of resources. You a big fan of imminent domain?

Do you drive on highways?

You must be a fan of eminent domain...smh.

Take the time to see what present and past border patrol folks have to say about this epidemic and the wall.  I consider the boots on the ground to be the experts, not the Democrats in Washington.(who actually thought this was a great idea not long ago)

About to be in a deer stand...look forward to continuing the debate later.

:)

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

My situation is not personal. 799,999 Federal employees share my same fate. Pitty is not at word Mr. SETX Staff Leader. So there is no pitty to gain. Being Republican or Democrat does not embellish a situation. I only ask for your prayers. Not for me, but those who are less fortunate than you. Thank you for being a representative of this board. You should really be proud.

I do pray for you as well as all of the other federal employees not getting paid.  My wife works at the Federal Prison, so I do understand.  I simply asked if you had missed a paycheck yet and you didn’t respond multiple times.  One could see why I came to the conclusion I did 

23 minutes ago, UT alum said:

When has anyone ever called for a wall from Brownsville to San Diego?

59 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I do pray for you as well as all of the other federal employees not getting paid.  My wife works at the Federal Prison, so I do understand.  I simply asked if you had missed a paycheck yet and you didn’t respond multiple times.  One could see why I came to the conclusion I did 

58 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

58 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

What was you conclusion?  The fact, is I spent a lot of money on Christmas for my kids. I maxed out my credit cards to purchase gifts.  The Government shutdown two days before Christmas. All Government agencies do not receive pay at the same time. I did not receive a check. I received a letter from HR on a letter head to provide to my creditors. I have stated this on many post. My issues are small compared to single parents. My oldest two kids are in college. Clemson university and USC Gamecocks. I paid for the meal plan but I swear my kids make it seem as if they are starving. I drive one hour and thirty minutes one to work and two hours back due to traffic. Why? To keep my family safe. The U.S Courts have funds until Jan. 18,2019.  Government agencies are totally different. House and Senate are still getting paid.

I live 5 states away from Texas. We pay taxes on cars even after they are purchased and paid in full.  I live pay check to pay check. Yes, I will receive back pay when the Government opens up. I am "essential" and I enjoy keeping people safe. I also volunteer as a victim advocate with a local Town Police Department. Bills are do and I am still Blessed.

7 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Do you drive on highways?

You must be a fan of eminent domain...smh.

Take the time to see what present and past border patrol folks have to say about this epidemic and the wall.  I consider the boots on the ground to be the experts, not the Democrats in Washington.(who actually thought this was a great idea not long ago)

About to be in a deer stand...look forward to continuing the debate later.

:)

Eminent domain (thanks for spelling correction) is government taking of private land for public use with compensation. A lot of people in south Texas will have their land and some homes taken for the wall to be built. Most conservatives find emine domain distasteful at best. Guess it depends on whose ox is being gored.

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

When has anyone ever called for a wall from Brownsville to San Diego?

August 25th 2015 in Dubuque, Iowa when asked by a reporter how he would build a 1900 mile wall he said “I’m a builder, it’ll be easy...” I think now it’s down to 1000 miles, but that’s the point. His sands shift faster than Village Creek at flood stage.

4 hours ago, UT alum said:

Eminent domain (thanks for spelling correction) is government taking of private land for public use with compensation. A lot of people in south Texas will have their land and some homes taken for the wall to be built. Most conservatives find emine domain distasteful at best. Guess it depends on whose ox is being gored.

I am definitely no fan of eminent domain but if it is for a legit national security problem...I’m all in.

Question, if walls don’t work, why does the White House, Fort Knox or any number of rich folks and secured locations need them?

We all know they work, Dems are bucking this because they know those that come across benefit them.  Stop insulting conservatives intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

Democrats are a sad lot, they can never state what their true intentions are, even when everyone knows.

On 1/12/2019 at 0:11 AM, Englebert said:

You continue to embarrass yourself.

You claim Russia is a clear and present danger. Maybe true, maybe not. What is crystal clear is that it is an opinion, even though you hilariously claim that as fact.

You claim Trump will not be reelected in 2020. Maybe true, maybe not. Again, this is opinion and not fact. The 3rd graders are still laughing.

You claim U.S. Generals refuse to work for Trump. You are so cute when you try to claim facts.

I'll just stop here. It's hard to type when you are laughing...especially at and not with someone. You tried to pass your opinions as fact, which shows how woefully devoid you are of common sense. But please keep trying, you might catch up one day. In the meantime, we can keep laughing at you.

You claim Russia is a clear and present danger. Maybe true, maybe not. What is crystal clear is that it is an opinion, even though you hilariously claim that as fact.

You claim Trump will not be reelected in 2020. Maybe true, maybe not. Again, this is opinion and not fact. The 3rd graders are still laughing.

You claim U.S. Generals refuse to work for Trump. You are so cute when you try to claim facts.

I'll just stop here. It's hard to type when you are laughing...especially at and not with someone. You tried to pass your opinions as fact, which shows how woefully devoid you are of common sense. But please keep trying, you might catch up one day. In the meantime, we can keep laughing at you.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:37 AM, Englebert said:

You definitely quoted the correct post on this one.

And it is very, very difficult, if not impossible, to have a "debate" with someone that doesn't know fact from opinion, which is the only thing I was challenging. Do you really think you possess debating skills? Now that is funny.

Reuters:

Russia has built new barracks on a disputed chain of islands near Japan and will build more facilities for armored vehicles promoting protest from Japan. Russia plans to move more troops to the Nothern Territores in Japan. Japan says 3500 Russian troops are deployed on two larger islands as part of a Military buildup. Russia is clear and present danger to U.S.. Putin  wants one world order. He is making his presents felt all over the world.  We have a ex marine sitting in a Russian prison on a bogus charge. Syria is in the middle East and Putin has staked his claim I know you will find this Funny.

12 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I am definitely no fan of eminent domain but if it is for a legit national security problem...I’m all in.

Question, if walls don’t work, why does the White House, Fort Knox or any number of rich folks and secured locations need them?

We all know they work, Dems are bucking this because they know those that come across benefit them.  Stop insulting conservatives intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

Democrats are a sad lot, they can never state what their true intentions are, even when everyone knows.

Your question is a false equivalence. The White House and Fort Knox are also heavily guarded. If the wall is so effective, why? Are you proposing a guard every hundred yards along a thousand mile fence? And rich folk, their walls are as much for privacy, if not more, than protection. Guarding 50 or 100 acres with a wall is nothing to compare with protecting a thousand miles of open border.

Also, why do you presume to know my intentions just because I am a Democrat? That is highly prejudiced. I don’t see immigrants as votes. I see the vast majority as people looking for a better life. I’m proud to live in a country that is a beacon on the hill. Calling an opponent names is not debate.

6 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Your question is a false equivalence. The White House and Fort Knox are also heavily guarded. If the wall is so effective, why? Are you proposing a guard every hundred yards along a thousand mile fence? And rich folk, their walls are as much for privacy, if not more, than protection. Guarding 50 or 100 acres with a wall is nothing to compare with protecting a thousand miles of open border.

Also, why do you presume to know my intentions just because I am a Democrat? That is highly prejudiced. I don’t see immigrants as votes. I see the vast majority as people looking for a better life. I’m proud to live in a country that is a beacon on the hill. Calling an opponent names is not debate.

Why not use funds to give actual citizens that need it a better life, instead of spending billions on ILLEGALS?  It seems that is where the money would be better served.  It may not be about the vote for you, but it dang sure is for the Schumer's and Pelosi's in DC.

5 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why not use funds to give actual citizens that need it a better life, instead of spending billions on ILLEGALS?  It seems that is where the money would be better served.  It may not be about the vote for you, but it dang sure is for the Schumer's and Pelosi's in DC.

What I want to know is who the heck is looking after me? Do I live the life of Riley that I am supposed to give it away to anyone who can illegally cross our border? And why is it called a “border”? I have worked my tail off all my life. Paperboy, stevedore, plumber's helper, scaffold builder, formed and poured concrete, pipeline, remodeling/carpentry,....yes, thats' right.....Jack of all trades, master of none, but I did it the way I had to because I wasn't privy to a higher education to get that golden boy job. Why would anyone want to work their arse off to try and better themself simply to end up even? Call it prejudice, bias, any number of other names, but we all strive to live better lives and reach a certain niche. I live better than I thought I ever would, but I am not rich by any stretch. I have no problem with non Americans striving to better themselves, but don't illegally cross our border with “demands” and a certain sense of pity for me to “give” my hard earned life away to those who haven't worked one day for me.

I don't think the wall is intended to be continuous. Mostly in border towns where crossings would pay off. Out in the boonies, there is too much risk of dying from exposure. Hey, bring the kids!!!!! We could blame their demise on TRUMP!!!!

4 hours ago, Law Man said:

Reuters:

Russia has built new barracks on a disputed chain of islands near Japan and will build more facilities for armored vehicles promoting protest from Japan. Russia plans to move more troops to the Nothern Territores in Japan. Japan says 3500 Russian troops are deployed on two larger islands as part of a Military buildup. Russia is clear and present danger to U.S.. Putin  wants one world order. He is making his presents felt all over the world.  We have a ex marine sitting in a Russian prison on a bogus charge. Syria is in the middle East and Putin has staked his claim I know you will find this Funny.

Do you think the millions of Russian citizens consider their own country a threat to the U.S.? Do you think many Russian citizens consider the U.S. a threat to Russia? Do you consider the U.S. a threat to Russia? Is this your opinion or is it fact?