Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

Here is a good example of fake news.  The media can make up stories to say whatever they want and people fall for it.  

Article from yesterday 

“This is the sleepiest little town you could think of,” said Adriana Zizumbo, 31, who was raised in Columbus and owns the cafe with her husband. “The only crisis we’re facing here is a shortage of labor. Fewer people cross the border to work than before, and Americans don’t want to get their hands dirty doing hard work.”

This is the hidden content, please

Just a few years ago that sleepy little town was overrun with drug and gun runners for the cartel.  I guess I have different views of what’s considered sleepy than the NYT

The former mayor, police chief and a village trustee all pleaded guilty last year to federal charges of trafficking highly sought AK-47-style pistols to Mexican cartels. Some of the weapons were later seized at murder scenes across the border.”

This is the hidden content, please

6 minutes ago, westend1 said:

That's all you got?  Trump said he would shut it down if the wall wasn't fully funded.  So put up.   Shut it down.  It would have a much bigger effect on slowing drugs than his wall.

I don't have the power to shut it down. I doubt Trump will close the border. Again, nice take. It is very simple. All the prominent Democrats are on record supporting exactly what Trump wants to do. Because he is trying to do it, they are blocking it. It's not about money it is about not letting Trump move forward with his agenda. 

8 minutes ago, westend1 said:

That's all you got?  Trump said he would shut it down if the wall wasn't fully funded.  So put up.   Shut it down.  It would have a much bigger effect on slowing drugs than his wall.

What do you mean? Should I be argumentative and aggressive. I don't think the border will get shut down. What more is there? Democrats are holding the government hostage just to keep Trump from getting the job done. People like you blame Trump, people with sense realize what Democrats are doing. There isn't much more to debate.

5 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I don't have the power to shut it down. I doubt Trump will close the border. Again, nice take. It is very simple. All the prominent Democrats are on record supporting exactly what Trump wants to do. Because he is trying to do it, they are blocking it. It's not about money it is about not letting Trump move forward with his agenda. 

We are talking about this thread.  What did Trump say he would do if he didn't get wall funding?  Was he lying?  He doesn't need the Democrats to do this.

25 minutes ago, westend1 said:

We are talking about this thread.  What did Trump say he would do if he didn't get wall funding?  Was he lying?  He doesn't need the Democrats to do this.

I guess "he's lying" if he don't close the border if the wall doesn't happen. Call it a lie, am empty threat, a bluff, I don't care. He has said many things I don't necessarily agree with. Has said things I don't think he should have. That doesn't change much for me. It's obvious we need a better immigration policy and a more effective wall. The money he is asking for a drop of water in the ocean compares to the budget and money given to much worse causes. I have a bigger issue with certain people just trying to prevent the President from doing his job. They all have said on record they support it. I have a bigger problem with that than Trump making an empty threat or a bluff. That's just me.

"If you pass my new healthcare legislation, the average American will see a 25% decrease in healthcare premiums."  "If you like your doctor/healthcare plan, you can keep them."  " Benghazi was the result of an internet video"  " Bowe Bergdahl served his country with honor and distinction"  " Read my lips, no new taxes"  " I did NOT have sex with that woman"    Lets not pretend that Mr. Trump is the exclusive purveyor of untruths.

3 hours ago, westend1 said:

I think he said he may shut it down. He has also said he may declare a national emergency. Sit tight. He will probably do one or the other pretty soon.

3 hours ago, westend1 said:

How do you feel about what Schumer, Pelosi, obama, and other dims have said about illegals and the border?  Since it's not Trump, I'm sure you have no problem with it.

26 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

How do you feel about what Schumer, Pelosi, obama, and other dims have said about illegals and the border?  Since it's not Trump, I'm sure you have no problem with it.

What did they say about the border that you want me to comment on?  Trump said he would shut down the border crossings if the wall wasn’t funded. He won’t do it. Why?  It would stop most of the flow of drugs.  Truth is, he isn’t interested in stopping anything.  He needs to build something, even if only a fence, to appease his base. You disagree?

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

What did they say about the border that you want me to comment on?  Trump said he would shut down the border crossings if the wall wasn’t funded. He won’t do it. Why?  It would stop most of the flow of drugs.  Truth is, he isn’t interested in stopping anything.  He needs to build something, even if only a fence, to appease his base. You disagree?

He needs to build a wall to protect our country.  You disagree?

12 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Yeah. A wall from Brownsville to San Diego is stupid 

So, you were also against it when Schumer, Pelosi, and obama were for it?  Anyway, does their hypocrisy bother you?  Also, are you opposed to the length of the wall or that walls do not work?  Pelosi and obama think s that barriers work.  Pelosi has a barrier around her winery and obama has a wall around his house.  Give us some insight to what you actually believe.

18 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Yeah. A wall from Brownsville to San Diego is stupid 

Why is it stupid?  Was it stupid when the dims were for it?  I'll tell you what is stupid.  The U.S. taxpayers having to pay for these ILLEGALS to here.  This is far more expensive than building a wall.  We get it though.  If the wall is built, the dims lose thousands of votes.

BUILD THE WALL, MR. PRESIDENT

MAGA!!!

Do we even know any specifics about the wall?    We have a wall now and seem to have a crisis (depending on who you ask). What's going to be different about this wall? I think if people had more information about the wall, their may be more support for it.