Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

2 hours ago, Law Man said:

(Reuters) U.S Air Force estimates start up cost for U.S. Space Force will be around $13 billion in the first 5 years. This is according to a Department of Defense memo.

The Fed has spent an estimated $3.8-$5 billion on a high speed rail in California that will most likely never be built.  The govt waste money on dumb stuff all of the time.  I would rather a wall protecting our country than a bunch of empty train stations that don’t lead to anything 

17 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The Fed has spent an estimated $3.8-$5 billion on a high speed rail in California that will most likely never be built.  The govt waste money on dumb stuff all of the time.  I would rather a wall protecting our country than a bunch of empty train stations that don’t lead to anything 

Let's not forget the "Bridge to Nowhere" Alaska. 

2 hours ago, Law Man said:

I don't know. Weapons are placed on satellites.  Recently other countries have been launching into space. China is planning to launch its own artificial moon by 2020 to replace street lamps and lower cost in urban areas, state media report. This all sound fishy to me.

China just landed on the far side of the moon. The relevance is that it's the only place the USA can't spy on them.

Quote:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen got into a tense confrontation this week, with the California Democrat interrupting Nielsen's presentation on border security and illegal immigration, telling her "I reject your facts." 

This is the hidden content, please

33 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:
Quote:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen got into a tense confrontation this week, with the California Democrat interrupting Nielsen's presentation on border security and illegal immigration, telling her "I reject your facts." 

I posted this earlier thinking we are officially in a place where the Dems don’t even want to deal with facts to make policy.

Hard to compromise with that level of ignorance or denial...have to try to simply defeat them.

Problem is, there are lots of ignorant deniers voting for these folks.

Fact is, it’s illegal to cross our borders unless you’ve applied for, and been approved to enter legally.  Now, there’s no way to stop illegals 100%.  So, if we’re to uphold the law of the land, you can do one of two things, without actually just killing people.  You can build a 6 Billion dollar wall/fence, or you can hire another 10,000 or so Border Patrol agents, plus build huge holding facilities to house, feed, clothe, and provide medical care for the thousands of illegals they’ll detain, and eventually deport.  Boom, that 6 Billion is gone, plus many billions more, year after year, after year, after year ad infinitum.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:25 AM, baddog said:

The kids wouldn't suffer any more than they do now. The moms use the stamps for themselves and send the kids to school hungry for their only meals. The free lunch program feeds them.

FEMA replaced the food in my house from the storm that I bought and paid for with my own money. My tax money reimbursed me. I didn't sponge anything off of the government. The non workers do that.

What about people who work and receive food stamps,WIC, or CHIP. Or, the people that work and receive a healthcare subsidy. How do you feel about them?

34 minutes ago, Big girl said:

What about people who work and receive food stamps,WIC, or CHIP. Or, the people that work and receive a healthcare subsidy. How do you feel about them?

Worked with a guy who had his kids on chips.  I didn't like that.

I used those food stamps because I hadn't worked due to the storm, and just the once. That's what it was meant to do. I am not a blood sucker. You can keep implying that if you so please, but it's funny how I'm the only one you feel that way about it. You know people who cheat the system and drive fine cars because of it. That's not me. Those programs are meant to help the needy, not to help non workers drive Challengers.

Well, let us all pray that the Repubs come to some common sense:

Politico>Several dozen House Republicans might cross the aisle this week to vote for Democratic bills to reopen shuttered parts of the federal government, spurring the White House into a dramatic effort to stem potential GOP defections.

18 hours ago, baddog said:

Worked with a guy who had his kids on chips.  I didn't like that.

I used those food stamps because I hadn't worked due to the storm, and just the once. That's what it was meant to do. I am not a blood sucker. You can keep implying that if you so please, but it's funny how I'm the only one you feel that way about it. You know people who cheat the system and drive fine cars because of it. That's not me. Those programs are meant to help the needy, not to help non workers drive Challengers.

I respect you for admitting using govt. assistance in a time of need. A lot more of us use assistance and don't want to admit it or don't realize using govt. assistance. I feel the same about many of the people wanting to cross the border. They will use the assistance until they no longer need it.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I respect you for admitting using govt. assistance in a time of need. A lot more of us use assistance and don't want to admit it or don't realize using govt. assistance. I feel the same about many of the people wanting to cross the border. They will use the assistance until they no longer need it. are no longer eligible. 

FIFY   Most people don't voluntarily give up assistance they are qualified to receive. I can't say I totally blame them. The problem in not the users. The problem is the system. 

5 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I respect you for admitting using govt. assistance in a time of need. A lot more of us use assistance and don't want to admit it or don't realize using govt. assistance. I feel the same about many of the people wanting to cross the border. They will use the assistance until they no longer need it.

They should not be allowed to get any assistance when they cross the border.  If they become citizens, then they are eligible to receive benefits, and only if they become citizens.

13 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

They should not be allowed to get any assistance when they cross the border.  If they become citizens, then they are eligible to receive benefits, and only if they become citizens.

13 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

AMEN brother!!!  Why do illegal's get the same benefits as Americans?  I will never understand or agree with illegals receiving any benefits that Americans are entitled to.