Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

9 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Why are people stuck on “he said Mexico would pay for it.”  Who cares. Simple minded people.  It’s about protecting the border from ILLEGAL immigrants and all the issues they bring with them.      

We would be better off if it was closed especially in the long run

Maybe because that was half of his promise to voters.

4 hours ago, mat said:

I guess we are all selective as to what promises are important and which ones aren't. If Trump would have put as much pressure on Mexico as he has the dems they might have paid for it, rather than shutting down our own government.

I don’t like the govt shut down either.  Our govt has given billions to a bunch of other foolishness but doesn’t want to give money to something that actually protects the country.  

I hope he shuts the border down completely. 

Dems will have to feel find there voters from somewhere else.

“Roman Empire” 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I don’t like the govt shut down either.  Our govt has given billions to a bunch of other foolishness but doesn’t want to give money to something that actually protects the country.  

I hope he shuts the border down completely. 

Dems will have to feel find there voters from somewhere else.

“Roman Empire” 

FOX reports GOP Rep. Walter Jones calls on Trump to use own funds to  help pay for border wall. The President and family have done well making money hosting dignitaries from other countries at his golf courses and resorts. MAGA!!!

Walter Jones stressed that that whatever compromise lawmakers reach in regards to the funding, the national debt should not be added to. We can't keep financing the provision of government services by borrowing more and more money. If Mexico won't fork over the money something Trump has often promised. 

"As a wealthy man, the President might consider pledging some of his own funds as well." 

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

Walter Jones stressed that that whatever compromise lawmakers reach in regards to the funding, the national debt should not be added to. We can't keep financing the provision of government services by borrowing more and more money. If Mexico won't fork over the money something Trump has often promised. 

"As a wealthy man, the President might consider pledging some of his own funds as well." 

Yes, perhaps he and LeBron James and Colin Kaepernick can get together and come up with some big contributions jointly.

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

And we can't keep supporting illegals from other countries.  So the money saved from this, could be used to fund the wall to keep them out.  But, we all know the dims want them here for their votes.

10 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No it shouldn’t.

Trump is asking for less money for the wall than we spend in one month on food stamps.

Border security is a Constitutional responsibility...food stamps aren’t.

That wall will cost $25 billion, not $5 billion.

Who funded the “original” wall? It has been there for awhile. Why, all of a sudden, the hatred for a border wall? Like I said, there is one in place. Can anyone answer this?

I think it is because this is all we have to argue. The issues at hand would be losable arguments for the left. Othere things that were argued have gone by the wayside....

Trump/Russia collusion

Trade

Korea

Kavanaugh and Gorsuch have been sworn/opposition and accusers have vanished into thin air.

isis

immigration bans

What have I left out?