Silsbee Football 2019

BADSANTA

There were some youngsters that showed up this year...  I do know that 3 of the 4 RB's will be back.  The Fullback will be back and the QB.  They're losing some experience in defense especially in the secondary and on the D-Lines.  Not worried about the O-line since the HC has done a great job of getting the O-Lines ready...

Gonna be fun next year...hopefully can take down PN-G and Newton early since they both are going to be hit hard by graduation...

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was told 6 offensive and 6 defensive returners.

Obviously rb, fb, qb on offense as well as 2 more rbs. What are the other 3 on the offensive side?  The way he rotated lots of positions this year i dont know if you couldnt consider some of the backups as semi returners, although i am not sure how many were underclassmen.  Will miss some key members on defense.

13 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Obviously rb, fb, qb on offense as well as 2 more rbs. What are the other 3 on the offensive side?  The way he rotated lots of positions this year i dont know if you couldnt consider some of the backups as semi returners, although i am not sure how many were underclassmen.  Will miss some key members on defense.

I have no idea. I wasn't told specifics, just 6 and 6. Have no clue who are those returners.

Silsbee will return six on offense, the whole backfield, three O-linemen, no TE, no WR. On Defense we will return five, three D-linemen, two ILB, no OLB, no DB. The QB was thrown into the fire moving up from JV to varsity after week three and taking full starting after week five. You could see him getting more and more comfortable each week of practice, not lacking in confidence or not scared to throw the ball. A strong arm, not booming strong and doesn't look the whole field, tracks his favorite receivers with his eyes. If he can mature and work on his mechanics, how high would be his ceiling. The RB are the best in the business, all of them. We are loosing a Sr but there is a So moving up that will fill in nicely. Only one WR coming back that got playing time, there's another Jr and a So that looks to get playing time. Need to find a TE. The Oline will be returning three, loosing a three year starter and a two year starter. On Defense three starting Dline will return that did really good in their first year starting, need to find OLBs, we are loosing two great ones.  At ILB we are losing one of the best to suit up a Silsbee uniform, but we have two that got plenty of playing time. AT DB we are loosing one of the most talented groups I have seen, These guys could cover and tackle as good as any I have seen, basically five players that played every position on the back end, no DBs coming back. If our WRs and DBs develop like they should I like our chances on another looooong playoff run.    

13 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Silsbee will return six on offense, the whole backfield, three O-linemen, no TE, no WR. On Defense we will return five, three D-linemen, two ILB, no OLB, no DB. The QB was thrown into the fire moving up from JV to varsity after week three and taking full starting after week five. You could see him getting more and more comfortable each week of practice, not lacking in confidence or not scared to throw the ball. A strong arm, not booming strong and doesn't look the whole field, tracks his favorite receivers with his eyes. If he can mature and work on his mechanics, how high would be his ceiling. The RB are the best in the business, all of them. We are loosing a Sr but there is a So moving up that will fill in nicely. Only one WR coming back that got playing time, there's another Jr and a So that looks to get playing time. Need to find a TE. The Oline will be returning three, loosing a three year starter and a two year starter. On Defense three starting Dline will return that did really good in their first year starting, need to find OLBs, we are loosing two great ones.  At ILB we are losing one of the best to suit up a Silsbee uniform, but we have two that got plenty of playing time. AT DB we are loosing one of the most talented groups I have seen, These guys could cover and tackle as good as any I have seen, basically five players that played every position on the back end, no DBs coming back. If our WRs and DBs develop like they should I like our chances on another looooong playoff run.    

They were one of the best looking, most athletic teams I’ve ever seen; should’ve beaten Cuero!

On 12/23/2018 at 0:26 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

There were some youngsters that showed up this year...  I do know that 3 of the 4 RB's will be back.  The Fullback will be back and the QB.  They're losing some experience in defense especially in the secondary and on the D-Lines.  Not worried about the O-line since the HC has done a great job of getting the O-Lines ready...

Gonna be fun next year...hopefully can take down PN-G and Newton early since they both are going to be hit hard by graduation...

On 12/23/2018 at 0:26 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

PNG has a lot returning. Nt RJ, of course, but most of the o-line (250+) and Dae Dae and Deslatte and Wenchel. Bost at QB will be fun to watch. Not RJ, but good in his own right. I was told that Deslatte will go to linebacker, which would be awesome because he's like Lejuene back there. We may not be so easy to take down as you think.

1 hour ago, FrodoNDN said:

PNG has a lot returning. Nt RJ, of course, but most of the o-line (250+) and Dae Dae and Deslatte and Wenchel. Bost at QB will be fun to watch. Not RJ, but good in his own right. I was told that Deslatte will go to linebacker, which would be awesome because he's like Lejuene back there. We may not be so easy to take down as you think.

Be careful with comparing anyone to LeJune because that kid was a beast....

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Be careful with comparing anyone to LeJune because that kid was a beast....

I know, Logan's like a son to me. Love that kid.  He'll be starting at first base at Lamar this year. Will be attending many Baseball games this year. Desalatte is aggressive like him. We need leaders on defense badly.