Longview 35 Beaumont West Brook 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Ok thanks for pointing that out to me. We know u are so much smarter than everyone else on here. But a silsbee fan wouldnt know that when u buy a ticket at the stadium they don't ask which game u are there for

Smh.  Newby.  There are a set amount of tickets for each school.  They get a gauge like that.  

And while you trying to crack jokes and throw jabs at Silsbee, you can attend games and not be a fan of a specific team and be completely in the know...  

39 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've always wondered how they figure attendance when there are 3 games? It's not like they know what game u attend or if u leave or stay

Not sure if they scan you when you walk out.  It makes sense that the WB game had the largest attendance with all of the North Shore & Duncanville fans started showing up at the end.  

I dont think these games should count towards the records.  PNG-Plano having nearly 50K for a single game is way more impressive.  

10 hours ago, BigWolf10 said:

Aw man, calling out kids? It was a team lost. Players made mistakes the whole way through. I can’t do this after #3 was instrumental in getting them here vs Tompkins. Enough blame to go around. Coaches never adjusted to help cover those dbacks.  NO pressure on longviews QB.

It’s hard to cover when a qb has time to throw. You gotta realize, these kids were rattled. Opposing coaches, the good ones, will keep chipping away at your weakness. You must adjust.

West Brook staff never adjusted. If your corners are gonna be chasing receivers, pressure the passer.

Thats all im saying the coaches never adjusted, i dont blame the kids at all, the adults have to put them in a position to win

10 hours ago, Yeoj said:

One WR had eight catches for two hundred and eighteen yards for Longview. That's how you question the coaching. I mean damn every time number eleven went into the slot they covered him with a safety that was thirteen to fifteen yards off him. Sorry but if that kid is killing you an adjustment has to be made. And why let the Longview QB sit back with just a four man rush? We should have started blitzing. We had Longview and let that championship get away from us.

exactly my point!!!!

On 12/23/2018 at 0:07 AM, Uncle Pig said:

Well you obviously know absolutely nothing about the work and time that each and every coach at Westbrook has put in to get the Bruins to this point. The only way the WB defensive coordinator is leaving is if he gets a head coaching job, and seeing what WB has accomplished this season I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he gets some offers to be a head coach somewhere 

I completely agree with you Uncle Pig.  Anybody saying there was a defensive coaching problem knows very little about football.  During the playoff run the DC made so many great adjustments.  Longview was a matchup nightmare for any DC coordinator (3 WR speed threats that could fly, a dual threat QB, and a powerful super fast or power running game with a great offensive line).  The DC made adjustment after adjustment but could’t matchup (like the 15 other Longview opponents this year).  Great season for The Brook! 

6 hours ago, 82Champs said:

I completely agree with you Uncle Pig.  Anybody saying there was a defensive coaching problem knows very little about football.  During the playoff run the DC made so many great adjustments.  Longview was a matchup nightmare for any DC coordinator (3 WR speed threats that could fly, a dual threat QB, and a powerful super fast or power running game with a great offensive line).  The DC made adjustment after adjustment but could’t matchup (like the 15 other Longview opponents this year).  Great season for The Brook! 

BISD has a lot of bad coaching but it’s not on Phelan Dr. WB did not lose that game because of coaching. Please tell me who you are going to realistically find out there who is an upgrade at DC over Harper? 

Every time a team loses, it's natural for fans of that team to blame someone, whether it's coaching, players, refs, field conditions, or whatever. LV made the big plays when it counted and WB didn't. I'm very proud to be a WB graduate and former player. WB got lucky in the playoffs. For anyone to say they thought the Bruins would be in title game is lying. They escape at least 3 playoff games that I know of to get to the finals. The difference was the WB kids made the big plays when it mattered and pulled it out. Hats off to both teams for a very intertaining game.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:49 AM, 82Champs said:

Wrong no pressure or sacks on the QB.  Should have played press coverage on the WR! 

On 12/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, oldman said:

Great season for Westbrook.   Great job by the staff.   

If I remember correctly.... earlier this season Bruin faithful were calling for Peavy’s head.

Shows what they know!!!!!!

Don't crown him king.Anybody that know anything about this class already knew what it was.Coming out of jr high this was supposed to be the best class wb had in a long time.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:13 PM, bobbymcgee said:

BISD has a lot of bad coaching but it’s not on Phelan Dr. WB did not lose that game because of coaching. Please tell me who you are going to realistically find out there who is an upgrade at DC over Harper? 

Seriously? Sorry but Harper wasn't good at Kountze and Ozen. And he's not good at West Brook. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

You gotta be kidding bro! Play press coverage and the WR has 350 yards receiving! 

Did you even watch the game? All that kid's big plays were made with the coverage backed off him. When they put him in the slot, we covered him man to man with a Safety the was ten to thirteen yards off of him. Smdh...

On 12/26/2018 at 5:26 PM, 2kajun said:

Wrong no pressure or sacks on the QB.  Should have played press coverage on the WR! 

I saw 11 for Longview have a great night against zone coverage against Westbrook. I also saw 11 have great nights against man coverage throughout the year. Slice it anyway you want bro, but 11 was going to get his against man or zone coverage, and if you know the slightest thing about coverages, then you should know that man coverage against a player like 11 is a disaster waiting to happen. 

35 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

I saw 11 for Longview have a great night against zone coverage against Westbrook. I also saw 11 have great nights against man coverage throughout the year. Slice it anyway you want bro, but 11 was going to get his against man or zone coverage, and if you know the slightest thing about coverages, then you should know that man coverage against a player like 11 is a disaster waiting to happen. 

You put your best players on 11 since he that good.You have players on offense that can play defense if you want to win

17 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Did you even watch the game? All that kid's big plays were made with the coverage backed off him. When they put him in the slot, we covered him man to man with a Safety the was ten to thirteen yards off of him. Smdh...

They played back because the only one in that secondary run under a 5.0 in the 40 is num 1