Longview 35 Beaumont West Brook 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

31 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Nah, Peevey has earned his job and a raise. I just want him to upgrade his defensive coaching staff. With what the Bruins have in the pipeline this could be the start of some consistent runs to the state championship. 

EXACTLY. GET SOME COACHES ON THAT DEFENSIVE SIDE AND YOU COULD BE ON THE BRINK OF SOMETHING SPEICAL

I just absolutely hate when you get to see players like #66 (Lobos Center). That is an embarrassment to their entire program....and I can assure you, he didnt just start that today. Anyone who watched knows exactly what I'm talking about.  Anyway, Great job WB!  You made our area proud!!

13 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

I just absolutely hate when you get to see players like #66 (Lobos Center). That is an embarrassment to their entire program....and I can assure you, he didnt just start that today. Anyone who watched knows exactly what I'm talking about.  Anyway, Great job WB!  You made our area proud!!

What did he do?

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

EXACTLY. GET SOME COACHES ON THAT DEFENSIVE SIDE AND YOU COULD BE ON THE BRINK OF SOMETHING SPEICAL

How in the holy crap could you question the coaching!!! That is completely absurd man! Those 2 teams laid it all on the line and battled the hell out of each other...to even mention ANYTHING about poor coaching is plain stupid. Longview is a great offensive team. They have made many defenses look bad. A few bounces here and there and were talking about a Westbrook state championship team. Great job Coach Peevey and staff. Y’all coached your tails off and you should be very proud of your kids. 

West Brook players and fans. 19 years ago I watched my Indians lose a somewhat close game in the Astrodome. I understand how you guys must feel. Let me say this to you..... West brook showed the state that they are capable of standing toe to toe with the best in the state. You guys should be as proud as a peacock of these boys, coaches, and the school. They have done something remarkable and unthinkable just a few weeks ago. I am very proud to have had your school, students, coaches, and city represent our area of Texas. thank you for the great run and for the opportunity to watch some very special football out of Beaumont. Maybe the old Beaumont being the football capital is back for a nice run of long playoff runs. Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

How in the holy crap could you question the coaching!!! That is completely absurd man! Those 2 teams laid it all on the line and battled the hell out of each other...to even mention ANYTHING about poor coaching is plain stupid. Longview is a great offensive team. They have made many defenses look bad. A few bounces here and there and were talking about a Westbrook state championship team. Great job Coach Peevey and staff. Y’all coached your tails off and you should be very proud of your kids. 

I Stand by what I said,.

No reason WB shouldnt be holding that trophy, that defense has been a problem all season

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

I Stand by what I said,.

No reason WB shouldnt be holding that trophy, that defense has been a problem all season

Well you obviously know absolutely nothing about the work and time that each and every coach at Westbrook has put in to get the Bruins to this point. The only way the WB defensive coordinator is leaving is if he gets a head coaching job, and seeing what WB has accomplished this season I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he gets some offers to be a head coach somewhere 

21 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Well you obviously know absolutely nothing about the work and time that each and every coach at Westbrook has put in to get the Bruins to this point. The only way the WB defensive coordinator is leaving is if he gets a head coaching job, and seeing what WB has accomplished this season I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he gets some offers to be a head coach somewhere 

You have no idea what I know but o well agree to disagree. If he does Goodluck to him, I just said what I seen, and that was a defense with problems and Ive been saying it since the preseason

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

You have no idea what I know but o well agree to disagree. If he does Goodluck to him, I just said what I seen, and that was a defense with problems and Ive been saying it since the preseason

Answer me this; with the problems you saw in the preseason did you think that at any point the Bruins had a chance to win(and very well could’ve won) the state title?? You and I both know the answer to that question. Bro I think you can agree in that the Bruins had one helluva run and were a play away from being state champs. You’re ignorant statements regarding the WB defensive staff are just that...ignorant. Be proud of them and pat them on the back when you see them. They sure as hell gave the greater golden triangle one helluva a ride. I know I’m damn sure proud of Coach Peevey, his staff, and all of his players. Those guys busted their asses and deserve ALL of our respect and praises. JMO

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

Answer me this; with the problems you saw in the preseason did you think that at any point the Bruins had a chance to win(and very well could’ve won) the state title?? You and I both know the answer to that question. Bro I think you can agree in that the Bruins had one helluva run and were a play away from being state champs. You’re ignorant statements regarding the WB defensive staff are just that...ignorant. Be proud of them and pat them on the back when you see them. They sure as hell gave the greater golden triangle one helluva a ride. I know I’m damn sure proud of Coach Peevey, his staff, and all of his players. Those guys busted their asses and deserve ALL of our respect and praises. JMO

where in what I said did I say I was going to bash them when I seen them?? I just simply stated the scheme the defensive staff has has holes and creates problems. Ill be the first to congratulate all the players. I was just stating an opinion. But your absolutely right they deserve the upmost respect, cause if it was easy everyone would be a champion

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

where in what I said did I say I was going to bash them when I seen them?? I just simply stated the scheme the defensive staff has has holes and creates problems. Ill be the first to congratulate all the players. I was just stating an opinion. But your absolutely right they deserve the upmost respect, cause if it was easy everyone would be a champion

Bro I never said you implicated you were going to bash anyone, and you’re certainly right in the fact that there were holes in their defensive scheme; Longview had numerous holes in their defensive scheme as well. That being said, Longview won the coin toss so it was a given they were going to win the game...all 12 teams that won the coin toss won their respective state championship game. Is that not the craziest stat ever!! Crazy ass stats for hands down the greatest weekend of championship games ever played! IMO. Man what a weekend of football!

10 hours ago, D3zii said:

Even with the Loss this was great for the players of Westbrook,

A few players will receive some college offers off this game alone, the Exposure is excellent 

hopefully this lets college coaches know Talent is heavy in Beaumont, as well as SETX

I promise you college coaches know all about Beaumont; tons of pro athletes(NFL players in particular) from in and around big Beaumont area!

9 hours ago, D3zii said:

I Stand by what I said,.

No sacks no pressure on the QB that's why the secondary got torch!   They did not bilts one time!   Adjustment the coaches did not make them he prepared for the run! 

13 hours ago, ace2335 said:

#3 and #6 played awful games

Aw man, calling out kids? It was a team lost. Players made mistakes the whole way through. I can’t do this after #3 was instrumental in getting them here vs Tompkins. Enough blame to go around. Coaches never adjusted to help cover those dbacks.  NO pressure on longviews QB.

It’s hard to cover when a qb has time to throw. You gotta realize, these kids were rattled. Opposing coaches, the good ones, will keep chipping away at your weakness. You must adjust.

West Brook staff never adjusted. If your corners are gonna be chasing receivers, pressure the passer.

10 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

One WR had eight catches for two hundred and eighteen yards for Longview. That's how you question the coaching. I mean damn every time number eleven went into the slot they covered him with a safety that was thirteen to fifteen yards off him. Sorry but if that kid is killing you an adjustment has to be made. And why let the Longview QB sit back with just a four man rush? We should have started blitzing. We had Longview and let that championship get away from us.

14 hours ago, D3zii said:

if they're real football players they already know. but I dont fault the kids, The system is a win lose system, and when you dont get pressure and have your DBs playing flat footed and agressive, this is what happens. This falls on the DC, he should have made adjustments

Agreed, but they don’t need some no name getting online, calling them out individually telling them how bad they sucked.