Longview 35 Beaumont West Brook 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Hope they don’t get on here and read that.  

if they're real football players they already know. but I dont fault the kids, The system is a win lose system, and when you dont get pressure and have your DBs playing flat footed and agressive, this is what happens. This falls on the DC, he should have made adjustments

6 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Damn my heart hurts for those boys....2 late ticky tack mistakes. (Botched extra point and fumble) that ending was hard to watch

Yeah fumble was tough, just like one i saw a week ago.  Now that extra point hurt but probably wouldnt have mattered as longview would have kicked their xp instead of that failed pass as well. Congratulations on a great year WB, wish you could have brought it home.

Guys.. it was never gonna happen.  Longview has more students to choose from.  Bigger enrollment always wins.  Oh.. they don’t?  I can’t explain it then.

In all seriousness.. great season Westbrook.  There isn’t a team in the state that wouldn’t take a lead in the title game and take their chances with that.  Nothing to be ashamed of.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Longview QB is legit. 430 yards passing, almost 500 yards total offense by himself. He was the difference.

Kid was good , but WB never got pressure on him, they should have sent some folks in the second half , just can’t let him stand back there and pick you apart. Congrats to WB on a great season , now work on it and get back next year. 

25 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Yeah fumble was tough, just like one i saw a week ago.  Now that extra point hurt but probably wouldnt have mattered as longview would have kicked their xp instead of that failed pass as well. Congratulations on a great year WB, wish you could have brought it home.

Should ve went for two there.   9 point lead wouldn’t have made difference.

43 minutes ago, ST413 said:
15 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Kicked xp would have made it 9 score was 34-26 remember longview got a fg and a td with no xp after that for the win.

I ll take my chance with them making a fg or touchdown to tie it than them botching an xt pt 

22 minutes ago, oldman said:

Great season for Westbrook.   Great job by the staff.   

If I remember correctly.... earlier this season Bruin faithful were calling for Peavy’s head.

Shows what they know!!!!!!

Nah, Peevey has earned his job and a raise. I just want him to upgrade his defensive coaching staff. With what the Bruins have in the pipeline this could be the start of some consistent runs to the state championship.