Saturday State Championship Games

PhatMack19

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Class 6A, Division I State Championship

7:00 pm, Duncanville Panthers (15-0) vs. Galena Park North Shore Mustangs (15-0),  AT&T Stadium, Arlington

Class 6A, Division II State Championship

3:00 pm. Beaumont West Brook Bruins (13-2) vs. Longview Lobos (15-0), AT&T Stadium, Arlington

Class 5A, Division I State Championship

11:00 am - Highland Park Scots (15-0) vs. Alvin Shadow Creek Sharks (15-0), AT&T Stadium, Arlington

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's obvious that Highland Park is trying to win with scheme and coaching. Shadow Creek is trying to win by being more athletic.

Shadow Creek has some size as well.  Their O-line is huge.  They could run the ball and take 3-4 yards a carry and shorten this game.  

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Its amazing.I saw this team 2 years ago and they were one of the most horrible teams I've seen all year that year vs. Silsbee.  I never thought this team would be good enough to go 10-0 and later be playing for a title in 5a.  

They keep talking about having some Manvel kids.  Is that just kids that would have went to Manvel or kids that actually played for state for Manvel last year?

52 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Its amazing.I saw this team 2 years ago and they were one of the most horrible teams I've seen all year that year vs. Silsbee.  I never thought this team would be good enough to go 10-0 and later be playing for a title in 5a.  

Horrible? 2 years ago when they played Silsbee they were nothing but freshmen and sophomores. Last year when they played Silsbee, they had juniors and a few seniors and beat the crap out of Silsbee.