Beaumont West Brook 57 Beaumont United 54/FINAL

WOSgrad

23 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

I didn't know much about Coach Green, but I found this statement from an old article:

"When North Shore (33-3) defeated Fort Bend Bush 60-58 in the Region III final Saturday, it was Green's fourth regional title with his fourth team. He also won titles with 3A Kountze in 1997, 4A Beaumont Central in 1999 and 5A Hightower in 2011. "

Pretty impressive pedigree.

Someone needs to see this...

You have combine Ozen and Central let's give the kids and coaches time, lol this is not AAU  or Summer basketball. As I remember Silsbee and Memorial are the only teams to have go to State and won in the last 20 years and Memorial coach came from Green and Green started at Silsbee . West Brook played up like the6 would against Ozen and Central. Green has sets for offense and a defenses system the kids will get it down but I do understand I'm   UNDERSTAND when a team lose the coach can't coach and when they win he has great players.

45 minutes ago, understand said:

You have combine Ozen and Central let's give the kids and coaches time, lol this is not AAU  or Summer basketball. As I remember Silsbee and Memorial are the only teams to have go to State and won in the last 20 years and Memorial coach came from Green and Green started at Silsbee . West Brook played up like the6 would against Ozen and Central. Green has sets for offense and a defenses system the kids will get it down but I do understand I'm   UNDERSTAND when a team lose the coach can't coach and when they win he has great players.

Well stated.

1 hour ago, understand said:

Preach, preach, preach!

I'm not going to take away anything from Green, he's obviously has had a ton of success. I'm just saying the game of basketball now is far different than it was 10 years ago. I'm sure this team will be much much better when Dotson comes back, but they should be rolling teams right now as is. From what I've seen, you can't beat great teams with a good press and a stagnant offense, just doesn't work. I do know that he doesn't like shooting the 3 much. Just doesn't seem like hes adapted to the style of play of today.

20 hours ago, understand said:

You're right this isn't summer basketball. Competition is alot different in AAU, with unfortunately alot less organization and structure.