Beaumont West Brook 57 Beaumont United 54/FINAL

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Bro I know you are going to give is a detailed breakdown of the 4th quarter when you get time...smh.  I wasn't able to make it.

I don’t think there is enough characters for me to write what I have to say but I will try . I will say great game by the Bruins and the coaching staff,those guys just get it done. 

25 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I know a guy who would’ve been perfect for United not only would he have them in their right positions but he made great in-game adjustments too!!!!!!  to bad he coaches in Temple !!! 

Hand to God, heard the same exact statement made tonight talking to a coach after another game, in another county.  

Start coaching to win instead coaching not lose , United was up 11 pts at the start of the 4th qtr. You have a division 1 guard no way in hell you lose that type of lead. Do you think if Boutte has what United has he would struggle hell no!!!!!! If ppl do not see the glaring problems then you don’t know the game, it’s the same things every game so it can’t  be learning experience. Players have to be taught how to play especially this group of kids. You just can’t roll them out there with no offensive sets and the same predictable defense and think your giving your team a chance to win. It’s kids out there who trust what the coaches are telling so that means they haven’t bought in. Everybody ain’t Silsbee you can’t  just out hoop everybody. They might finish 3rd im district but y’all think that’s acceptable because it’s just learning experiences that’s the exact mindset those kids don’t need stop giving out participation trophies nobody wants that stuff. 

And FYI, Bou has NOT won a title on the state's largest classification.  Green has.  This is 6a ball and this team is pretty darn good.  There is old school coaching here now, whereas there wasn't from the old Ozen and Central.  But the kids will get used to it.  Hell, the Silsbee kids adjusted with Sig and it paid off, obviously.  

I just think its too darn early to be having mantrums.  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And FYI, Bou has NOT won a title on the state's largest classification.  Green has.  This is 6a ball and this team is pretty darn good.  There is old school coaching here now, whereas there wasn't from the old Ozen and Central.  But the kids will get used to it.  Hell, the Silsbee kids adjusted with Sig and it paid off, obviously.  

I just think its too darn early to be having mantrums.  

Man.....where do I begin lol

First off, there have been coaches that win state championships from being given a bunch of talent, and there are coaches that develop maybe less talented players into a system and execute to perfection.

Green has got to go. Period. You’re telling me a guy that’s won a state championship doesn’t know how to attack the gaps on a zone defense? Kasen is gonna have to Coach this offense himself, it’s horrible. The backside lob was there all night he could’ve put Baker there in the corner and had himself a field day. They switched to a box and 1 and United doesn’t have shooters in. So much wrong with this game makes me really question his knowledge of the game. He may be a good in other areas, but Xs and Os he’s not. Why do you have 15 different plays in high school LOL and can’t execute one of them? This team is top to bottom talent wise the best team I’ve ever seen put together. I just don’t feel like Green was the answer. Nothing at all against him as a person but as a basketball coach I’m not impressed at all.

Boutte is the best coach in the area. Followed by Southerland and then English. Green ain’t even in the top 20. All this yelling and cussing at these kids with no solutions and got them standing around on offense holding the ball to try not to lose. Embarrassing. 

Not taking anything away from Coach Boute.  He's a great coach, no doubt.  I'm not totally sure how many state championships he has; I'm thinking it is one, with Ozen.   That team had one distinct advantage, they had a 6'10" 260 lb man child named Kendrick Perkins.  No other team in 4A, now 5A, had a player anywhere close to that size.  Lincoln had Bosh, but I am not sure he was around the year Open won state.  

As for the coaching selection and hiring of coach Green, that's a done deal.  I am sure they did their due diligence and they came up with the best coach for the job.  Hindsight is always better than foresight.  

One of the coach's biggest problems is he has to deal with this message board, because it gives voice to all the negative armchair ADs and coaches in the 409 area.  He didn't have that problem at his previous job.

9 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Not taking anything away from Coach Boute.  He's a great coach, no doubt.  I'm not totally sure how many state championships he has; I'm thinking it is one, with Ozen.   That team had one distinct advantage, they had a 6'10" 260 lb man child named Kendrick Perkins.  No other team in 4A, now 5A, had a player anywhere close to that size.  Lincoln had Bosh, but I am not sure he was around the year Open won state.  

As for the coaching selection and hiring of coach Green, that's a done deal.  I am sure they did their due diligence and they came up with the best coach for the job.  Hindsight is always better than foresight.  

One of the coach's biggest problems is he has to deal with this message board, because it gives voice to all the negative armchair ADs and coaches in the 409 area.  He didn't have that problem at his previous job.

Yes Linclon beat Ozen Perkins junior year at Ozen by like 10. Perkins vs Bosh High school game is kn YouTube. 

13 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Well, most of the United kids, pretty much every Junior on that team I’ve helped develop since the summer of their 6th grade year and I can tell you from experience a simple modern system and utilizing their strengths brought us a ton of success. I’ve prided myself on doing that so that when they get to a more structured game(high school) they’ll be equipped with the fundamentals of the game. It’s an easy game. It’s just frustrating when you have a coach not willing to evolve to the era. Boutte has. It’s not just coming from me either, the kids see it too.

I didn't know much about Coach Green, but I found this statement from an old article:

"When North Shore (33-3) defeated Fort Bend Bush 60-58 in the Region III final Saturday, it was Green's fourth regional title with his fourth team. He also won titles with 3A Kountze in 1997, 4A Beaumont Central in 1999 and 5A Hightower in 2011. "

Pretty impressive pedigree.

7 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

I didn't know much about Coach Green, but I found this statement from an old article:

"When North Shore (33-3) defeated Fort Bend Bush 60-58 in the Region III final Saturday, it was Green's fourth regional title with his fourth team. He also won titles with 3A Kountze in 1997, 4A Beaumont Central in 1999 and 5A Hightower in 2011. "

Pretty impressive pedigree.

Indeed.