Friday State Championship Games

PhatMack19

Congrats to Cuero. After watching this game I would have liked Silsbee's chances against PG. In the second half Cuero wore down the PG defense by running the ball up the middle and that is Silsbee's specialty. Our defense has played against the slot-t/wing-t all year. We can play the what if game but what if Silsbee does not fumble on our last drive. 

20 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Congrats to Cuer After watching this game I would have liked Silsbee's chances against PG. In the second half Cuero wore down the PG defense by running the ball up the middle and that is Silsbee's specialty. Our defense has played against the slot-t/wing-t all year. We can play the what if game but what if Silsbee does not fumble on our last drive. 

Plus, you needed some rainy weather with temps in the 40’s and winds blowing 20 mph. Lol, it sure enough worked for yall against us.

12 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Quit making excuse. It would not have mattered what, y'all was not beating Silsbee that night. 

That's true yall beat wos fair and square. So when u guys lost to cuero fair and square y  was it all the crying about cureo defense trying to make the offense jump. No excuses right?

11 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

That's true yall beat wos fair and square. So when u guys lost to cuero fair and square y  was it all the crying about cureo defense trying to make the offense jump. No excuses right?

Right, no excuses. After we knocked WOS out of the playoffs again all that was heard was "oh if it wasn't raining, oh if it wasn't so cold". Excuses! When we lost to Cuero you didn't hear excuses why we lost. You did hear reasons why our oline would get called for false starts. 

4 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Right, no excuses. After we knocked WOS out of the playoffs again all that was heard was "oh if it wasn't raining, oh if it wasn't so cold". Excuses! When we lost to Cuero you didn't hear excuses why we lost. You did hear reasons why our oline would get called for false starts. 

Not me.  the way I see it, Rain was on both ends of the fields that night. 

6 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

That's  on the coach silent count or change the snapped count. that's been going on for years.

13 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Could be that La Vega is familiar with defending the Slot T while Carthage was not. LH and LV were in same district for a while. 

I understand that, but i haven’t been that impressed today.  Carthage has dudes all over the field that should be able to stop that.  

It does seem to be making a comeback some lately.  Vidor might be a hot ticket for some preseason matchups just so some of these teams can see that style.