Mid Season SETX Top 10

I witnessed the absolute crushing of Lumberton personally, this past Friday. As a father, it was difficult watching one's daughter get thrown in harm's way like that, but I admire the way she and the Lumberton young ladies competed as hard as they could against that Juggernaut, lol.  No doubt HJ is really good, as is United, there is only one way to semi-accurately gauge who is the best, a head to head match-up. Does not look like that was in the cards, for whatever the reason....

As I said earlier in the post, if all goes as I am seeing listed in Barbers Hill tournament Pool and Bracket play, United will get its chance to show where they are,for people with questions on them, with a likely bracket matchup with (#1) 5A Fort Bend Hightower on Friday, assuming both teams win their selective pool play games

I have watched a number of the young ladies on both of these programs over the years, as my daughter has either played with them in AAU, played against them, or worked out with them the last five or so years. Great to watch all these talented young ladies grow and improve right before our eyes. Good luck to both both programs as the season progresses. 

5 hours ago, hjhawks said:

Hj has played:

6a #2 jersey village

6a #5 at the time summer creek

5a #22 boswell

atascocita, dobie, and a slew of other high caliber teams.  Have absolutely crushed everyone local...  why would they not?

United has beaten every team they played by at least 15+ that's including district, where they are picked to finish 4th.  Now I'm not familiar with HJ schedule so, I don't know what was the outcome of there loses.

10 hours ago, workbootz said:

I'm still trying to figure out how you keep putting HJ #1 over United.

Well Common opponent is PAM

United vs PAM results were 

66-28, 38 point differential 

45-20, 25 point differential 

HJ vs PAM results were

59-26, 33 point differential

83-44, 39 point differential

So with a common opponent they are pretty equal, I would just side that the strength of schedule for HJ is just tougher. One loss was a close one to a top ranked 6A Jersey Village Team and they defeated a top ranked 6A team as well. Part of it is I am biased towards HJ, because my daughter has grown up playing with them and I’m more familiar with them and I know without a doubt what they are capable of!

On 12/25/2018 at 8:11 PM, workbootz said:

United has beaten every team they played by at least 15+ that's including district, where they are picked to finish 4th.  Now I'm not familiar with HJ schedule so, I don't know what was the outcome of there loses.

I agree, despite us being 19-0, our strength of schedule is relatively weak.  That's why we can't crack the top 25 state poll.  The Livingston tournament needs to be replaced next year with a tougher one.  The tournament this week has some tougher competition so if we can win this one, it will give us a little more weight.  HJ vs United should have been on the schedule this year and every year from here on out, alternating locations...

On 12/25/2018 at 1:07 AM, OneChance said:

HJ vs PAM results were

So with a common opponent they are pretty equal, I would just side that the strength of schedule for HJ is just tougher. One loss was a close one to a top ranked 6A Jersey Village Team and they defeated a top ranked 6A team as well. Part of it is I am biased towards HJ, because my daughter has grown up playing with them and I’m more familiar with them and I know without a doubt what they are capable of!

HJ has also beaten West Brook 77-40, United beat West Brook 58-39.  In fall ball HJ played at Baytown Sterling against every team in United's district except for United of course, and not one team scored over 20 points against them HJ won every game by 40+.  Including a 73-2 win over LaPorte, now yes its fall ball and it wasnt any coaching but that HJ group is solid.  I would LOVE to see an United vs HJ matchup!  It would be a battle between 2 well coached and talented programs.

On 12/25/2018 at 1:07 AM, OneChance said:

HJ vs PAM results were

The above point differentials are somewhat deceiving in that United Coach showed good sportsmanship by using heavy subbing in the last 2 quarters in both games to not  run up the score on PA Memorial. Taking nothing from HJ they are an awesome team. I too would've enjoyed watching these two teams play on a neutral site. jmo...