Mid Season SETX Top 10

It would be great to have this type of warm-up up tournament, but it would require some alignment of the stars to get the coaches to agree to play these games on the cusp of playoffs for most teams.

Of the teams listed, Lumberton is the only team on this list not expected by most prognosticators to be a playoff level team at the time the early pre-district part of the season was going on, but I guess them vs Legacy would be fun for some to watch due to the player "transfers" out of Lumberton to Legacy, and familiarity of the some of the players between the two teams.

Woodville vs Silsbee would be a sweet matchup as well, as was listed above.

4 minutes ago, OneChance said:

What? Umm PNG I would say is least likely according to history, since they don’t know how to spell playoff! When is the last time Lumberton missed the playoffs?

As someone once said, I'm not here to talk about the past..... I was speaking in context of this season only, since that's all that will determine playoffs....

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I agree,  but they did go to another tourney...

I also saw on the tournament schedule my daughter showed me, United will be at the Barbers Hill Tourney over the Christmas break. The list of teams looked to be mostly solid 6A programs as well as some good 5A teams, including Fort Bend Hightower, who was listed as 20-0 and the (#2) 5A school in the state, on Max Preps.

3 hours ago, OneChance said:

Who do you guys have?

1. HJ

2. United

3. Woodville

4. Silsbee

5. Barbers Hill

6. PAM

7. Orangefield

8. Jasper

9. Legacy

10. Lumberton or Bridge City

Base off potential and  you knowing what 1 of the 5 best players in setx could do I can see why you have pam @6. But if I'm to be honest they haven't done anything to date to deserve to be this high in anyone's rankings.

55 minutes ago, Mean Machine said:

I also saw on the tournament schedule my daughter showed me, United will be at the Barbers Hill Tourney over the Christmas break. The list of teams looked to be mostly solid 6A programs as well as some good 5A teams, including Fort Bend Hightower, who was listed as 20-0 and the (#2) 5A school in the state, on Max Preps.

Hightower is TABC#1 in 5A.  Dekaney is down a little this year, but they will be pretty tough.  Morton Ranch is also having a good year.  Tournament should be strong on both the boys and girls sides

7 hours ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

I would love to see a HJ vs United game!  Kirvan would be a problem for HJ but HJ's 1 thru 4 would be a problem for United imo.  They are long and all 4 of them are 3 level scorers ( 3pt, midrange, and driving to the basket).  It would definitely be a fast paced game!

I have to disagree with you on that one United has a freshman that's pretty darn good.  

19 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:
18 hours ago, BH85 said:

Hightower is TABC#1 in 5A.  Dekaney is down a little this year, but they will be pretty tough.  Morton Ranch is also having a good year.  Tournament should be strong on both the boys and girls sides

19 hours ago, Mean Machine said:

I was trying to list the complete list of 24 teams but couldn't get it to upload...

2018 Gulf Coast Classic (Girls Division)
Thursday December 27, 2018
Pool 1 Wins Loses Pool 2 Wins Loses
Alief Taylor     Morton Ranch    
Port Art. Memorial     GCM    
Dobie     Grand Oaks    

Time Home Team   Visiting Team Gym Time Home Team   Visiting Team Gym
10:30 Alief Taylor vs. Port Art. Memorial MSN2 10:30 Morton Ranch vs. GCM Comp
3:00 Dobie vs. Alief Taylor Aux. 3:00 Grand Oaks vs. Morton Ranch F.H.
7:30 Port Art. Memorial vs. Dobie MSN2 7:30 GCM vs. Grand Oaks MSN1

Pool 3 Wins Loses Pool 4 Wins Loses
College Park     Hightower    
Lumberton     Sterling    
Clear Brook     FB Dulles    

10:30 College Park vs. Lumberton Aux. 10:30 Hightower vs. Sterling MSN1
3:00 Clear Brook vs. College Park Comp. 3:00 FB Dulles vs. Hightower MSN1
6:00 Lumberton vs. Clear Brook MSN2 6:00 Sterling vs. FB Dulles MSS

Pool 5 Wins Loses Pool 6 Wins Loses
Furr     Travis    
Barbers Hill     Humble    
Con. Lutheran     Westbrook    

12:00 Furr vs. Barbers Hill F.H. 12:00 Travis vs. Humble Aux.
3:00 Con. Lutheran vs. Furr MSN2 3:00 Westbrook vs. Travis MSS
7:30 Barbers Hill vs. Con. Lutheran F.H. 7:30 Humble vs. Westbrook MSS

Pool 7 Wins Loses Pool 8 Wins Loses
Dekaney     United    
FB Elkins     FB Kempner    
Legacy     Lamar    

12:00 Dekaney vs. FB Elkins MSS 12:00 United vs. FB Kempner MSN2
4:30 Legacy vs. Dekaney MSS 4:30 Lamar vs. United Aux.
7:30 FB Elkins vs. Legacy Comp 7:30 FB Kempner vs. Lamar Aux.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:50 AM, OneChance said:

This was Vypes last Top 10 on Dec 4

1. Hardin-Jefferson (10-2) - Last Week #1
  2. United (9-0) - Last Week #3
  3. Woodville (13-1) - Last Week #2
  4. Silsbee (3-2) - Last Week #4
  5. Barbers Hill (8-6) - Last Week #5
  6. Jasper (12-2) - Last Week #7
  7. Hamshire-Fannett (10-3) - Last Week #8
  8. Orangefield (8-4) - Last Week #9
  9. Bridge City (12-4) - Last Week NR
  10. Buna (7-3) - Last Week #6

Hasn't Vidor beaten a few of the teams on this list? 

Per Max Preps this is what I saw:

Lost to HJ, 1-1 vs Orangefield (lost at Lumberton Tourney, won at OField great shooting night), Lost to BH in Lumberton Tourney, Lost twice to Bridge City in what appears to be close games. They also played Westbrook close two times in losing efforts, lost to Silsbee on par with what 22-4a district teams, except for Bridge City, have lost to Silsbee by. Their record is listed at 12-12 overall, 2-1 in district, again per Max Preps site.

I watched a number of their games at the Lumberton tourney, and will say they are an extremely hard working team whose players do not take a play off, effort wise, especially on the defensive end of the court. You may beat them, but you are going to earn it physically.

1. HJ (15-3)

2. United (19-0)

3. Woodville (17-1)

4. Silsbee (13-2)

5. Barbers Hill 

6. PAM

7. Orangefield

8. Jasper (17-2)

9. Legacy

10. Lumberton (9-12)

10. Bridge City 

Mentioned

PNG (12-6)

Buna

Huntington

If I didn’t put their records it’s because I couldn’t find updated total game record for them.

Still think you are off with Lumberton at this point, One Chance.

"Team First" posted "BC is now 15-5" in a post last night in terms of their overall record, and at this point they are 2-1 in district vs 2-2 for Lumberton.  That would seem to grade them higher.

Also, PNG is a more veteran team in a larger district with experienced upper classmen skilled guards, with a better record. Also they defeated Lumberton at the Reservation when they played earlier this month. Again, that would seem to grade them higher as well. Turn that spotlight back towards Mid-County, lol.

One last point is I'm sure there are people out there that don't use your metric of "quality losses" when they factor in rankings either, as is what you may be doing in terms of Lumberton's current record. It is nice to debate though.....

HJ (15-3)

2. United (19-0)

3. Woodville (17-1)

4. Silsbee (13-2)

5. Barbers Hill (9-9)

6. PAM (7-8)

7. Orangefield (16-5)

8. Jasper (17-2)

9. Legacy

10. Lumberton (9-12)

10. Bridge City (15-5)

Mentioned

PNG (12-6)

Buna

Huntington

If I didn’t put their records it’s because I couldn’t find updated total game record for them.

It to me is just looking at quality of teams you have played, some of the common opponents and how each of the teams faired against them. PNG had a horrible showing up in Tyler tournament and if you look at some of the wins on the season, they are not very good wins. With a huge piece of our puzzle out with an ACL, that puts us behind and are going to have a hard time duplicating what she brought.