3. Woodville

4. Silsbee

5. Barbers Hill

6. PAM

7. Orangefield

8. Jasper

9. Legacy

10. Lumberton or Bridge City

Curious to see why you put PAM at #6 - 1-2 since Dec 4th.  other than that list looks pretty good.  If Huntington is considered SETX then they should be in this top 10.  Only losses they have have been to ranked team and they have a win over Woodville.    

Can't disagree with 1-9, United and HJ can be argued either way I would imagine. BC played Silsbee closer than any of the other district losers against Silsbee so far, and they have a nicer over all record, would have to say they rank higher than Lumberton based on that. I have not seen Buna play personally this year, but know they are a solid squad as well, based on conversations I've had with people that have seen them play. PNG also would place above Lumberton, imo.

Most teams on the list you created have rosters with lots of returning players on it, and therefore player continuity working for them , Lumberton has a roster with more freshmen and sophomores than any of the other teams that have to play main minutes, I believe. I believe Buna is playing a freshman guard a lot of minutes as well. Gonna take your lumps against upper classmen comprised teams, such as Orangefield, PNG, Woodville, etc.

Nice topic to stir up different opinions though....

4 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I wish we could see 1 and 2 match up, I just feel like HJ beats United in a close one if they played.

Dunno.  Those Freshman for United can go and the tall post, Kirvin haven't been checked yet...  

But I'm with you.  Wish they could've squared off.  Would've been a good one...

10 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

Curious to see why you put PAM at #6 - 1-2 since Dec 4th.  other than that list looks pretty good.  If Huntington is considered SETX then they should be in this top 10.  Only losses they have have been to ranked team and they have a win over Woodville.    

PAM played BH tough Tuesday so I threw them in there. Huntington is a solid Top team, just not normally thrown in SETX conversation.

7 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

HJ vs United

Jasper vs BH 

Woodville vs PNG 

Orangefield vs PAM

Lumberton vs Legacy --  that one would be really interesting...

Would be some great match-ups.!

Agreed, would be quite a One Day Holiday Classic Tournament Lineup for this year, lol. Think there would be a nice level of "saltiness" in all the games, building up to the HJ vs United Primetime Game.