NEWTON 21 CANADIAN 16/FINAL/NEWTON EAGLES - BACK TO BACK CLASS 3A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, fox said:

as good as everybody made newton out to be that game was a lot closer than i expected.

did newton have a bad game?

They clearly were missing Brown in the passing game. Canadian stacked the line and Newton couldn’t complete any passes. With Brown this game would not have been close. 

Also, don’t forget that he’s a very good pass defender as well. 

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

They clearly were missing Brown in the passing game. Canadian stacked the line and Newton couldn’t complete any passes. With Brown this game would not have been close. 

Your right, Brown would have opened the game up. Canadian plays good football and is well coached.

15 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

why didn't brown play? was he hurt?

First, congrats to the NEWTON EAGLES for bringing another title back to SETX. My wife and I made a trip up to the panhandle a couple of years ago and I made it a point to pass through Canadian; I had seen them play football a couple of years in the state championship. I think the town was built around their stadium...excellent facilities. I've been told by their fans that they draw kids from all over the area, including Oklahoma, to play football there. Very well coached, quality program. I thought this game would be close for that reason. But, I also knew Newton was the real deal after I saw them handle Gilmer this year. Again congratulations to the Eagles and I wish I could have been there this year to see the repeat.

Here’s my two cents, and since I’m no psychologist, that’s all it’s worth.  Newton wasn’t Newton in the last two games.  Yes, Browns physical absence hurt some, but imo, there was more to it than that.  EB had lost to two 3A teams.  Canadian had to come from behind to defeat District foe Childress, who got donkey stomped in second round of playoffs.  Neither of them played anyone near Silsbee, WOS, or Dangerfield’s caliber.  I have to think think there was some emotional problem, perhaps associated with Brown, or maybe something else.  They should’ve won those last two easily.  Point is, Newton didn’t Newton.

Still won though.  That’s the main thing.  Doc Hagar out.

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

There was an earlier discussion about newton being able to win state game in larger classes 

Silsbee was one game away from playing in a state chmpionship game. Newton basically curb stomped Silsbee. But, I really don't care to discuss putting Newton in 4A or 5A. Only take one year for everyone to complain about how unfair it was. I'm content with a 4A D2 State Championship.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

CUREO OVER PLEASANT GROVE 30 21 LIBERTY HILL OVER LA VEGA 28 17 FORT BEND MARSHALL OVER ALEDO 35 28 shadow creek 21 highland park 17. STAMP ALL I HAD A VISION AND A NEW CRYSTAL BALL IM BACK BABY!!! 

Man these stamps must be faulty. They keep getting sent back to sender lmao 

On 12/21/2018 at 6:35 PM, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Oh yall like that I'm crashing and burning on predictions. WELL LOOK OUT CHIEF, HERE COMES THE BIG STAMP. Westbrook will have shock the world I have 28 24 the brook. Duncanville will be more physical than the Phillies from Houston 30 23 duncanville. STAMP IT ALL WAY TO VEGAS!!

Vegas must love you, You keep them in business lol that “BIG” stamp still faulty tho.