NEWTON 21 CANADIAN 16/FINAL/NEWTON EAGLES - BACK TO BACK CLASS 3A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

If you stamping this one too then it will go the other way lmao 

Oh yall like that I'm crashing and burning on predictions. WELL LOOK OUT CHIEF, HERE COMES THE BIG STAMP. Westbrook will have shock the world I have 28 24 the brook. Duncanville will be more physical than the Phillies from Houston 30 23 duncanville. STAMP IT ALL WAY TO VEGAS!!

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Most definitely.  Might have had a little water in my eyes listening to that.  Did not know he had been given an amount of time.  Has he said what his illness is or is it being kept private.  I missed some of this.

I am not sure of the specifics, but it is a rare condition that he suffered after his lung transplant.  I wasn't even aware that he had been given an amount of time left.

Congrats on the title, Coach. You remain in our players!

12 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Most definitely.  Might have had a little water in my eyes listening to that.  Did not know he had been given an amount of time.  Has he said what his illness is or is it being kept private.  I missed some of this.

Its double lung transplant. They said exactly during the broadcast but I don't remember

30 minutes ago, ST413 said:

This from 3 years ago.  According to doctors he should have been gone long ago 

This is the hidden content, please

Congrats Eagles!! Showed a lot of heart stepping up with your backs against the wall and coming up with the stop to seal the deal.

I can’t help but think back on that egregious, absolutely mind blowing call on that missed field goal. The ref had a perfect view from back where he was so he has no excuse about impeded view. Wish we could get his take. 

58 minutes ago, HFfan5 said:

Congrats Eagles!! Showed a lot of heart stepping up with your backs against the wall and coming up with the stop to seal the deal.

I can’t help but think back on that egregious, absolutely mind blowing call on that missed field goal. The ref had a perfect view from back where he was so he has no excuse about impeded view. Wish we could get his take. 

I think the Ref stated it incorrectly. Flag was for lining up over the Center on FG. Newton lined up thinking Canadian was going for it, but Canadian ran out FG kicker quickly. Thus Newton was lined up over Center. 

Ref said leverage. 

Otherwise it was a BS call

12 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

What the hell was the ref looking at on the missed FG? That dang near cost Newton a State Championship. What a horrific call.

I am still trying to figure out that call.  I went back on my DVR 17 times to figure it out and there's nothing there.  Also, a bad call was made during the Grandview/Malakoff game late (Defense simulating snap count) - late in a game with marbles on the line - thats not a call you make.  Outside of that, the officiating has been very solid so far in Arlington.