Troop Withdrawl From Syria

rolltides

I'll need to check the secret history books to formulate my answer. Ooops, I don't have access to those.

In all seriousness, I really don't know, and really haven't followed the reasoning for our involvement in Syria. I've heard rhetoric for and against, and frankly don't know who to believe. Maybe someone that has more knowledge of the situation can answer for the Republicans. What are the Democrats thoughts on the issue?

4 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'll need to check the secret history books to formulate my answer. Ooops, I don't have access to those.

In all seriousness, I really don't know, and really haven't followed the reasoning for our involvement in Syria. I've heard rhetoric for and against, and frankly don't know who to believe. Maybe someone that has more knowledge of the situation can answer for the Republicans. What are the Democrats thoughts on the issue?

They are waiting to here the Republican stance so they can form an argument for the opposite.

I personally, am good with it. If you think about the last couple years, ISIS has not been in the news.  It appears that they have actually been "defeated". However, when one Islamic terrorist group falls, another one arises. That will be a revolving door and has been for decades. I am sure Democrats will find a way to tie it to Russia and make it into a conspiracy. "Well Trump left Syria because Russia wanted him to"....Hard to imagine something being negative about thousands of US troops getting to come home. Mission Accomplished.

Anytime American troops are withdrawn from a military theater in the Middle East, all hell breaks loose. We should issue rifles to all Syrians and tell them good luck simply because they hate each other.

The only thing I can see strategically in Syria is its closeness to Israel. Even though Iran claims they can hit Israel with their missiles, closer is always better. I truly don't understand Russia's involvement. That region of the world is so screwed up.

While watching this announcement on CBS News this afternoon, they came up with all kinds of needs to keep our troops there.  There’s no doubt in my mind if Trump wanted to place several thousand troops in Whereverstan, that same network would decry the move, and question why Trump would want to get involved.  I’d thought the Dems would’ve been happy since they’re so anti-military.  Conclusion - if Trump came up with a plan for World Peace, The Dems would be urinated off.  School ground politics at its finest.

Btw, I’ll admit I have no idea if doing it is right or wrong.  As baddog says, that region is so screwed up, who knows?

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

While watching this announcement on CBS News this afternoon, they came up with all kinds of needs to keep our troops there.  There’s no doubt in my mind if Trump wanted to place several thousand troops in Whereverstan, that same network would decry the move, and question why Trump would want to get involved.  I’d thought the Dems would’ve been happy since they’re so anti-military.  Conclusion - if Trump came up with a plan for World Peace, The Dems would be urinated off.  School ground politics at its finest.

Btw, I’ll admit I have no idea if doing it is right or wrong.  As baddog says, that region is so screwed up, who knows?

Absolutely right, the Dem's platform is "We Hate Trump"!

That's it, nothing else.

By the way, the same clowns loved him when he wasn't President.

17 hours ago, Englebert said:

Their "thoughts" are 180 degrees opposite of whatever the Republican position is.

1 hour ago, Ty Cobb said:

Serious question, can anyone tell me why we had troops in Syria in the first place?  What was the reasoning for our troops in Syria?

I think it was to help the Kurds take on the Assad regime. You know, the guy who gases his own people? He is a real pip just like Sadaam Insane. It was also to take on isis being that their HQs was located there. Still don't understand Russia's involvement except to always be a thorn in our side.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I think it was to help the Kurds take on the Assad regime. You know, the guy who gases his own people? He is a real pip just like Sadaam Insane. It was also to take on isis being that their HQs was located there. Still don't understand Russia's involvement except to always be a thorn in our side.

So that have a lot in common with the Democrats. :) 

On 12/19/2018 at 4:20 PM, baddog said:

Anytime American troops are withdrawn from a military theater in the Middle East, all hell breaks loose. We should issue rifles to all Syrians and tell them good luck simply because they hate each other.

The only thing I can see strategically in Syria is its closeness to Israel. Even though Iran claims they can hit Israel with their missiles, closer is always better. I truly don't understand Russia's involvement. That region of the world is so screwed up.

Puttin is now in charge of the end game in Syria. Putin plan is to essentially restore its ally Bashar-Assad to power. It has quickly become a reality that the rest of the world will now have to accept. America will not be safe with Putins ambitions in the Middle East.

Chinas illegal annexation in the South Sea is another act of territorial aggression every bit as outrageous as the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Beijing has constructed a series of military bases on man-made islands that will allow it to dominate strategically vital waterway that is transmitted by a third of the world's  maritime traffic.

9 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Russia has always been our biggest threat. Lil guys here and there pop up. But Russia isn't going away

Trump  is playing right into Putin's hands. Trump decision that the U.S military would pull out of Syria because ISIS has been eradicated is simply questionable. Mattis and Lindsey Graham both disagreed with Trumps decision. Lindsey Graham derided Trumps decision to withdraw, likening it to those made by Obama when he reduced forces in Iraq. Who will be the next Secretary of Defense now that Mattis has resigned. The wall is the least of our problems.  We are in desperate need of a Mattis who is and was the best at keeping America safe. Trump needs to stop trusting his gut and allow the people he appointed to  do the job. Military leaders have spoken of the need for Military troops to remain in the eastern part of the country.