Nederland 52 Vidor 43/FINAL

WOSgrad

27 minutes ago, bballfan342 said:

You saw one BC game all year and it was at the two time defending state champions place? Great way to judge a team. 

Yea, I thought about this too.  But I've also seen Silsbee quite a few times.  I also know what causes Silsbee problems.  Bridge City don't posess anything that could cause Silsbee or any good teams issues.  It starts off at the guards.  You have kids that don't dribble well, that don't finish at the cup in traffic and you have shooters that's scared to shoot.  I'm not saying BC would've won,  it if BC possessed these traits, it would've been a loooot closer...

5 hours ago, bballfan342 said:

You saw one BC game all year and it was at the two time defending state champions place? Great way to judge a team. 

I have to say watching last nights game I had the same thoughts.  But I know Nederland doesn’t apply pressure the same way we do,  and that was the main thing that gave BC fits, turnovers and very few shots where there wasn’t a hand in their face. 

7 hours ago, stevenash said:

I heard that in the Nederland-BC game, BC made an extremely high percentage of threes.

Very true.  And the whole team played well.  Nederland, other than Hefner, looked very flat that night.  There was one other player on the team, don’t know his name, who I would say played at or above average.  And let’s not forget McMorris was still playing football who is a pretty key piece for the Bulldogs.   Add some “favorable” officiating and it was a perfect storm.  

I was chastised that night for not giving BC enough credit.  And to be sure, they played very well and deserved that win.  But if anyone thinks if those two teams played 100 times and Nederland’s wins don’t start with a 9 in that hypothetical, they are fooling themselves.  

13 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, I thought about this too.  But I've also seen Silsbee quite a few times.  I also know what causes Silsbee problems.  Bridge City don't posess anything that could cause Silsbee or any good teams issues.  It starts off at the guards.  You have kids that don't dribble well, that don't finish at the cup in traffic and you have shooters that's scared to shoot.  I'm not saying BC would've won,  it if BC possessed these traits, it would've been a loooot closer...

I can sum it up for you. Texas Southern won at Oregon and at Baylor, yet they can’t beat Lamar. It’s all about matchups and sometimes a team is an off night and the other team is on Fire.