Buna 83 Kountze 42/FINAL

WOSgrad

19 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

EC is the clear #1 

Orangefield and Buna are #2 and #3

Hardin/Kountze for 4th 

Hardin had a good run through their junior high and little dribblers schedule, but now it’s real basketball! 

EC

Buna

OF

Hardin / Kountze 

Seems like to me Hardin needed that cookie cutter schedule in non-district so they could build some confidence.  Last year Hardin won 8 district games and did NOT make the playoffs (Lost to Kirbyville in play-in game) so I'm not putting a lot of stock in "strength of schedule" for Hardin's case. It may make a difference for EC, as they prepare for tough teams in Region III - going forward into the playoffs. This year, it looks like EC and Coldspring will be a good match in Reg III.  Who else in the region poses a threat to EC ?

18 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

EC

Buna

OF

Hardin / Kountze 

Seems like to me Hardin needed that cookie cutter schedule in non-district so they could build some confidence.  Last year Hardin won 8 district games and did NOT make the playoffs (Lost to Kirbyville in play-in game) so I'm not putting a lot of stock in "strength of schedule" for Hardin's case. It may make a difference for EC, as they prepare for tough teams in Region III - going forward into the playoffs. This year, it looks like EC and Coldspring will be a good match in Reg III.  Who else in the region poses a threat to EC ?

Grandview is very good, returning region champions. 

I don't know anything about Warren or Hardins guards but that will be the key to the 4th spot. Kountze is not the normal Kountze but they still pressure the basketball. For Warren or Hardin to make the playoffs they will have to handle that pressure. I haven't seen either play , Warren beat West Sabine and Hemphill and played Broaddus pretty close. They lost Big to Coldsprings in the championship of an early season tournament. I don't think Hardin has played anyone yet to let them know how good they are. It's hard to go against Kountze considering their past.

Kountze literally has zero returners this year. There were two, but they have not been able to play so far. Every player on varsity was either on JV last year OR in Middle School. Coach Joubert is getting them better each day and getting them ready to compete for a playoff spot and for the future because this is a very young team. 

57 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Kountze literally has zero returners this year. There were two, but they have not been able to play so far. Every player on varsity was either on JV last year OR in Middle School. Coach Joubert is getting them better each day and getting them ready to compete for a playoff spot and for the future because this is a very young team. 

How quickly do you think Coach J will right the ship? It is my understanding that the 8th grade team is way way down as well. What is going on it Kountze?

36 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

How quickly do you think Coach J will right the ship? It is my understanding that the 8th grade team is way way down as well. What is going on it Kountze?

Hard to "right the ship" if the ship is taking on water.  I don't think Kountze has had a very good JH team in a while.  We seem to be seeing that now.

12 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Hard to "right the ship" if the ship is taking on water.  I don't think Kountze has had a very good JH team in a while.  We seem to be seeing that now.

The last two years the 8th grade team went .500   It is tough making those freshmen play varsity. Speed is way different, but it will get them ready faster.

1 hour ago, bradyb said:

The last two years the 8th grade team went .500   It is tough making those freshmen play varsity. Speed is way different, but it will get them ready faster.

I have no doubt that freshmen won't succeed on varsity.  Is .500 the norm for Kountz JH teams?.. because that doesn't seem like the kind of success that'll carry over even when they become upper classmen.