Diboll at SETX #15 Pollock Central

Friday Dec. 21

TABC 6A #23 SETX #4 Beaumont United at SETX #7 Beaumont West Brook

Port Neches-Groves at SETX #9 Nederland

TABC 4A #18 SETX #10 Hardin-Jefferson at Lumberton

TABC 4A #2 SETX #2 Silsbee at West Orange-Stark

SETX #15 Pollock Central at SETX #13 Central Heights

TABC 2A #1 SETX #1 Shelbyville at TABC 2A #4 SETX #4 Woden

Thoughts? If there are any other games of interest, please post.

I will be attending EC/Orangefield game on Tuesday and Shelbyville/Woden game on Friday.

25 minutes ago, oldman said:

How is that?   Just curious.  You have the #10 ranked team vs. the #19 team.   Looking at Maxpreps both have played a very tough schedule.

Two teams match up better imo.  Barbers Hill hasn’t played a team as good as Memorial yet.   Two of their losses were to teams I would think the Titans would be comfortable favorites over (2nd Baptist and Nimitz).   I don’t know anything about the 3rd team they lost to.   Memorial has a massive advantage inside and, to be honest, their guard play is decidedly better.   Could be wrong but those are my thoughts.  But there’s a reason you play the games and the Eagles could surprise me.  

5 minutes ago, oldman said:

Have you seen both teams this year?    I do know that these two teams met in 1st round of playoffs last year.   According to roster BH is loaded with Seniors.   I’m guessing those guys played last year in the playoff game.

I haven’t seen BH since early this year but am familiar with the team.   I’ve seen Memorial a few times.  BH does have a senior laden team which could make up for the talent disparity.   I think Memorial wins by double digits but I’ve been wrong plenty, especially dealing with HS kids.  I just think, to answer your original question, the Ned-Vidor game has the chance to be a good one.  

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I haven’t seen BH since early this year but am familiar with the team.   I’ve seen Memorial a few times.  BH does have a senior laden team which could make up for the talent disparity.   I think Memorial wins by double digits but I’ve been wrong plenty, especially dealing with HS kids.  I just think, to answer your original question, the Ned-Vidor game has the chance to be a good one.  

Fair assessment...  Memorial has a chance to win any game in this District by double digits.

Based in what I have kept up with.  PA and BH  at this moment are the top 2 teams in the District .  Haven’t seen much in Nederland other than what I read on here.   Basically it is PA , BH, Nederland and then the rest of the district.

Dayton is the cellar dweller.   They are beyond bad this year .

22 minutes ago, oldman said:

Fair assessment...  Memorial has a chance to win any game in this District by double digits.

Based in what I have kept up with.  PA and BH  at this moment are the top 2 teams in the District .  Haven’t seen much in Nederland other than what I read on here.   Basically it is PA , BH, Nederland and then the rest of the district.

Dayton is the cellar dweller.   They are beyond bad this year .

I think the BH-Nederland games have the potential to be classics.