Newton

8 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

What a shame. Absolute shame.

This kid is a star. His presence on the field alone makes a difference.  Just throw the football his way and he will make the adjustment to the ball. When he was on the field the other recievers mysteriously played better.  And of course his play as a receiver opened the game up substantially for the running game, which he was a part of as well.  And on defense, it's in your best interest not to throw at him. And he saved many touchdowns with his closing speed. I'm not privy to the problems he was having, but I sure hope he overcomes and it, and it doesn't effect him on the next level. Good Luck to the young man 

I was about to ask if they made two laps around the square like they do for the Christmas Parade.  They did. 

Am I the only wondering why the covered wagon and city backhoe weren't part of that procession?

15 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Yellow dogs to Arlington? Ouch 

Yeah... that was the excuse for coming up short a few years ago.  "Long ride on the yellow dogs on the day of the game."

Good Luck, Eagles....

47 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I was about to ask if they made two laps around the square like they do for the Christmas Parade.  They did. 

Am I the only wondering why the covered wagon and city backhoe weren't part of that procession?

Yeah... that was the excuse for coming up short a few years ago.  "Long ride on the yellow dogs on the day of the game."

Good Luck, Eagles....

Last year I believe they drove to  Enniis, spent the night, then drove on in to Arlington. If so, they will probably do the same this year, So that won't be quite so bad. Besides that it didn't hurt any then.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 8:57 AM, Newtonres75-86 said:

IMO EB was the ultimate sleeper team this year. Nobody saw them coming. When a poll says  95% favored Newton to win that is telling.  EB coaches had an excellent game plan, and their kids played it to perfection. Most of the homers were saying how smart and hardworking they were, and that proved to be right. It would not surprise me that the coaching staff had been working on a game plan for Newton all year it was pretty obvious Newton was the team to beat. Knowledgeable people have said what really hurt Newton was the EB linemen were not taking the bait on pulling guards and tackles. They. Held their positions, made the play thus hampering Newtons running game. (An over simplification) 

By the second half Newton coaches figured it out and began to make adjustments. I've said before, EB had the strangest offensive scheme I have ever seen, and keep in mind it was all new to Newton. The perfect storm you might say.

After all is said and done, Newtons offense came through in the end. Those kids made a final game winning drive that proves what a Silsbee player said of this team in their game. "We held them for 2 quarters, but they just kept coming at us". But I will tell you, I am worried that this team has been hurt in the area where Canadian is the strongest, without Brown.

However I have said all along, the championship is theirs to win , it all depends on how bad they want it. It is up to them.