West Brook vs Longview 6A D2 title game

That average QB is only a junior and already getting DI offers. And will probably be the most football savvy player on the field. 

Now bringing up 81 years of futility doesn't guarantee anything. Longview has come so close so many times. If they win this the will have to earn it. It is one of the games I am most looking forward to along with Cuero/PG

7 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

That average QB is only a junior and already getting DI offers. And will probably be the most football savvy player on the field. 

Now bringing up 81 years of futility doesn't guarantee anything. Longview has come so close so many times. If they win this the will have to earn it. It is one of the games I am most looking forward to along with Cuero/PG

I watched him against Westfield and have not seen him in any other game so I wasn’t trying to be rude towards him. 

22 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

No I understand. But Dad is the coach. Kid has been the ball boy since he was in single digits. He has grown up with it his whole life. Just doesn't make many mistakes. It's going to be a great game!!!

The view is going to be tough. I live In Marshall back in the mid 90s when coach parker was coaching the Mavericks, it was big 5a back then. That was a very physical district back then with Longview in it and this years team looks just as physical. Westbrook will have to match it. 

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

Westbrook is going to have to use there speed, i think Longview will have the more physical team just as Westlake, 

I think longview knows this and will try to grind it away and keep Brook offense off the field 

Longview doesn't have much speed. Saturday night the QB was the holder on a PAT. Kick was blocked. QB ran the returner down from the ground mind you. He didn't tackle him from behind, he passed him and every blocker. Put him on the ground face to face. 

Btw. He runs the anchor on Longviews sprint relay from what I've been told. Lobos can run with anyone. 

That's not taking anything away from Westbrook. I'm an outsider looking in. I hope it's a hell of a game!!!

57 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Westbrook will have several at state track meet

I didn't mean it like that. I know Westbrook will be loaded with talent all over the field. I know nothing about Westbrook and have not seen Longview play. But I know the Loboes are very talented. As always, from my perch in Quanah Texas at the deer lease, I just hope for a great competive game. And this time a Lobo win. 

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I've watched almost all of WB playoff games. It just seems they're destined to win a ring this year. Big play ability and the defense has intensified the last couple of weeks. WB wins 35-31

I love this post and I agree...  Predicted score and all...

One thing that would worry me is Lonview's running game. They're big up front and one of their backs (number 5) is a tank. Think they've got a little fast one also. Tompkin's running game pushed WB around and Longview's will be much better. Hope they've got a good defensive scheme planned for this.

I don’t think Longview has faced anyone with the speed we have.  There closest game was last week besides Lufkin in August.  Wb has been in several tight games and has responded well.  I think this game will come down to has the ball last for a game winning drive.    Offense Can’t have big negative yard plays.  I hope yowman punting last week is a good sign he ll punt this week.  Defense has to be able to sub efficiently gotta save timeouts in second half for 2 min offense.

i also wanna give a shot out to the extra point and fg team for last week excellent job.  Good job holder and kicker

22 hours ago, LC-M said:

I’m going to lean towards West Brook. Westbrook is 1-1 against Longview. I watched Longview against Westfield, and I feel that Westbrook could have the faster team. Longview Qb looked average and I think they will beable to do some things on defense side of the ball to slow down the run game. 

I wouldnt use that Westfield game as a benchmark to judge Longview by. I'll admit I know nothing about WB, however I have been watching Longview for the last 25 years, and in my opinion this team isn't just better, they are significantly better than any team i have seen come thru. That includes a team that had Trent Williams, Chris Ivory, Malcom Kelly, and Vondrell Mcgee all on the same team. I believe you that WB is fast, but wait until you see #23, #2, and #10 from Longview, The biggest problem this Longview team has had this year is when they get up on somebody, they tend to take their foot off the gas a little soon. I'm sure WB is a great team. They wouldn't be here if they were not, however, this Longview team has felt like it has been on another level of their opponents all year.

Longview- 42

West Brook- 30

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

One thing that would worry me is Lonview's running game. They're big up front and one of their backs (number 5) is a tank. Think they've got a little fast one also. Tompkin's running game pushed WB around and Longview's will be much better. Hope they've got a good defensive scheme planned for this.

I know how you feel!  WB weakness is the run game up the middle our LB don't read the guards and they not aggressive on the run overall.  I hope this championship game they will dig down  deep and get it!