2018 North Shore

D3zii

7 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Ive seen a few forums and talked to a few people who are saying this North Shore team could possibly be "The" best team in Texas history. 

Would you agree?? 

I’m too young to know a lot about Texas football history, but I will say that this North Shore team looked like the Houston Texans today lol those were some huge offensive linemen out there!!

23 hours ago, D3zii said:

Ive seen a few forums and talked to a few people who are saying this North Shore team could possibly be "The" best team in Texas history. 

Would you agree?? 

No.

Signed,

The 1985 Jack Yates Lions

Five players played in the NFL, four of which had long NFL careers: Johnny Bailey, deceased, Santana Dotson, Quinton Smith, and Melvin Foster.

From the Houston Chronicle, online edition 8/6/2016, Yates Set Standard With State Football Title in '85" ---  "Yates had 36 seniors, more than half of whom played four years of college football and two-thirds of whom went on to earn college degrees. At least five of them signed with NFL teams."

53 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

No.

Signed,

Five players played in the NFL, four of which had long NFL careers: Johnny Bailey, deceased, Santana Dotson, Quinton Smith, and Melvin Foster.

From the Houston Chronicle, online edition 8/6/2016, Yates Set Standard With State Football Title in '85" ---  "Yates had 36 seniors, more than half of whom played four years of college football and two-thirds of whom went on to earn college degrees. At least five of them signed with NFL teams."

And the coach of that 1985 jack Yates team told hooks after the game that he never wanna play wos again 

13 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

No.

Signed,

This Northshore team could very well have the same amount playing on the weekends...

i remember that Yates team, and I know exactly what you mean, I’ve seen some great teams man , (85 Yates, 01, Katy, 03 North Shore, 05, La Marque, etc) but I haven’t seen this North shore team but I’ve heard about them and just wanted to get opinions 

5 reasons why North Shore is the best team (maybe ever)...

1.  They have the best football player in the country, Zach Evans, and they only use him about 1/3 of the game.  I can't imagine if he got all the touches.

2.  #5 for Lake Travis is suppose to be one of the top receivers in the nation, they manned him up with their own #5, and didn't think twice.  Kid shut him down.

3.  Offensive/Defensive Lines... they're bigger, quicker, and meaner on both sides of the ball in the trenches

4. The QB... He's almost as big a threat as the RB, the extra player you can't account for (and he can pass!!!).

5.   #2... This Middle linebacker is special.  I have seen some in his league, but it's a very short list, and it's taken over 20 years to compile.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, D3zii said:

This Northshore team could very well have the same amount playing on the weekends...

i remember that Yates team, and I know exactly what you mean, I’ve seen some great teams man , (85 Yates, 01, Katy, 03 North Shore, 05, La Marque, etc) but I haven’t seen this North shore team but I’ve heard about them and just wanted to get opinions 

North Shore and Yates were 5A(today’s 6A). Daingerfield was 3A(today 4A)

On 12/17/2018 at 1:04 PM, RidinTheRange said:

5 reasons why North Shore is the best team (maybe ever)...

1.  They have the best football player in the country, Zach Evans, and they only use him about 1/3 of the game.  I can't imagine if he got all the touches.

2.  #5 for Lake Travis is suppose to be one of the top receivers in the nation, they manned him up with their own #5, and didn't think twice.  Kid shut him down.

3.  Offensive/Defensive Lines... they're bigger, quicker, and meaner on both sides of the ball in the trenches

4. The QB... He's almost as big a threat as the RB, the extra player you can't account for (and he can pass!!!).

5.   #2... This Middle linebacker is special.  I have seen some in his league, but it's a very short list, and it's taken over 20 years to compile.

Dont forget the safety they have. He simply unloads on people. They really just have players everywhere