Beaumont West Brook 35 vs. Austin Westlake 30/Final-BRUINS ADVANCE TO STATE!!

WOSgrad

9 hours ago, BigWolf10 said:

Successful Coaches scare BISD finances? SMH

Well seeing how they were paying three head coaches $87,000 plus a performance stipend. And now they only have two head coaches. There's at least $90,000 in the budget that could be used to up Peevey's salary and hire United a competent coach with a history of winning. Hell they could pay each coach $125,000 and still be paying less than what they were paying three coaches.

2 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Well seeing how they were paying three head coaches $87,000 plus a performance stipend. And now they only have two head coaches. There's at least $90,000 in the budget that could be used to up Peevey's salary and hire United a competent coach with a history of winning. Hell they could pay each coach $125,000 and still be paying less than what they were paying three coaches.

THIS!!!

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Oh, the irony!  We've gone from "He gotta go!"  to "We should be paying him more."

I never said I wanted him gone, I was against his hiring. It wasn't personal, I just wanted a more experienced head coach with a winning record. Peevey was a 1st time head coach. I also stated I would admit if I was wrong about him, which I have done on several West Brook football threads. As for paying him more, there's no way in hell Louis deserves more money than Peevey. WB's head coach gets $86,000 and United's head coach gets $97,350. That in itself is complete and utter bullshit. Peevey has earned a raise in salary.

After watching the game I thought WB was by far the most disciplined team. Westlake was very fortunate to not have 3 or 4 personal fouls for late hits out of bounds and was steadily having a little extra going on after the whistle. One they did call hurt Westlake bad. I thought WB flat out out schemed Westlake. That double pass was called at a perfect time and executed perfectly, You need easy TD's sometimes and in a game you win by 5 that was huge. They also set up some really nice screens for huge gains. I can't say enough how ready WB looked to play. Hope they bring it one more week and get that ring.