Bowl Games

PhatMack19

56 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It’s hard to believe there were actually 5 teams in the Big 12 worse than TCU this year.  What a garbage conference.  That game set football back 30 years 

Harder still to believe that TCU has consistently been an upgrade over aggy in the 3 major sports since joining the conference.   #undisputed #aggymaybetopjocksnifferstho

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Yeah accept for that’s not really true 

It’s not even close and everyone whose not a gomer and/or has a full set of teeth knows it.   Football, basketball and baseball - horny toads have been clearly and consistently better than poor aggy.  Sorry if that doesn’t fit the narrative...

Football

2012 aggy tied 5th, TCU 34th

2013 Aggy 20th, TCU unranked

2014 TCU 3rd, aggy unranked 

2015 TCU 7th, aggy unranked 

2016 Both unranked

2017 TCU 9th, aggy unranked 

So in 6 football seasons completed to date since aggy left for greener pastures (i.e., fresher jocks), the horny toads have finished in the top 10 3 times (highest rank 3rd) and out of the top 25 3 times.  Aggy has one top 10 (tied 5th) and unranked 4 times.  Mack it’s time for you to “accept” facts!   

(Other sports coming.)

Basketball

I will give aggy a slight edge here.  They have two tournament appearances in 6 years, but both were Sweet 16 finishes which is impressive.  TCU only has one bid (first round loss) but did win the NIT the year before that.   I will say that as long as Dixon remains in Ft Worth, TCU will have an edge going forward.   He is one of the best in the biz and won an NIT championship in his first year and made the tournament in the 2nd.   On to baseball...

32 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Football

2012 aggy tied 5th, TCU 34th

2013 Aggy 20th, TCU unranked

2014 TCU 3rd, aggy unranked 

2015 TCU 7th, aggy unranked 

2016 Both unranked

2017 TCU 9th, aggy unranked 

So in 6 football seasons completed to date since aggy left for greener pastures (i.e., fresher jocks), the horny toads have finished in the top 10 3 times (highest rank 3rd) and out of the top 25 3 times.  Aggy has one top 10 (tied 5th) and unranked 4 times.  Mack it’s time for you to “accept” facts!   

(Other sports coming.)

7-6            11-2

4-8              9-4

12-1            8-5

11-2            8-5

6-7              8-5

11-3            7-6

6-6               8-4

=57-33        59-31

I wonder how much better A&M’s record would be than TCU’s if they played the same garbage schedule over the last 7 years.  Also add in revenue and no way anyone sane person would consider TCU an upgrade   

Baseball  

2013 Both finish unranked; aggy makes a regional

2014 TCU 5th (CWS appearance); aggy unranked (loses at regional)

2015 TCU 4th (CWS appearance); aggy 10th (lost in super regional to TCU)

2016 TCU 3rd (CWS appearance); aggy 9th (lost in supers to TCU)

2017 TCU 4th (CWS appearance); aggy 8th (CWS appearance)

2018 both unranked; aggy lost in regionals, including one to daddy 

In summary, although aggy has been better in baseball than I remembered since joining the SEC, they have been owned (including head to head) by the Horned Frogs. 

So yes, Mack, not to let facts get in the way is rhetoric, TCU has decidedly been an upgrade.  I rest my case and consider yourself schooled once again...

17 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

7-6            11-2

4-8              9-4

12-1            8-5

11-2            8-5

6-7              8-5

11-3            7-6

6-6               8-4

=57-33        59-31

I wonder how much better A&M’s record would be than TCU’s if they played the same garbage schedule over the last 7 years.  Also add in revenue and no way anyone sane person would consider TCU an upgrade   

Don’t bring records into this.  Look at the rankings sport.  We will give you gomers no credit for the 3 cupcakes you schedule every year.  Anyone not drinking the sweat off Bama’s jock would consider TCU an upgrade.