State Semifinal Schedule/Scoreboard

PhatMack19

4 hours ago, badndn said:

80’s were the “Strait Train” Robert Straight days. They took out my SFA Eagles in 87 I believe(Semi-Finals). That SFA team woulda won State had it not been for Straight. 

Jefferson Bulldogs beat Cuero 26 to 0 in that title game in 1987.

4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Kind of surprising it’s only 2

Your #TXHSFB fun fact of the day:

Last night, Cuero became the just the second Texas high school football program to reach a state title game in five consecutive decades (70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s).

The other is Wichita Falls (30s, 40, 50s, 60s and 70s).

#UILState

This is the hidden content, please

5 hours ago, badndn said:

80’s were the “Strait Train” Robert Straight days. They took out my SFA Eagles in 87 I believe(Semi-Finals). That SFA team woulda won State had it not been for Straight. 

Cuero beat SFA in the 1986 Semi-Finals 34-7. I highly doubt that SFA team would have won State that year if not for Straight, considering Jefferson shutout Straight and Cuero the following week 24-0 to win the title. It's possible, but I guess we will never know.

Edit: I guess I should have finished reading the posts before responding. I would have seen others had already responded to this..

18 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Cuero beat SFA in the 1986 Semi-Finals 34-7. I highly doubt that SFA team would have won State that year if not for Straight, considering Jefferson shutout Straight and Cuero the following week 24-0 to win the title. It's possible, but I guess we will never know.

Edit: I guess I should have finished reading the posts before responding. I would have seen others had already responded to this..

And that was '86.  Kenneth Ford and nem......