Allen EXPOSED

Guest ECBucFan

13 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Only problem I have with Allen is the size of their school . UIL should have some sort of cap on numbers in the 6a div 1 level ,so that a school like this would have to split up, and make another school. I think it would be more fair. Or make a 7a div and they can win State by default. lol

They suggested that about 30 years ago as (then) smaller 5A schools were complaining that they couldn't compete with smaller schools (then, the target was Plano).  The UIL, citing, the increased travel that a (then) 6A would cause, decided to go with the first, Small School/Big School configuration.  When the year that the small school 5A was bigger than the big school 5A.  The UIL endeavored to change the name to Division I and Division II.  About 6 years later the UIL expanded it to what is now 5A and later on to what is now 4A and below.

Yet, as we sit here today, the very problem in 6A is still sited by some. And the UIL alternative, that Big School/Small School that was supposed to solve the problem, did bear out the UIL's concern that increased travel would result.  But only for those smaller schools who already had a stretched football travel budget.

Moral of the story:  jv_coach is right.  Don't ask the government to do anything.

Guest ECBucFan
20 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

You are from East Chambers.

The small school transfer/move in capital of southeast Texas. 

See: your backfield 

Point taken. FWIW, I do not condone players moving in to join a higher profile team, even if it is EC. Personally I wish all EC players (and all others) were 100% home grown, but I have no say in the matter. So don't blame me. 

9 hours ago, About a week ago said:

These two that you speak of moved for legitimate reasons. One’s mother married a man from Winnie and moved here at a young age, around 5th or 6th grade. The other moved here because his family wanted to get him and his younger sibling out of BISD...can you blame them. So know your facts before you compare EC to this of Allen.

Brilliant. "The parents moving kids moving to EC are for legitimate reasons while parents moving to Allen are not". I wonder how many of the parents that moved to Allen wanted to get their kids "out of (your pick) ISD"? Can you blame them?

The well thought out statements from Winnie, TX are increasingly impressive. This comment is at a new level of nonsense in that it chastises one for "not having their facts" but draws a comparison to others with which are "no facts". 

To be clear: "you must have your facts when you speak of EC but you do not need facts when you speak of Allen".

9 hours ago, About a week ago said:

These two that you speak of moved for legitimate reasons. One’s mother married a man from Winnie and moved here at a young age, around 5th or 6th grade. The other moved here because his family wanted to get him and his younger sibling out of BISD...can you blame them. So know your facts before you compare EC to this of Allen.

I dont care why they moved....they moved and like I stated. EC gets more transfers than ANY small public school in southeast Texas. Has been that way for many many years.  So, know your facts before you deny the facts. 

2 hours ago, AllenEagles#1 said:

He wanted to move some place where he could be AD and set things up for his son to take the program over.

I can see BH getting it’s share of “recruits” in the years to come. Great schools. Money. Away from Houston. Growing. Room for expansion. Excellent facilities with room for growth. Good academics. The only thing missing is apartment complexes for those that can’t afford the $300K+ price tag on owning a home in Mont Belvieu. 

Is Westerberg from MB area?

1 hour ago, badndn said:

I can see BH getting it’s share of “recruits” in the years to come. Great schools. Money. Away from Houston. Growing. Room for expansion. Excellent facilities with room for growth. Good academics. The only thing missing is apartment complexes for those that can’t afford the $300K+ price tag on owning a home in Mont Belvieu. 

Is Westerberg from MB area?

They already do.  People that move to the area for work with kids... look at options for sending their kids to school.  Baytown?  Lol

38 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

It's an unexplained phenomenon!!!

There is a rumor going around that kids from South Dallas move to Duncanville for "legitimate" reasons similar to the players who move to EC from Beaumont.