Wagner Vs Shadow Creek

LCMAlumtiger32

I watch Wagner last game and they  run the flexbone  offense to perfection. I know in 5a and 6a you don't see a lot of the offenses in that formation because everyone wants to be in the spread.  but I still believe that offense  can work in larger divisions. I got Wagner winning this one. I think that offense is going to be hard to stop.

No 6A team will win a State Title with an offense that completes 2 to 3 passes a game. Offense can neutralize two or three exceptional defenders, but not a team full of defensive playmakers like you see later in 6A and even 5A playoffs. 

Now a team that can complete a very high percentage of it’s passes (80%+) and throws 10 to 15 passes a game could be a force at the higher levels. Just don’t see it usually because no QB with that kind of skill wants to go to a school running that offense, when he can go run a spread option and really show his skills throwing 20 to 30 a game. 

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, STiger85 said:
18 minutes ago, badndn said:

No 6A team will win a State Title with an offense that completes 2 to 3 passes a game. Offense can neutralize two or three exceptional defenders, but not a team full of defensive playmakers like you see later in 6A and even 5A playoffs. 

Now a team that can complete a very high percentage of it’s passes (80%+) and throws 10 to 15 passes a game could be a force at the higher levels. Just don’t see it usually because no QB with that kind of skill wants to go to a school running that offense, when he can go run a spread option and really show his skills throwing 20 to 30 a game. 

18 minutes ago, badndn said:

Its just fun offense to watch. Yes I think you would have to throw the ball more around 15 times. But Amarillo scored 40 points on longview last night so it wasn't he offense it was the defense that let the team down.

I picked Shadow Creek as my dark horse at the beginning of the year. The good thing is they only have one more year until they move to 6a. They already have the numbers. Alvin ISD is already planning to build HS #4. That would knock Shadow Creek back to 5a or if it's built before the realignment, they'll just stay 5a. First year of varsity and in the title game!

On 12/16/2018 at 10:52 AM, badndn said:

Just don’t see it usually because no QB with that kind of skill wants to go to a school running that offense, when he can go run a spread option and really show his skills throwing 20 to 30 a game. 

Um, I thought kids in High School didn’t have a choice of where they go to High School?