Newton 21 East Bernard 14/FINAL/EAGLES ADVANCE TO AT&T!!!

WOSgrad

31 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Who knows, who cares? It was an observation. So much booty hurt when someone doesn't agree. Like I said, Newton is a very good 3a team.

I’m not booty hurt at all there baller. I have zero vested interest in Newton or BH, and I never disagreed with you(actually agree with you that Newton is a phenomenal 3A team). All that being said id like to see them play 

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Talking 5a and 6a that some people were talking this year. Newton would get steamrolled. I think Newton has a really good team for 3a. Just please, no more talk of them beating the big boys. Nothing against Newton, just saying now that I've seen them play, that was crazy talk.

You talking about all 6A and 5A teams or just the good ones? I know some 6A-5A teams that Newton could beat.

I like how everyone freaks out because either a) newton did not prepare and execute like they "normally" do vs East Bernard or 2) EB was better than what everyone thought and played out their butts last night and made a game out of something that should have not been all that close on paper....last i checked, these are HS kids and aren't perfect, so playing bad is not out of the equation ONCE in their HS lives.  Correct me if I am wrong

50 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You talking about all 6A and 5A teams or just the good ones? I know some 6A-5A teams that Newton could beat.

I'm talking an overwhelming majority of 5a and 6a playoff teams. I'm sure they compete with some. That could be said with ANY really good 3a and 4a semi finalist teams.

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Talking 5a and 6a that some people were talking this year. Newton would get steamrolled. I think Newton has a really good team for 3a. Just please, no more talk of them beating the big boys. Nothing against Newton, just saying now that I've seen them play, that was crazy talk.

Here

7 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Havnt you figured it out, on this board, when a teams scheme works, its good players, when the scheme doesn't it 's bad Coaching. lol

Glad you brought that to my attention. I feel smarter now. I think mostly, those opinions come from people that their team failed to qualify. Setting in the stands or looking at stats somehow has made them footballs elite. LOL

11 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I hope this works, it's the first time to try. Below is an excellent breakdown of last nights game. Bottom line EB had a lot to do with Newtons jerky jerky play.

I’m not laughing. Newton is a phenomenal team with incredible athletes; they survived and advanced but I’m hoping they come up with something resembling an offense before they face Canadian. I definitely agree that EB was very well prepared, and I certainly know that Newton is by far and away the best team in 3A D2, but that hully gully offense they put on display tonight almost cost them. Canadian will be their toughest test by far IMO. Another night of hully gully offense against the Wildcats could very well result in the Eagles being in another dog fight 

19 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

What's wrong with Barlow. He ain't runnng like his Normal self. Is it his shoulder? He hasn't run well in two weeks imo.

However, Newton I'm proud of you. You were up to the challenge!!!

Peace out everybody.

8 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Good analysis J.J. It's interesting you mention. #33 because he replaces Corbin Foster and I was kinda worried if he could maintain the same quality of play. Couple of things that stood out to me. One , Darwin doesn't seem to be running tough like he normally does. I've seen him knock the helmet off tacklers before. Maybe that's just me in my observation. I'm not a football expert by any means.

I will say one other thing though. That was the strangest offensive scheme I have ever seen. I saw some of the best blocking schemes I have ever seen, by EB. They walled off Newton defenders very effectively on those off tackle, and end around plays. Anyway thanks for the analysis, and we saw some great football last night.

EB took away Barlow's legs. They used a very smart angle swoop and wrap. The OLBs continued to play the best perimeter ball I've seen in a while....Overall it was good coaching on both sides. That long TD run Barlow got in the 3rd took Newton the entire 2nd qtr and part of the 3rd to set it up "Excellent Coaching on Newton's Part". Newton kept trying to get the DT to follow the Guard outside but EB stayed very disciplined. Go back and look at the play before the TD and you'll see where the EB's strong 3 tech finally followed the Guard and went after barlow. The very next play they ran the counter with G and T pulling on the 38 which left a lane. Go to the next drive Newton had the ball and EB didn't follow anymore lolol.  

• Like 3

I'll tell you exactly what was up with Barlow tonight. EB had outstanding OLB play and 2 shut down corners. They had 4 guys shut down everything to the outside by staying home in the 9 tech and getting off blocks. 7 and 2 played man to the outside and was better than Newton's receivers so it left 7 men to defend the box and force newton to setup plays. Once the Newton DC figured out that the DT's would not follow the pulling Guard and tackle outside that's when Newton was able to start moving the ball and get a drive going. But that said 12 for EB might have been the best MLB Newton faced all year. Defensively Newton was solid the entire game...mental mistakes cost them that last TD. 33 seems to lose composure really easily and once he does looks like a couple others feed off of it and follow right behind him. Once again Newton's true best player and savoir was and is Sylvester. He will be a beast at DT in college. The more I watch him the more he reminds me of ex Arp player and Baylor's starting DT Tyrone Hunt whom is expected to picked in the late 2nd to 3rd round in this years draft. similar builds at that age.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:29 PM, DatBoyLenny said:

I don't know what's going on with him

Dam, you would think that someone in his community would step up and try to be a big brother, or father figure to this kid. He has too much talent and too much to lose for his problems to be ignored. It is such a waste, not specifically for football, but for a productive life. I can assure you, with this kids talent, the world was his oyster.