Newton 21 East Bernard 14/FINAL/EAGLES ADVANCE TO AT&T!!!

WOSgrad

Y'all already know, but

FINAL FROM TEXAN DRIVE STADIUM IN PORTER:

Newton             21

East Bernard    14

Congratulations to the Newton Eagles, Class 3A, Division II Finalists!!! The Eagles advance to the Class 3A, Division II State Championship Game next Thursday at 3:00 pm where they will face either Canadian or Gunter (Canadian leads 17-7 in the 4th).

Wow!!!   This program (#1 in the NATION, mind you) is headed to State (once again) and your comment is that Newton's Offensive scheme is a joke???? Please tell us how you would improve this team's season with all your wisdom... LOVE to hear your technical breakdown of all our offensive flaws....The game I saw showed a very disciplined, prepared and well coached  bunch of athletes from EB who fought it out to the last second. Hats off to all those guys....And Merry Christmas to you sir. There's  certainly an NFL team in need of a consultant for the Superbowl...

4 hours ago, GATA! said:

We'll get ready to laugh some more, we get to play one more week.

I’m not laughing. Newton is a phenomenal team with incredible athletes; they survived and advanced but I’m hoping they come up with something resembling an offense before they face Canadian. I definitely agree that EB was very well prepared, and I certainly know that Newton is by far and away the best team in 3A D2, but that hully gully offense they put on display tonight almost cost them. Canadian will be their toughest test by far IMO. Another night of hully gully offense against the Wildcats could very well result in the Eagles being in another dog fight 

36 minutes ago, Old school eagle said:

I believe that hully gully was called East Bernard's front 7.

I 100% agree. Not playing well usually is directly related to key matchups and style of play. Newton didn't do much different than they do every week.  Several passes where dropped but you can't blame that on play calling. EB has a great defense, period. They have a boring, clock consuming grind it out offense. But very effective.  Newton has a great offense and a great defense that will normally result in a lot of points. I congratulate EB on their play and their season. Newton has another week. And I'll pretty much guarantee, they are a better team due to EB.  Even the people that are making derogatory statements about Newton's play would have never  predicted yesterdays game outcome.  My lesson learned is, Newton is human after all. 

35 minutes ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

I 100% agree. Not playing well usually is directly related to key matchups and style of play. Newton didn't do much different than they do every week.  Several passes where dropped but you can't blame that on play calling. EB has a great defense, period. They have a boring, clock consuming grind it out offense. But very effective.  Newton has a great offense and a great defense that will normally result in a lot of points. I congratulate EB on their play and their season. Newton has another week. And I'll pretty much guarantee, they are a better team due to EB.  Even the people that are making derogatory statements about Newton's play would have never  predicted yesterdays game outcome.  My lesson learned is, Newton is human after all. 

Havnt you figured it out, on this board, when a teams scheme works, its good players, when the scheme doesn't it 's bad Coaching. lol

10 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Whoever said Newton would run over higher classification teams was drunk. Congrats on win and title game.

Newton 71 

Kirbyville (Higher class) 0 

Newton 56 

Silsbee (Higher Class) (Lost by 5 in the State semifinals last night) 14 

Newton 21 

WOS (Higher Class) (Lost to Silsbee by 10 in the regional finals) 7 

Newton 51 

Gilmer (Higher Class) 31 

3 hours ago, bradyb said:

Newton 71 

Kirbyville (Higher class) 0 

Newton 56 

Silsbee (Higher Class) (Lost by 5 in the State semifinals last night) 14 

Newton 21 

WOS (Higher Class) (Lost to Silsbee by 10 in the regional finals) 7 

Newton 51 

Gilmer (Higher Class) 31 

Talking 5a and 6a that some people were talking this year. Newton would get steamrolled. I think Newton has a really good team for 3a. Just please, no more talk of them beating the big boys. Nothing against Newton, just saying now that I've seen them play, that was crazy talk.