Cuero 29 Silsbee 24/FINAL

WOSgrad

Here we go again with the taking of the knee. That’s something coaches did in Pop Warner to keep kids from running around when someone’s injured and getting in the way of trainers, EMT,  etc.. Taking the near adult kids to sideline is more effective. Look around, no one else does this take a knee for respect thing.  

I’ve watched lots of college and NFL games and don’t see every player on both teams huddle up on a knee when an injury occurs. In fact only time you do see it in the NFL is for prayer in a significant injury requiring a cart. Petty!

How about entertaining game between two battle tested teams. Good luck next year Tigers and next week Goblers. 

36 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee had 3 team captains at coin flip.  Maybe 4.  3 shook hands, one didn't and u told some neighboring fans that.  But it looks like he tried to and the Cuero captain didn't see him, so he just walked away without looking back.  I don't think it was a malicious act, just like one of those boom boom things...  

Now the taking a knee was a problem.  I know you just made a huge play, but you gotta take that knee, wherever you are.  

Sorry but I just watched the game again and one of the captains for Silsbee seemed to be the leader and stopped one of the Silsbee captains from shaking hands and turned him away. The others followed suit. No big deal but this isn’t pro football and kids at that age should  show respect and sportsmanship from the get go especially if you are a team captain and setting the example. 

22 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

Sorry but I just watched the game again and one of the captains for Silsbee seemed to be the leader and stopped one of the Silsbee captains from shaking hands and turned him away. The others followed suit. No big deal but this isn’t pro football and kids at that age should  show respect and sportsmanship from the get go especially if you are a team captain and setting the example. 

...you do realize they shake hands at the REAL coin flip, right?

11 minutes ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

Congrats to silsbee on an outstanding year. Really didnt think that team png played early this season had it in them to make it this far. Proved me wrong. Nearly pulled this one off too. Great season.

Merry christmas yall. See ya

That early team didnt but the one this group transformed into sure did.

3 hours ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

Congrats to silsbee on an outstanding year. Really didnt think that team png played early this season had it in them to make it this far. Proved me wrong. Nearly pulled this one off too. Great season.

Merry christmas yall. See ya

I agree. For those complaining about the coaching, go back an look at how much this team improved game in game out. That doesn’t happen with poor, decent or even above average coaching. 

Congrats to all involved in that program this season. 

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Will be back next year... And hopefully it's Cuero.. But now it's on to Basketball for the Tigers.. Go get the win Cuero. Would like to see this lost come from the State Champs . Maybe will meet up in the Basketball playoffs that would be fun... Peace :)

Agreed. Always want to say you lost to the BEST. 

Last year PNG lost to College Station and they went on to win it all. This year I’ll be rooting for FB Marshall next Friday night to make it two in a row. 

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Will be back next year... And hopefully it's Cuero.. But now it's on to Basketball for the Tigers.. Go get the win Cuero. Would like to see this lost come from the State Champs . Maybe will meet up in the Basketball playoffs that would be fun... Peace :)

Cuero has a horrible hoops program lmao

27 minutes ago, badndn said:

I agree. For those complaining about the coaching, go back an look at how much this team improved game in game out. That doesn’t happen with poor, decent or even above average coaching. 

Congrats to all involved in that program this season. 

Thanks for the kind words. 

Yea, lots of things had to be learned in that PN-G game.  Chasing Boy Wonder around for 2-3 years prepared the defense , especially this year's seniors,  to be able to go toe to toe with an athlete like Whittington.

16 hours ago, Who That said:

It wasn't the players that lost this game it was the sideline...! 

No way it was the coaches ... sometimes you just have to admit we got beat by a better team. Coaches didn’t call for the fake punt ... I’m sure they didn’t ask for the fumble.. as far as the kicker he was hurt... just a hard fought game that we came up short on.  

15 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

No way it was the coaches ... sometimes you just have to admit we got beat by a better team. Coaches didn’t call for the fake punt ... I’m sure they didn’t ask for the fumble.. as far as the kicker he was hurt... just a hard fought game that we came up short on.  

I have read the kicker was hurt.  One thing I keep thinking though is isn’t he the punter as well.  He did a good job punting.