Lumberton 68 Kountze 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

12 hours ago, bradyb said:

A lot of D1 Athletes? Name them please sir. 

Last year he had zero players that play college ball now and they went to the regional tournament. 

I had to do some digging.. but how about:

Ashton Hall
C.J. Busby
Devin Bray
Roman Walker
Laramie Lynn
Grayland Arnold
TJ Stanford

Not all D1 basketball players but a few D1 athletes and mostly college basketball players.  I'm pretty certain I'm missing some as I didn't know or remember a few on this list as it is.  How many schools the size of Kountze have never had a basketball player that is the caliber player as the names I mentioned above?  

28 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

I understand your point about having to have good players to win - I would say "skilled" players.  It is the coaches' job to develop skilled players within the program. And yet there are many coaches that have great athletes and skilled players but can't win consistently with them.   You can't judge a coach always on a win loss record.  You have to see how the team develops over a season or even a couple of seasons.  I haven't seen Kountze this year and don't know much about them - but I would bet that they will get better as the year goes because Joubert can flat out coach and knows how to develop players.  If they are young this year then I would bet they get better next year and Joubert will have them as competitive or more competitive than most any other coach given the same players.  No question he is a top tier coach.

Have the kids at Kountze not been under the tutelage of the current varsity coach since they started athletics?  That not enough time to "develop" a player?  Or is it possible that they just aren't very good? 

6 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Have the kids at Kountze not been under the tutelage of the current varsity coach since they started athletics?  That not enough time to "develop" a player?  Or is it possible that they just aren't very good? 

It is possible they aren't very good - but my point is are they getting better?..  during the year and year over year - I don't know what kind of set up they have over there and how much the HS coach works with his junior high kids -   I am just saying you have to see the whole process of player development -over a season and over multiple seasons.     Wasn't everyone saying Kountze wasn't very good last year and then all of sudden they are playing at the Regional Tournament..?

9 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

It is possible they aren't very good - but my point is are they getting better?..  during the year and year over year - I don't know what kind of set up they have over there and how much the HS coach works with his junior high kids -   I am just saying you have to see the whole process of player development -over a season and over multiple seasons.     Wasn't everyone saying Kountze wasn't very good last year and then all of sudden they are playing at the Regional Tournament..?

Sometimes you can get 110% potential out of a kid...and they still max out as a below average player.  If you take a really bad player and improve them to a ...not so bad player.  They still won't be good enough to beat people. 

12 minutes ago, Coach.Shu said:

Agreed ..and that would be the sign of a great coach.  Getting 110% out of their kids.

Good conversation!

The problem is that at a place like Kountze..where basketball is numero uno.. that's not what's considered the sign of a great coach.  Winning is.  I honestly feel bad for Coach Joubert because I'm sure he's catching some ridicule that isn't deserved.  Because according to the mob.. winning is what matters.  There is no asterisk for bad players or good opponents.

I've watched their JV for the last several years and there just wasn't much in the pipeline. They are playing pretty much the same schedule they always do so there record will be down. In the end they will compete fo a playoff spot in what could be one of Duanes best coaching jobs. If we're gonna list past players don't leave Cam Powell off, guy could flat out play.

4 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I had to do some digging.. but how about:

Ashton Hall
C.J. Busby
Devin Bray
Roman Walker
Laramie Lynn
Grayland Arnold
TJ Stanford

Not all D1 basketball players but a few D1 athletes and mostly college basketball players.  I'm pretty certain I'm missing some as I didn't know or remember a few on this list as it is.  How many schools the size of Kountze have never had a basketball player that is the caliber player as the names I mentioned above?  

Great athletes. But not D1 athletes. You named two D1 athletes on that list. Grayland and Ashton. I understand what you are saying because Kountze have always seemed to have Athletes, but I can not stand anyone saying that Joub is not a good coach. I witness it every year how hard that man works! Again, last years team had zero college athletes on it and Joub led them to the regional tournament. 

5 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Great athletes. But not D1 athletes. You named two D1 athletes on that list. Grayland and Ashton. I understand what you are saying because Kountze have always seemed to have Athletes, but I can not stand anyone saying that Joub is not a good coach. I witness it every year how hard that man works! Again, last years team had zero college athletes on it and Joub led them to the regional tournament. 

When did I say he wasn't a good coach?

1 hour ago, bradyb said:

Devin Bray was a D1 Athlete as well

16 minutes ago, bradyb said:

You didn’t. You responded to one of my responses to someone that said he wasn’t. 

Your opinion of his coaching ability does not sway my opinion. We will agree to disagree. All I am saying is if Joubert was at West Hardin all these years, would he still be considered a great/good coach? No, he would not. Yes, I know its a hypothetical situation, but I guarantee you a pee-wee wanna be ( I was an all-american until i blew out my knee type dad) could coach at Kountze from 05-2016 and have a pretty respectable coaching record - enough so to be considered a "good coach".  Now, on the same token.....if you ask me "Do you think Joubert is a good football coach" ? I'd answer absolutely.  But.....ya know...Kountze is what Kountze is.  

8 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Your opinion of his coaching ability does not sway my opinion. We will agree to disagree. All I am saying is if Joubert was at West Hardin all these years, would he still be considered a great/good coach? No, he would not. Yes, I know its a hypothetical situation, but I guarantee you a pee-wee wanna be ( I was an all-american until i blew out my knee type dad) could coach at Kountze from 05-2016 and have a pretty respectable coaching record - enough so to be considered a "good coach".  Now, on the same token.....if you ask me "Do you think Joubert is a good football coach" ? I'd answer absolutely.  But.....ya know...Kountze is what Kountze is.  

Didn't Joubert coach and win at Hardin?