Lumberton 68 Kountze 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

I know some don’t like lil dribblers but in a small town like ktz and given the ecomical class that’s all that is available.   If lil dribbler coaches would actually teach skills and discipline and accountability instead of just trying to win so they can puff there chest out and get some kind of (false)notoriety . that would help some.  

Yes that was 8 th grade A.  There’s is no b team for 8 th.   Which is sad.  Several players from last year decided not to play several have discipline/grade issues, one moved to buna and another to Silsbee and another possibly to warren.7 th grade is ok....there is an A and B team.   got one with some height and seems very into it always clapping and high fiving

In my opinion doesn’t have much coming up as for as overall groups in each class.  The freshman group I know have 2 that can go.  Won’t be surprised if one or both end up on var before season is over.

20 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I know some don’t like lil dribblers but in a small town like ktz and given the ecomical class that’s all that is available.   If lil dribbler coaches would actually teach skills and discipline and accountability instead of just trying to win so they can puff there chest out and get some kind of (false)notoriety . that would help some.  

I agree! The coaches focus on winning and do not teach fundamentals - It’s such a disservice to the kids. 

17 hours ago, bradyb said:

You are out of your mind. That’s not even close to being true. He is a top tier coach. 

I'm not saying he's not.. but can he win with bad / below average teams?  There's no question he's had success but look at the players he had when he had that kind of success.  Lot of D1 athletes come to mind.

This brings us back to the point I make all of the time.  Even good coaches can't win without good players...case in point. What's Kountze's record?

44 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm not saying he's not.. but can he win with bad / below average teams?  There's no question he's had success but look at the players he had when he had that kind of success.  Lot of D1 athletes come to mind.

This brings us back to the point I make all of the time.  Even good coaches can't win without good players...case in point. What's Kountze's record?

Brady was talking about GoFundMe. Who said he didn’t think Joubert was a top tier coach.

50 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Brady was talking about GoFundMe. Who said he didn’t think Joubert was a top tier coach.

I know that.  I was saying that I'm not saying he's not a top tier coach...but how come a top tier coach has the record that he has?  I was just reiterating the point that even a top tier coach need players or they can't win either.  Almost makes one wonder who else could have been considered a top tier coach had they had the talent that some seem to get on a regular basis.

6 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

A lot of D1 Athletes? Name them please sir. 

Last year he had zero players that play college ball now and they went to the regional tournament. 

I think Kountze only had about three varsity players returning this year. Then they got in trouble and were unable to play this year leaving the entire team without any players with previous varsity experience. I have known Coach Joubert for some time. He is not a guy who is real tolerant with people who disobey. He is kind of a no nonsense guy. I am sure losing is harder on him than it is on the players. I suspect that by the end of the year he will have the Lions playing well enough to earn one of the four play-off positions. 

18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I understand your point about having to have good players to win - I would say "skilled" players.  It is the coaches' job to develop skilled players within the program. And yet there are many coaches that have great athletes and skilled players but can't win consistently with them.   You can't judge a coach always on a win loss record.  You have to see how the team develops over a season or even a couple of seasons.  I haven't seen Kountze this year and don't know much about them - but I would bet that they will get better as the year goes because Joubert can flat out coach and knows how to develop players.  If they are young this year then I would bet they get better next year and Joubert will have them as competitive or more competitive than most any other coach given the same players.  No question he is a top tier coach.

11 hours ago, whsalum said:

I don't doubt Coach Joubert coaching ability in the least. I do wonder sometimes if being the head coach of two sports may hurt the development of some of the basketball players. That's a tall order for one person. 

Probably doesn’t help either sport. Kountze always seems to struggle in football, not sure why but evidently this years basketball team has no Fiddle in the band.