United Basketball

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

So is United going to be pretty good?  I know there were some "new school growing pains" in football but Central/Ozen always had some hoopers.  Are they going to be ok?

They will be in the regional tournament. Where they go from there will be determined on how well they can shoot from distance and share the ball. They will also be getting a player back from an injury later possibly, who I believe is there best player. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Dixson said:

They will be in the regional tournament. Where they go from there will be determined on how well they can shoot from distance and share the ball. They will also be getting a player back from an injury later possibly, who I believe is there best player. 

NO THEY WILL NOT !!!!!!!

18 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I think one started the game that I was at vs Silsbee but I'm going to try and confirm some names.  Maybe one of the other posters like Blackmamba has some information...

Don’t wanna sound like an a— Yes I do know but they are kids and I will not shame them on this board and neither should any other adult on here.  They decided it wasn’t for them so let them be basketball isn’t the end or beginning #Peace 

And to speak further on that topic not just on that situation all Hs coaches need to stop lying to kids you know from day 1 who you want on your team be upfront with these young men because this isn’t like the old days when kids wanted to be part of the team. KIDS WANT TO PLAY &  PARENTS WANT THEM TO AS WELL. So you have countless transfers and kids quitting. You cannot carry over 14 kids my number is 13 but your top 8-9 may play with the rest getting blow out minutes. No way on earth can you carry 15+ kids and try to implement that formula in 32 minutes.  I told ppl a long time ago kids will quit when they figure out they won’t get playing time some of yalll called me crazy but having been doing summer ball for 10+ years you see it happens every week and it carries over to Hs ball. 

5 hours ago, Mamba said:

Don’t wanna sound like an a— Yes I do know but they are kids and I will not shame them on this board and neither should any other adult on here.  They decided it wasn’t for them so let them be basketball isn’t the end or beginning #Peace 

Bro I didn't call any names and wasn't.  I agree, they are kids.  I was just stating that 3 had quit and from what I was told tonight, probably more soon. 

5 hours ago, Mamba said:

And to speak further on that topic not just on that situation all Hs coaches need to stop lying to kids you know from day 1 who you want on your team be upfront with these young men because this isn’t like the old days when kids wanted to be part of the team. KIDS WANT TO PLAY &  PARENTS WANT THEM TO AS WELL. So you have countless transfers and kids quitting. You cannot carry over 14 kids my number is 13 but your top 8-9 may play with the rest getting blow out minutes. No way on earth can you carry 15+ kids and try to implement that formula in 32 minutes.  I told ppl a long time ago kids will quit when they figure out they won’t get playing time some of yalll called me crazy but having been doing summer ball for 10+ years you see it happens every week and it carries over to Hs ball. 

I'm  not on the boys basketball thread much so it wasn't me.  I agree with your post that anything more than 12 is too many in my opinion.  Be upfront, don't lie to them...

4 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Bro I didn't call any names and wasn't.  I agree, they are kids.  I was just stating that 3 had quit and from what I was told tonight, probably more soon. 

Awwww yea man I know you weren’t don’t take it wrong. And they aren’t only ones it happens at every Hs in SETX .

There is no way I'd suit up more than 10... maybe 12 or so in a tournament.  Those coaches need to not lead those kids on into thinking they're anything more than they aren't.  Take the best 10 or so that have the best chance of contributing to the varsity one day according to what the varsity coach likes to do and send the rest of them to offseason.