Deionte Thompson (WOS) Alabama 1st Team All American

BADSANTA

6 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

While you all heap best wishes and praise on DT, I would like to pause and send my best wishes to the innocent young man who was litterally beaten unconcious and within an inch of his life on the beach not too long ago, I hope his cranial fractures have healed up and there is no lingering cognitive issues. 

May God bless your recovery. 

FWIW, I had a kid there at the beach that day that knows DT.... He said that he didn't see DT involved in the violence.  He also said that the kid that got smoked had nothing to do with the disagreement... didn't hear any slurs, either. Said there were plenty of drinks thrown, though.  My guess is that (like always) the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

And sometimes you just have to trust the system to do its work.  I wonder what happened to the charges against the other three accused?

7 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

While you all heap best wishes and praise on DT, I would like to pause and send my best wishes to the innocent young man who was litterally beaten unconcious and within an inch of his life on the beach not too long ago, I hope his cranial fractures have healed up and there is no lingering cognitive issues. 

May God bless your recovery. 

We haven't forgot about the victim. If you only knew the real story. They pointed the finger at the wrong man. What about those other mustang athletes that lost everything they worked so hard for? All because of racial tensions between the 2 schools.

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

We haven't forgot about the victim. If you only knew the real story. They pointed the finger at the wrong man. What about those other mustang athletes that lost everything they worked so hard for? All because of racial tensions between the 2 schools.

I thought everybody that was charged (other than DT) were already finished playing?  Can you elaborate?  Does anybody know about the charges against those kids, because the way I read the article, DT's pop just mentioned his kid, not the other three.  

Just because DT's charges got dropped doesn't indicate that all three of the others are blameless... they might have deserved the "attention" that they're getting.  I'm fairly certain SOMEBODY stomped that kid out. Nobody can prove that slurs were used, but you can 100% prove that a felony assault occurred.  And contrary to popular belief in 2019, you can't just crush somebody's skull because they use (allegedly) a word you don't like.... despite the fact that its blasted through your headphones about 25 times a minute.  

51 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I thought everybody that was charged (other than DT) were already finished playing?  Can you elaborate? 

Others were still in high school. Although FB season was over. Kids were suspended and lost scholarships. The victim was an innocent bystander that payed the price for the group he was with. Always seems to happen that way. But this incident was carry over from the 2017 game in which neither team could shake hands after the game. Bc player tweeted racial slurs that week.

22 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Others were still in high school. Although FB season was over. Kids were suspended and lost scholarships. The victim was an innocent bystander that payed the price for the group he was with. Always seems to happen that way. But this incident was carry over from the 2017 game in which neither team could shake hands after the game. Bc player tweeted racial slurs that week.

That game had nothing to do with what happened 

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yeah... you’re totally incorrect about that. The incident was in the spring of 2017... the tweet thing was from the 2016 game between BC and WOS. The kid that got hurt was from OF. And FYI, most of the kids from WOS (including the young man who was actually mocked in that tweet) were in the BC stands for our game against Silsbee a few weeks later... that whole situation was long since over and unrelated to the fight at the beach. 

And I guess I could also say that some of the young men from WOS (I think there were two still in school that spring) also might have gotten stuck paying the price for the group THEY were with.  

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Update. Channel 12 just reported that charges are still pending against two of the accused. The other one plead guilty. 

Charges were dropped against DT due to lack of evidence. Sounds good to me. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

This is the hidden content, please

Ian Rapoport Retweeted NFL Draft

Deionte Thompson was off several teams boards because of a degenerative knee condition. It explains his fall.

Check out @Earl_Thomas’s Tweet:

Earl Thomas (@Earl_Thomas) Tweeted:
I see my little bro @playmaker_11 on the field all the time working harder than anyone I know! His knee is just fine and he will make a lot of teams sorry for passing on him.

Completely agree Earl. He's gonna be working harder than ever now. Happy to see another mustang grad make it. 2nd game of the season Arizona at Baltimore. Who you got?