West Brook vs Austin Westlake

wbfan

Does anybody know what the situation is with McGrue. Very confusing how you run for 248 in one week and get 3 or 4 touches the next week 

There was a suspension for the 1st quarter for some unknown reason. However he still had a very limited role 

Is Peevey teaching life lessons or is this kid injured? Very confusing 

21 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

Does anybody know what the situation is with McGrue. Very confusing how you run for 248 in one week and get 3 or 4 touches the next week 

There was a suspension for the 1st quarter for some unknown reason. However he still had a very limited role 

Is Peevey teaching life lessons or is this kid injured? Very confusing 

Haven't heard, but I asked the very same question, watching him sit on the sidelines during the first quarter. Someone suggested he put the "I" in TEAM, but I haven't heard specifics.

Well if anything Mcgrue should be well rested for this game. He's gonna need to be.

One thing that was almost immediately noticeable when watching Longview and Westfield were the size and physicality of these teams when compared to West Brook. Those boys were hitting each other like someone owed them money or slapped their mamas. It's gonna be like that when playing Westlake's defense this week.

If there's anything to be hopeful about, it's that Westlake comes from a weaker region than West Brook. I don't know if they've seen a QB like Elia or not. Hopefully the West Brook offense can light them up a few times.

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Well if anything Mcgrue should be well rested for this game. He's gonna need to be.

One thing that was almost immediately noticeable when watching Longview and Westfield were the size and physicality of these teams when compared to West Brook. Those boys were hitting each other like someone owed them money or slapped their mamas. It's gonna be like that when playing Westlake's defense this week.

If there's anything to be hopeful about, it's that Westlake comes from a weaker region than West Brook. I don't know if they've seen a QB like Elia or not. Hopefully the West Brook offense can light them up a few times.

I hope we can catch them off guard, and come at them with not just the sink, but the whole damn kitchen. Their defense is damn good. Our kids are going to have to play at their level best, and throw in a few trick plays, to keep up. It wouldn't be unheard of for a R3 school to beat a R4 school, like Westlake.

1 hour ago, 82Champs said:

The 1982 WB completely dominated Converse Judson (In the semifinals) and LD Bell in the Championship game.  We needed luck to get through the Houston schools (Houston Memorial, Baytown Sterling). By the time we reached the semifinals nobody in the country would have beaten us.  

Don't forget about Dickinson. They were also suppose to beat West Brook, with that suppressing defense they had. Brook beat them 49-31. By the time West Brook had climbed out of Region 3, and made it past Judson, beating the Blue Raiders of Bell seemed anticlimactic. The 14-0-1 Raiders were suppose to beat the Bruins. but by then our defense was terribly good, and we shut them down, 21-10. That put West Brook on the map. Those games are fun to watch. I have the playoff games from that season on tape. Go Brook!

5 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Thus the results of a detailed oriented strength and conditioning program. With a hired trainer specifically for it and not an old guy who coaches the Weigh lifting team who doesn’t understand sport specific workout techniques 

2 hours ago, 82Champs said:

The 1982 WB completely dominated Converse Judson (In the semifinals) and LD Bell in the Championship game.  We needed luck to get through the Houston schools (Houston Memorial, Baytown Sterling). By the time we reached the semifinals nobody in the country would have beaten us.  

Except for 88 Dallas Carter lol 

53 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Don't forget about Dickinson. They were also suppose to beat West Brook, with that suppressing defense they had. Brook beat them 49-31. By the time West Brook had climbed out of Region 3, and made it past Judson, beating the Blue Raiders of Bell seemed anticlimactic. The 14-0-1 Raiders were suppose to beat the Bruins. but by then our defense was terribly good, and we shut them down, 21-10. That put West Brook on the map. Those games are fun to watch. I have the playoff games from that season on tape. Go Brook!

That’s exactly right.  Dickinson dominated Thomas Jefferson the week before in the Dome and were supposed to dominate WB.  And, while a score of 49-31 isn’t that unusual for scores in today’s game, at the time that was a shootout.  

2 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I dont know. Nothing ever showed up in my inbox, so I still dont have an answer to my question.

Brook need everyone on the same page today. Every man avalible regardless, should suit up and go. F that disciplinary BS. Let em go today. These kids gave their blood and sweat to get to this point. Reward em. Coaches, do your part. Allow them (the players) the chance to compete. Put them in positions to be successful. Now, if they don't take advantage, these WB fans will be happy.

all I'm saying is, don't lose this game in the side line. Be at your best Coaches. Westlake is gonna throw everything at you. You are gonna be facing these coaches. Their kids are just gonna be carrying out their duties. You have to out think Todd and his crew. It's gonna be a chess match.

i have know doubt The Bruins have enough talent to hang wit Westlake. But it's gonna take the entire staff 4real. Mange this game, he'll over achieve. Adjustment have to be swift. Openings have to be taken advantage of quickly. You have to be aware of those dudes across the field. This game's personal. He's a golden triangle ex. He's gonna try an out wit you.

Good luck to the Bruins. I'm gonna be in the stands rooting loudly for those Bruins. Make Beaumont proud. Whip that arse!!!!!!!!!!! Go Brook

On 12/9/2018 at 8:13 AM, 82 5A State Champs said:

Soulja, you crazy, bro! No way West Brook wins by 14. Westlake is by far the best team we have seen since NS. It's going to take our key players playing way above their norm, not making any mistakes, having some lucky breaks go our way, and for the Chaps to mess up huge. I'm not saying this game isn't winnable for us, I'm just saying on paper, Westlake is better. That being said, I would love for our kids to prove me wrong. They have the talent to win the whole damn thing, but they're going to have to have the right game plan, and some luck, to get it done.

What time is the game