West Brook vs Austin Westlake

wbfan

Winner plays Longview/Amarillo Tascosa winner.

Westlake D is elite and has single-handedly won them every game since all of those key injuries on offense.

If Elia and McGrue can score on them, I dont see either Longview or Tascosa stopping them at the state title game.

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

With Westlake being dinged up, I have WB by 14...

Soulja, you crazy, bro! No way West Brook wins by 14. Westlake is by far the best team we have seen since NS. It's going to take our key players playing way above their norm, not making any mistakes, having some lucky breaks go our way, and for the Chaps to mess up huge. I'm not saying this game isn't winnable for us, I'm just saying on paper, Westlake is better. That being said, I would love for our kids to prove me wrong. They have the talent to win the whole damn thing, but they're going to have to have the right game plan, and some luck, to get it done.

24 minutes ago, NorthoftheBorder said:

I know that Katy Legacy is a fantastic stadium, but am I the only one who thinks the seating capacity might be a little small for this game?  Pulling for Brook to go all the way!!  Would like to see an all East Texas final!!

This is the hidden content, please

Seating capacity is 12,000.

I have been to several West Brook games at BISD Stadium. Capacity there is 10,500. Never seen WB fans fill their side up.

40 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Soulja, you crazy, bro! No way West Brook wins by 14. Westlake is by far the best team we have seen since NS. It's going to take our key players playing way above their norm, not making any mistakes, having some lucky breaks go our way, and for the Chaps to mess up huge. I'm not saying this game isn't winnable for us, I'm just saying on paper, Westlake is better. That being said, I would love for our kids to prove me wrong. They have the talent to win the whole damn thing, but they're going to have to have the right game plan, and some luck, to get it done.

Just basing it off of Westlake's situation.  Had they been healthy, I wouldn't have said that.  It looks outlandish and silly (my prediction) but watch...WB defense is playing.  That's the ex factor...  And I know they have Dodge, but WB don't have Flannigan or Rhabb as HC.  Peevey has been doing a great job, and just keeps doing a good job with the kids.

27 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is the hidden content, please

Seating capacity is 12,000.

I have been to several West Brook games at BISD Stadium. Capacity there is 10,500. Never seen WB fans fill their side up.

I'm sure they'll be more fans since this is the State Semifinals and I'm sure several West Brook graduates that reside in the Houston area will be there to support their old school...

But I do think this stadium will suffice...

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm sure they'll be more fans since this is the State Semifinals and I'm sure several West Brook graduates that reside in the Houston area will be there to support their old school...

But info think this stadium will suffice...

I will be at the game in press box. I'll see if it gets filled.

I agree, this stadium will suffice.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I will be at the game in press box. I'll see if it gets filled.

I agree, this stadium will suffice.

Here's hoping that Beaumont proves us wrong and shows up in force.  It has been a long time since a school from the GT has gone this far in the top classification.  I really like that no DFW or Houston school has made the final 4 of 6A DII.

3 hours ago, NorthoftheBorder said:

I know that Katy Legacy is a fantastic stadium, but am I the only one who thinks the seating capacity might be a little small for this game?  Pulling for Brook to go all the way!!  Would like to see an all East Texas final!!

Yes. But Todd Dodge didn’t want to play at NRG for some reason 

8 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

For the Bruins to win this game, theyre going to have to have an excellent game plan, excellent offensive, and defensive execution, and even have some luck. Luck just like this play from the last time the Bruins were in the semifinals.....catching lightning in a bottle! Watch....

My cousin, Johnny Norwood was on that team. I remember that season like yesterday.