Silsbee vs. Cuero, 4A State Semifinal

AggiesAreWe

4 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Thats how i plan.  Just need to check into getting a tx tag and if we can get it before friday.  Dont want to have to go through the billing like i did before if i can avoid it. Miss a notice and those fees jump quick.

Get the tag.  As long as your registered you dont need the window tag. Had one for several years.  Only way to travel in Texas, especially with my daughter in the Austin area.

Money spent well over the long term.

I just did my research on them.  They try to put #3 and many positions to cause missmatches.  WR, RB, QB...  He is actually a solid safety...  But I think Silsbee's defense will be ready having to chase Newton, PN-G, and WO-S around...  The main qb , think he's #7, is ok,  but I think he can be contained.

But the Gobblers Stoll have to contend with a good rotation of 4 RB's and 2 pretty sure handed and athletic wr's in White and Turk.  

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I just did my research on them.  They try to put #3 and many positions to cause missmatches.  WR, RB, QB...  He is actually a solid safety...  But I think Silsbee's defense will be ready having to chase Newton, PN-G, and WO-S around...  The main qb , think he's #7, is ok,  but I think he can be contained.

But the Gobblers Stoll have to contend with a good rotation of 4 RB's and 2 pretty sure handed and athletic wr's in White and Turk.  

Soulja, you are correct. Any comparison between 5A and 4A is a joke, its a totally different level. I will say this, Silsbee looked good against PNG, until they wore down. Playing a tough schedule against some really good teams will help prepare Silsbee. Not a single team on the Cuero schedule can compare to Nederland, WOS, and PNG, including Cuero. I think Silsbee can win this game if they play up to their capabilities. And the tough schedule you guys have faced might be the tell all. Hope the Tigers can pull the win out. CONGRATS on a great season.

9 minutes ago, Champions said:

How comes no one mention that Cuero lost to yoakum 30-20 this season if they found a way to beat Cuero then so can Silsbee.

Their stud was out for a bit if i understood correctly.  He is what makes it tick.  They have really good players but hes the main cog.

You wont stop him everytime.  Need to limit his opportunities.

54 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Soulja, you are correct. Any comparison between 5A and 4A is a joke, its a totally different level. I will say this, Silsbee looked good against PNG, until they wore down. Playing a tough schedule against some really good teams will help prepare Silsbee. Not a single team on the Cuero schedule can compare to Nederland, WOS, and PNG, including Cuero. I think Silsbee can win this game if they play up to their capabilities. And the tough schedule you guys have faced might be the tell all. Hope the Tigers can pull the win out. CONGRATS on a great season.

How can you say comparing 4A to 5A is a joke, but Newton and wos consistently beat bigger teams.

And if you say Cuero doesn’t compare to any of those teams, will you retract your statement if Silsbee loses? Because if Cuero beats Silsbee who also beat wos and almost beat Nederland, then I would say there is a comparison there...

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

How can you say comparing 4A to 5A is a joke, but Newton and wos consistently beat bigger teams.

And if you say Cuero doesn’t compare to any of those teams, will you retract your statement if Silsbee loses? Because if Cuero beats Silsbee who also beat wos and almost beat Nederland, then I would say there is a comparison there...

I don’t think he keeps up with 4a. Carthage beat Marshall this year and would probably still be in the playoffs in 5a. Marshall end up beating Nederland. 

14 minutes ago, Who That said:

Silsbee will be the Cueros brick wall.. :)

And Cuero and Region 4 sure do know about brick walls.  You know what the Gobblers are thinking.  It's totally impossible for them not to be thinking it.  WOS IS OUT OF THE WAY!!!!  Never mind how it happened.  Never mind that they are facing the team that sent WOS home.  THE ROAD TO JERRY WORLD IS FINALLY OPEN!  They are kids, how could they not be thinking it?  They will try to put it out of their minds but it won't work.  They've never heard of Silsbee and they are looking ahead to Pleasant Grove.

Of course Silsbee knows about brick walls too.  Two of Carthage's 40 straight wins came at the expense of the Tigers.  But then realignment may have removed Silsbee's brick wall, at least for a couple of years.  I luv you Lumberton!  You are my favorite!  Let's go steady.  No, skip that, let's just go ahead and meet early to pick out curtains.

7 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

And Cuero and Region 4 sure do know about brick walls.  You know what the Gobblers are thinking.  It's totally impossible for them not to be thinking it.  WOS IS OUT OF THE WAY!!!!  Never mind how it happened.  Never mind that they are facing the team that sent WOS home.  THE ROAD TO JERRY WORLD IS FINALLY OPEN!  They are kids, how could they not be thinking it?  They will try to put it out of their minds but it won't work.  They've never heard of Silsbee and they are looking ahead to Pleasant Grove.

Of course Silsbee knows about brick walls too.  Two of Carthage's 40 straight wins came at the expense of the Tigers.  But then realignment may have removed Silsbee's brick wall, at least for a couple of years.  I luv you Lumberton!  You are my favorite!  Let's go steady.  No, skip that, let's just go ahead and meet early to pick out curtains.

Our neighbor is being a bit of a pessimist, isn't he?

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Our neighbor is being a bit of a pessimist, isn't he?

Find one thing that I’ve said about Silsbee that’s been wrong this year.

Said y’all would lose to Nederland and PNG early. That happened.

Said y’all would lose to wos in district then beat them in the playoff. That happened.

I said y’all would blow Giddings out. Happened.

I said if anybody won this past Friday by two scores it would be Silsbee. That happened.

i said wos would struggle against Silsbee defense. Correct.

I said Silsbee wouldn’t sustain drives running against wos. That happened, might have been due to rain though so we will never know the truth on that one.

Now, am I a pessimist or a realist? I’m sorry for supporting Silsbee from a biased standpoint and not with my maroon colored glasses on. 

If I’m not mistaken, AAW predicted a Silsbee loss the first time against wos, against PNG, and Newton. Maybe Nederland too. I may be wrong, and I’m sure he’ll correct me like always if so. My point is, when he picks against Silsbee or says anything against them it’s alright. When i do, I’m just a hater. Funny.

15 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

If I’m not mistaken, AAW predicted a Silsbee loss the first time against wos, against PNG, and Newton. Maybe Nederland too. I may be wrong, and I’m sure he’ll correct me like always if so. My point is, when he picks against Silsbee or says anything against them it’s alright. When i do, I’m just a hater. Funny.

I picked Silsbee against WO-S in district. Predicted them to win district in preseason.

In the pickem's, I will pick who I think is the better team or who is playing better at the time. PN-G and Newton are better teams.

And of course it's alright. I am a life long Tiger. I have that right.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I picked Silsbee against WO-S in district. Predicted them to win district in preseason.

In the pickem's, I will pick who I think is the better team or who is playing better at the time. PN-G and Newton are better teams.

And of course it's alright. I am a life long Tiger. I have that right.

So if I change my name to TigerNation and change my avatar then everything I’ve said would be accepted. But an outsider can’t point out the same things?

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

So if I change my name to TigerNation and change my avatar then everything I’ve said would be accepted. But an outsider can’t point out the same things?

No, we already know who you are.

Oh, and here's that one thing you said about Silsbee that was wrong:

Silsbee 27 Hamshire-Fannett 26/FINAL

Dang I figured this would be a blowout!

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No, we already know who you are.

Oh, and here's that one thing you said about Silsbee that was wrong:

Silsbee 27 Hamshire-Fannett 26/FINAL

L-Train11 replied to WOSgrad's topic in High School Football 2018

Dang I figured this would be a blowout!

Lol so I was wrong but what I said was in favor of Silsbee. I’m a hater for thinking Silsbee would have walked all over HF.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Didn't call you a hater. You said name one thing you were wrong about Silsbee. I did.

Well, half wrong. I got the win right just would have predicted a wider margin.

My point is you can call me a pessimist, but I haven’t been very far off in most of the things I’ve said.