Silsbee vs. Cuero, 4A State Semifinal

AggiesAreWe

Whittington is maybe a little faster than Johnson at PNG but not the overall team talent as PNG. Cuero will be a tough test but as no one gave Silsbee a chance vs WOS, Silsbee will be ready. It's all about defense and offensive execution. I'm so proud of Silsbee and happy the game is right by our home. 

Silsbee 39 

Cuero 33

Silsbee's defense is what sold me on Silsbee.  They get after it on the run, they hit hard, and there are some ball hawks in the secondary.  Silsbee's O has been moving the ball pretty consistently against pretty much anyone.  I honestly think that Cuero gets  overwhelmed by the overall team speed of Silsbee....

Taking a note from the basketball team, there is a benefit playing such a hard non district schedule. I think Silsbee was 0-3 at one point and ended the regular season 6-4. Other schools let those 4 loses fool them. I dont see Cuero beating PNG, Nederland, Newton, and WOS. Playing Johnson should give you what to expect from #3. 

20 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Taking a note from the basketball team, there is a benefit playing such a hard non district schedule. I think Silsbee was 0-3 at one point and ended the regular season 6-4. Other schools let those 4 loses fool them. I dont see Cuero beating PNG, Nederland, Newton, and WOS. Playing Johnson should give you what to expect from #3. 

Cuero would have beaten Nederland and wos, and played png closer than Silsbee. 

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee's defense is what sold me on Silsbee.  They get after it on the run, they hit hard, and there are some ball hawks in the secondary.  Silsbee's O has been moving the ball pretty consistently against pretty much anyone.  I honestly think that Cuero gets  overwhelmed by the overall team speed of Silsbee....

I disagree about the offense. They had one sustained drive that resulted in a td against wos. Granted it was a hurricane, but when Silsbee plays an above average defense it’s back to relying on big plays.

By your 10000% correct on the defense, they get after it!

12 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I disagree about the offense. They had one sustained drive that resulted in a td against wos. Granted it was a hurricane, but when Silsbee plays an above average defense it’s back to relying on big plays.

By your 10000% correct on the defense, they get after it!

Yea, I gave the offense a pass.  See you'd have to have been there to see how hard it was raining.    And it was consistent hard rain.  I've been going HS football games a long time.  This might've been the hardest its rained...  That and winds that was whirling all over the place.  Slippery field, slippery ball, cold hands...  I think Silsbee did great to score 2 offensive TD's...

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, I gave the offense a pass.  See you'd have to have been there to see how hard it was raining.    And it was consistent hard rain.  I've been going HS football games a long time.  This might've been the hardest its rained...  That and winds that was whirling all over the place.  Slippery field, slippery ball, cold hands...  I think Silsbee did great to score 2 offensive TD's...

IMO (like it matters) Silsbee beats WO-S by 14 on dry field that night.

Like CT said, Silsbee wanted it more.

As far as Quero...

Silsbee is a ball control offense.

Quero is a read option offense that is very effective.  They like the wildcat, stretch plays and downfield passing.  Much like Silsbee before Smith.

Explosive offense but can be nullified with clock eating ground game. Throw in some defensive stops and turnovers and this game is suddenly close, like Aggies suggested.

Keep laying the wood.

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Take 99 Toll Road to get to Katy in decent time. If you head I10 @ 5 PM you are asking for it.

Thats how i plan.  Just need to check into getting a tx tag and if we can get it before friday.  Dont want to have to go through the billing like i did before if i can avoid it. Miss a notice and those fees jump quick.