Silsbee vs. Cuero, 4A State Semifinal

AggiesAreWe

Last night Lightfoot was driving a pickup on 105 and left the roadway and struck and killed a man on a bicycle.  The investigation is ongoing.  It's in all the papers online.

His status for the game is obviously way way down the list of concerns right now.  It's a shattering experience for all involved no matter what the circumstances. 

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Tepper also picked Giddings and WO-S to beat Silsbee.

Can you blame us lol I had giddings vs cuero in rd5 since before district started. I also told you the winner of giddings silsbee would be in rd 5. Silsbee got there isshhhh together at the right time and snuck up on a lot of people. Cuero is a physical team with the better athlete but silsbee has more athletes that can strike from many positions. It’s a tough game to pick a winner from but I think cuero has better coaching so that’s who I’d pick. It’s going to come down to coaching and who can get the stop in the 4th. I hope the silsbee coaching doesn’t blow this one. 

7 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Like I said two good teams here the winner will represent well. Whoever it is needs to put some hair on the wall next week. I'm about fed up with them folks from the north.

Me too.  Except for Iowa Park.  Turns out Silsbee isn't really the cinderella in 4A Div II.  It's got to be Iowa Park.  Coming out of the regular season at 4 - 6 they've got to be wondering themselves how they got this far.  You gotta like these guys.  So if it's Cuero and Iowa Park then I'm an instant Hawks fan.  It would have to be one of the most unlikely championships ever.

The day has come, and the time draws near

to play in the semifinal game of the year.

The journey started out not long ago,

a journey that required to put on a show.

and as we gather our team week to week,

we pray to the good Lord for a win we seek.

Through our practices and blood, sweet and tears

we remember our commitment and sacrifice through the year

We fight for our brothers, our teammates is a creed

Silsbee Tigers forever is our name, indeed.

With a  sea of maroon filling up the stands

Sounds of Eye of the Tiger from the fighting Tiger Band.

And when the night takes over the day, 

the team from Cuero stands in our way.

The Gobblers will find out when we meet,

you don't get in the way of what a Tiger seeks.

TIGERNATION!!!

I live this quote about Tiger running game.

"Although it was Taylor with the big rushing night last week against WO-S, the Tigers say there's no telling which storm will show up this Friday in Katy against Cuero."

"If someone is on, we let them stay on," Taylor said. "No need to stop it. If you hot, we let it burn."

Time to eat fellas 

36 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

I live this quote about Tiger running game.

"Although it was Taylor with the big rushing night last week against WO-S, the Tigers say there's no telling which storm will show up this Friday in Katy against Cuero."

"If someone is on, we let them stay on," Taylor said. "No need to stop it. If you hot, we let it burn."

Time to eat fellas 

Praying for a storm

5 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

Y’all better hit your knees then lol 

Ouch!! Gmgksa ,to be totally honest with u. I'm really cheering for silsbee.but I have watched games on both teams. Ik cuero studs #3,#6,#7. If and only if silsbee QB can complete passes against that secondary to take the pressure off the run game.they might have a shot.football is abt matchups.and I truly dont kno if silsbee has enough to beat them.i think w.o would've been a better matchup. But w.o can't beat silsbee in bad weather games.and its evident by there record against them in those type of conditions.0-3!! 98,09,18 all Loses. But I can't see silsbee slowing whittington or grant down. And they will go both ways.so i hate to say it.i think ur right on this one

20 minutes ago, dj said:

Ouch!! Gmgksa ,to be totally honest with u. I'm really cheering for silsbee.but I have watched games on both teams. Ik cuero studs #3,#6,#7. If and only if silsbee QB can complete passes against that secondary to take the pressure off the run game.they might have a shot.football is abt matchups.and I truly dont kno if silsbee has enough to beat them.i think w.o would've been a better matchup. But w.o can't beat silsbee in bad weather games.and its evident by there record against them in those type of conditions.0-3!! 98,09,18 all Loses. But I can't see silsbee slowing whittington or grant down. And they will go both ways.so i hate to say it.i think ur right on this one

Wos didn’t have the offense to match up with Cuero. Whoever wins tonight will have to put a lot of points up imo