Silsbee vs. Cuero, 4A State Semifinal

AggiesAreWe

14 minutes ago, KB24 said:

I hear there will be competition at the QB position next year. They have another sophomore who didn't play this year but will be back his Jr year. He is darn good, . and not to mention freshman briscoe. Who is a better passer than Foster. Just a little skiddish. Nothing more playing time wont cure. And they both can run and pass.. Not trot. 

Nothing wrong with competition to push you.  But the experience gained this year and this 5 deep playoff run can't be measured...

43 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Silsbee is not that talented. They are good for what you see around here. Teams like Cuero, Navarro, Carthage. Eat up yards passing the ball. You can run all day.. I've seen teams with A1 defense dismantle offenses that only ran the ball.. Newton shut sislbee run game down. Cuero is not some ordinary team yall use to playing. Time to step up or shut up.. 

You can throw that Newton game out.  One they are Newton.  And two, just like many teams, we reallly hadnt found ourselves yet.  We didnt have a qb to around the 5th game.  We were still using 2 qbs and neither one was Foster until the 4 th or 5 th game at least.  Teams were stacking up against us and targeting the run especially when Taylor was in.  We really didnt have any passing game at that point.  Now you have to at least be prepared for both.  Wont say you cant stop our running game but it is a lot harder now.

21 minutes ago, KB24 said:

I hear there will be competition at the QB position next year. They have another sophomore who didn't play this year but will be back his Jr year. He is darn good, . and not to mention freshman briscoe. Who is a better passer than Foster. Just a little skiddish. Nothing more playing time wont cure. And they both can run and pass.. Not trot. 

What Sophomore who didnt play this year? Freshman is gonna b good , but needs experience.  Foster is young also, as he grows into a young man, he is just gonna get better. The success and experience from this playoff run is gonna be invaluable, just needs a lot of positive backing , and continue buying into what their doing.

Besides your Not Trot comment, might be a bit personable on here about a kid.

27 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

What Sophomore who didnt play this year? Freshman is gonna b good , but needs experience.  Foster is young also, as he grows into a young man, he is just gonna get better. The success and experience from this playoff run is gonna be invaluable, just needs a lot of positive backing , and continue buying into what their doing.

Besides your Not Trot comment, might be a bit personable on here about a kid.

So true. These are program changers in my opinion. I always felt that way during Dayton's big run (at least Quarterfinals from 2007-2010). Those extra games and all those weeks of extra practice are huge for all the kids in the program, rather they saw real playing time or not. There were some kids in Dayton that played 45 games from their Soph thru Senior seasons. Newton and WOS are obviously some that gain from this most every year. Glad for Silsbee. 

6 hours ago, KB24 said:

Silsbee is not that talented. They are good for what you see around here. Teams like Cuero, Navarro, Carthage. Eat up yards passing the ball. You can run all day.. I've seen teams with A1 defense dismantle offenses that only ran the ball.. Newton shut sislbee run game down. Cuero is not some ordinary team yall use to playing. Time to step up or shut up.. 

Oh ok!! Your right. Silsbee is far better than that 10-4 record.

8 hours ago, KB24 said:

Then riddle me this.  If they are only good for "what you see around here," why is it that what you see around here has defeated the likes of Navarro and Cuero over the last 4 years?

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Then riddle me this.  If they are only good for "what you see around here," why is it that what you see around here has defeated the likes of Navarro and Cuero over the last 4 years?

who around her except WOS has defeated Cuero and Navarro or even the likes of them. 

Cuero will be a challenge. They have some players, #3 (WR) their main guy makes them go. A tall, smooth runner make running routs easy, #2 will hurt you too if you aint careful.  They have two one thousand yard back #6 (RB) can scat out of the backfield very elusive, also #7 looks like their down hill runner. #12 their QB, a 2,000 yard QB,  doesn't have a big strong arm, but he gets the ball where it needs to be on time and accurate. Their Oline will pop you and stand you up and take you where you want to go while letting their RB picks a hole. Their defense is aggressive and fast to the ball. This team is something we have not seen before. If we stay focus and execute we will be fine. Like I said this team will be a challenge, it's time to take that next step. TigerNation!!!

22 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You may want to break out your geography books, but WO-S is "around here" or "around her" if you are in to that sort of stuff.

22 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You may want to break out your geography books, but WO-S is "around here" or "around her" if you are in to that sort of stuff.

yall are so petty. Definitely a typo. See you back here after the game

6 hours ago, KB24 said:

Yall pretty cocky for a team that has never won a state championship oh wait never even been to a state championship.  Slow down.. Silsbee not even the topic of going to state other than in this forum. SMH.  

Quit entertaining this line of discussion.  Useless banter.  Discuss the Xs & Os if you want but the truth remains....

Silsbee is in the Semis against a talented Cuero team.  Makes no sense to bait or even take the bait about this game.

Cuero can be beat by Silsbee and Cuero has plenty of ability to beat Silsbee, if someone cant see that then its not even a discussion.

Im a homer, Silsbee to win. 

You can't blame the Silsbee backers or players for believing in their team. That is what you have to do, for going into battle thinking you are going to lose is a loss before you even set foot on the field. I do not know anything about Cuero other than that they are a good football team being where they are, but the same thing can be said about Silsbee. You are a fool to believe that Silsbee has not got better as the year progressed. Silsbee's team and backers should believe that they are capable of beating any team until proven otherwise. Win or lose leave it all on the field, nobody can ask anything more. Go Tigers.

2 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Quit entertaining this line of discussion.  Useless banter.  Discuss the Xs & Os if you want but the truth remains....

Silsbee is in the Semis against a talented Cuero team.  Makes no sense to bait or even take the bait about this game.

Cuero can be beat by Silsbee and Cuero has plenty of ability to beat Silsbee, if someone cant see that then its not even a discussion.

Im a homer, Silsbee to win. 

Truth!