Silsbee vs. Cuero, 4A State Semifinal

AggiesAreWe

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I believe they would have been playing for the state title.  Lil' C slipped and fell, no contact that play.  That hurt bad...

The support and constant advocacy for the Tigers made it predictable, but I missed the press conference. 

The poster also known as BmtSoulja1 is better identified as...

SILSBEE-Soulja1

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If Calvin Tyler does not slip on 2 yard line, Silsbee beats Carthage in that Bi-District game. No question about it. Carthage took over on downs and won on hail mary pass.

Now that does not mean that Silsbee would have went on to play for a state title.

That's just like saying IF it wouldn't have been storming WOS would have won. Or rather. If they wouldn't haven't fumbled twice in the red zone. They would have won. 

Or let's go back to district play. If HF wouldn't have missed their two extra points they would have won. 

Im sure you Tiger fans are going to make an excuse for that. 

1 hour ago, KB24 said:

That's just like saying IF it wouldn't have been storming WOS would have won. Or rather. If they wouldn't haven't fumbled twice in the red zone. They would have won. 

Or let's go back to district play. If HF wouldn't have missed their two extra points they would have won. 

Im sure you Tiger fans are going to make an excuse for that. 

It is still an if but the if there was more of a fact. Tyler’s feet went out from under him with noone between him and the goal.  If he jadnt slipped he walks into the enzone giving the Tigers a 2 score lead with less than 2 minutes left.  Game over.  Instead they get the ballback and win on basically a hail mary as time runs out.  No excuse it happens, just happened on our best chance to beat Carthage in our recent playoff meetings.  

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

It is still an if but the if there was more of a fact. Tyler’s feet went out from under him with noone between him and the goal.  If he jadnt slipped he walks into the enzone giving the Tigers a 2 score lead with less than 2 minutes left.  Game over.  Instead they get the ballback and win on basically a hail mary as time runs out.  No excuse it happens, just happened on our best chance to beat Carthage in our recent playoff meetings.  

They couldn’t  even beat a bunch of unathletic white kids from BC that year.... despite having all of that talent. 

That’s why I keep thinking that the new scheme is making them a little bit tougher to beat. I know that Silsbee fans weren’t very excited about Coach Smith’s play calling because it seemed to be a departure from the flashy (but hit or miss) style... I think the fact that Silsbee isn’t getting multiple unsportsmanlike penalties is a result of them much better disciplined program... and also resulting in this playoff run.  

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

They couldn’t  even beat a bunch of unathletic white kids from BC that year.... despite having all of that talent. 

That’s why I keep thinking that the new scheme is making them a little bit tougher to beat. I know that Silsbee fans weren’t very excited about Coach Smith’s play calling because it seemed to be a departure from the flashy (but hit or miss) style... I think the fact that Silsbee isn’t getting multiple unsportsmanlike penalties is a result of them much better disciplined program... and also resulting in this playoff run.  

BC was fairly athletic that year...  Well, a few players, but that Denton kid and some other kid in the secondary can fly..  and Draper was nice too.  BC had some talent that year...  

I completely agree with your second paragraph though.  Personally, I wasn't a fan at all of McGallian...

22 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee had the 2x state 100m/200m champ for 2017 and 2018. Silsbee has been know for it's their speed for years. There are 5 or 6 track guys on the football team. 

yes they did. and didnt know what to do with him. They didnt utilize that talent at all on the football field. Not last year nor the year before that when they got blew out by Carthage in the playoffs. So speed means nothing if you cant use it. 

On 12/10/2018 at 6:12 AM, aTmfan06 said:

Yeah seriously. Please tell me who

Silsbee is not that talented. They are good for what you see around here. Teams like Cuero, Navarro, Carthage. Eat up yards passing the ball. You can run all day.. I've seen teams with A1 defense dismantle offenses that only ran the ball.. Newton shut sislbee run game down. Cuero is not some ordinary team yall use to playing. Time to step up or shut up.. 

4 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Silsbee is not that talented. They are good for what you see around here. Teams like Cuero, Navarro, Carthage. Eat of yards passing the ball. You can run all day.. I've seen teams with A1 defense dismantle offenses that only ran the ball.. Newton shut sislbee run game down. Cuero is not some ordinary team yall use to playing. Time to step up or shut up.. 

Teams around here? I live in Bellville so teams around here usually are pretty good. But that’s besides the point. Also don’t put Cuero and Navarro in the same category as Carthage because they aren’t.

4 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Teams around here? I live in Bellville so teams around here usually are pretty good. But that’s besides the point. Also don’t put Cuero and Navarro in the same category as Carthage because they aren’t.

Navarro is an athletic team. They lost two games before meeting Cuero again. WOS had to beat them last year to make it back to state. So they are top in D2 in my opinion. Carthage has had many come back games this season. They are in a better position to be there than Silsbee. 

5 minutes ago, KB24 said:

And Silsbee hasn't faced a team as athletic as Newton and that was pre-season.. 

Newton, PNG.....  Heck even West Orange are definitely better than any team Cuero has played. But it doesn’t matter who has played who. It comes down to Friday night. I haven’t even predicted Silsbee to win all I’m saying is this will be the best team Cuero has faced this year. I’ve been more critical on Silsbee than most people on this board. Honestly in my Pickems I’ll probably pick Cuero but I hope Silsbee pulls it out.

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Actually, they'll move to my second team..  I have a vested interest in the sophomore #9 Foster.  I'll follow his teams till he graduates...  

I hear there will be competition at the QB position next year. They have another sophomore who didn't play this year but will be back his Jr year. He is darn good, . and not to mention freshman briscoe. Who is a better passer than Foster. Just a little skiddish. Nothing more playing time wont cure. And they both can run and pass.. Not trot.