Silsbee vs. Cuero, 4A State Semifinal

AggiesAreWe

11 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Yes, and the 4A Divison 1 state champs only beat them by 4. In a game that many will tell you Silsbee could have won. I wasn’t there though.

If Calvin Tyler does not slip on 2 yard line, Silsbee beats Carthage in that Bi-District game. No question about it. Carthage took over on downs and won on hail mary pass.

Now that does not mean that Silsbee would have went on to play for a state title.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

As far as I've seen, all of our players came out pretty healthy...  At least our main guns...

Really, a few players been playing with injuries and no contact for the past several  weeks. Didn’t finish the game with one or two of them. Thing is this is the time of year that you play with bumps and bruises, scraps and scratches. You eat the pain and play on. TigerNation!!!

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If Calvin Tyler does not slip on 2 yard line, Silsbee beats Carthage in that Bi-District game. No question about it. Carthage took over on downs and won on hail mary pass.

Now that does not mean that Silsbee would have went on to play for a state title.

That’s what I’ve heard from several sources. Also, if Newton doesn’t slip on the Hail Mary then the last touchdown doesn’t happen either. I’ve heard that as well.

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe they would have been playing for the state title.  Lil' C slipped and fell, no contact that play.  That hurt bad...

19 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

That’s what I’ve heard from several sources. Also, if Newton doesn’t slip on the Hail Mary then the last touchdown doesn’t happen either. I’ve heard that as well.

Newton appeared to get outjumped on that play.  Newton was like 5'6" and the Carthage receiver was over 6' tall.  Teams were picking on that side the whole year with tall receivers.  It's how Bridge City got a big play late in the game over Silsbee.  Threw the jump ball to Newton's side...

When we played Cuero they had some big boys on offense, and couple of tallboys. The QB liked to run to the right a lot. The way we wore them down was to run them big boys to right and then to the left, and then run right down the middle. We threw long ball on them too. I have not seen much video on the Gobblers, but it seems that they will throw. Cuero, will not be use to the hard hitting that defenses in SETEX will give them since WOS put it on them. Then put that speed on them, even some physical speed yea some physical speed. LOL. Go Tigers beat them Gobblers!

24 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

When we played Cuero they had some big boys on offense, and couple of tallboys. The QB liked to run to the right a lot. The way we wore them down was to run them big boys to right and then to the left, and then run right down the middle. We threw long ball on them too. I have not seen much video on the Gobblers, but it seems that they will throw. Cuero, will not be use to the hard hitting that defenses in SETEX will give them since WOS put it on them. Then put that speed on them, even some physical speed yea some physical speed. LOL. Go Tigers beat them Gobblers!

Lmbo!!

When We played WOS our QB hadn’t played that position since jr high. We had to transition our offense when our expected QB transferred to Refugio that’s why we were 80% run which is not our usual offense. Now we are about 60-40 run but some of the runs are from the wildcat using different players. We can throw it but haven’t had to do it much since our running game has been pretty damn good but like I said we CAN throw it whenever we want. Our defense is smaller on the line but we make up for it with our speed and quickness. The linebackers are a tuff bunch and will lay the smack down on rb’s. Our cb’s are fast since we play kids both ways we keep our best athletes on the field. We have 3 kids committed to the next level with 2 committed to div1 and one to div.2 I’m sure y’all have a few too so this game should get interesting 

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Long sustaining drives that chew up the clock is what Silsbee needs. Keep their offense off the field. They can't beat you if they hardly have the ball. Can our line push them around enough is the question.

If what the guy said above about their d line being smaller is true, then I think yalls offensive line can have their way with them.

39 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ol Lightfoot and co. Probably gonna be licking their chops...

Lol our OL took second at state in the lineman’s challenge ... strength and agility. I really do hope y’all go in thinking you’re going to dominate at the line. Our kids show sportsmanship and will help your guys up after pancaking them lol 

6 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

Lol our OL took second at state in the lineman’s challenge ... strength and agility. I really do hope y’all go in thinking you’re going to dominate at the line. Our kids show sportsmanship and will help your guys up after pancaking them lol 

Lmao!!! Sounds fun. Cuero is very good and we know. Cuero just has no clue how good Silsbee is 10-4 doesnt sound good vs 13-1. 

7 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

Gonna be fun to watch the trench warfare.

4 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

He’ll records dont matter at this point. When we played WOS in the semis we had lost 5 games. Pretty good game if I remember correctly 

Agreed.  

To add to that, its about momentum at this point.  Both teams are full of it.  We took losses from tough teams, y'all took a loss and had a close game or two early.  I expect a battle.  At this point, I just think Silsbee is a little more battle tested...

1 hour ago, GMGKSA said:

He’ll records dont matter at this point. When we played WOS in the semis we had lost 5 games. Pretty good game if I remember correctly 

Yes it was a good game. I think Martinez was your qb? They had big guys, alot of playmakers and qb had a strong arm. They hung close with us in 1st half. But could keep up in the 2nd