Silsbee vs. Cuero, 4A State Semifinal

AggiesAreWe

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Do y'all still sing the song about the Gay Caballero?

You know....

"He's the Gay Caballero,

He comes from out there Cuero,

He can't wait to get to San Franscisco....

Just to swing... his...rope."

Because honestly, that's all I know about Cuero.  

Dude, Chill...

5 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

I’ll be here. Honestly I don’t know anything about Silsbee. I did watch them beat WOS last week and maybe it was the rain but I didn’t see the speed you guys are talking about. 

A combination of huge amounts of rain and WO-S having a very stout defense...  

A little bit of the speed was in display on defense and a couple of breakaway runs.  Key word, a little bit.  

4 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

And to be honest Speed helps but technique neutralizes that. Hell we were state champs in track 3 out of 4 years a few years back with a hell of a class going through but we never won it in football. Just saying 

Silsbee had the 2x state 100m/200m champ for 2017 and 2018. Silsbee has been know for it's their speed for years. There are 5 or 6 track guys on the football team. 

This is the first 5th round appearance by the Tigres that I can recall. Is this their deepest trip ever?

This team is without a doubt not as heavily stacked as some of the previous Tigre squads. Honest question for the Silsbee honks. Do you guys think that this success can be attributed more heavily to the drop to 4AD11, or the new offensive scheme/discipline that Coach Smith has been implementing in Smoketown?  

I think the road to the F-I-F (Fif!) round is much easier in D2, but I also think that playing smart, disciplined football is paying off for the Tigers.  What do you guys think?

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the first 5th round appearance by the Tigres that I can recall. Is this their deepest trip ever?

This team is without a doubt not as heavily stacked as some of the previous Tigre squads. Honest question for the Silsbee honks. Do you guys think that this success can be attributed more heavily to the drop to 4AD11, or the new offensive scheme/discipline that Coach Smith has been implementing in Smoketown?  

I think the road to the F-I-F (Fif!) round is much easier in D2, but I also think that playing smart, disciplined football is paying off for the Tigers.  What do you guys think?

2nd appearance in state semifinals. First time was 1977.

IMO, dropping down to DII has more to do with the playoff success.

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The only reason i would say dropping down has helped them is because there is no Carthage. Honestly if you take Carthage out of this region then Silsbee would have probably done the same thing in Division 1.

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

The only reason i would say dropping down has helped them is because there is no Carthage. Honestly if you take Carthage out of this region then Silsbee would have probably done the same thing in Division 1.

Basically by putting it that way I’m saying that you can’t take anything away from what Silsbee is doing this year. Because you play who you play, and you still gotta go out there and win the games. There’s plenty of teams who drop down (Lumberton for example) and it doesn’t always automatically translate into deep playoff runs.

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I would agree. Silsbee played and lost to Carthage 5 or 6 times. No Carthage I see Silsbee going to the 4th or state with the 2015-17 teams. 

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I would agree. Silsbee played and lost to Carthage 5 or 6 times. No Carthage I see Silsbee going to the 4th or state with the 2012,2015-17 teams. 

Not sure what year it was, maybe 2015, but when Dontre Thomas was yalls qb. I remember that was my first state championship game to go to, and I remember telling my Father in law that y’all could have beaten either team playing that day. I wanna say it was Waco la Vega and somebody else.