Silsbee vs. Cuero, 4A State Semifinal

AggiesAreWe

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I thought about asking you the same thing after you found where I was wrong, but I figured I would do my best to keep this conversation a little more mature. 

Mature? I'm not the one getting upset like a 5 year old.

Can't believe you haven't figured it out yet. Oh well.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Mature? I'm not the one getting upset like a 5 year old.

Can't believe you haven't figured it out yet. Oh well.

Hmm if that’s what you call proving my point then so be it. I simply rattled off a few things from memory to prove myself. You’re the one who actually took the time to go back and search for a post from a month ago.

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

There wasn’t a question mark in my post. You were actually just following my orders... lol I’m obviously joking on that last statement. Let’s just agree to disagree and move on.

Crap I’m wrong again, there was a question mark but it was at the end. 

6 hours ago, ST413 said:

We can do it!!  We have to limit Whittington.  He is a beast.  But we have several playmakers. Should be fun.

You really think Whittington is all they have. Please don't under estimate a state ranked team and limit them to one player. If Silsbee couldn't stop Newton, PNG, or Nederland. They will NOT stop Cureo. 

5 minutes ago, KB24 said:

You really think Whittington is all they have. Please don't under estimate a state ranked team and limit them to one player. If Silsbee couldn't stop Newton, PNG, or Nederland. They will NOT stop Cureo. 

Silsbee’s defense is playing much better now than in the early weeks. They aren’t a shutdown defense, but they are very good.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

How can you say comparing 4A to 5A is a joke, but Newton and wos consistently beat bigger teams.

And if you say Cuero doesn’t compare to any of those teams, will you retract your statement if Silsbee loses? Because if Cuero beats Silsbee who also beat wos and almost beat Nederland, then I would say there is a comparison there...

What I said was I think Silsbee has a shot. And I also said Cuero is not better than some of the teams Silsbee has played. And the difference in the speed of the games changes greatly between divisions. Once again, as I stated, Silsbee has a shot IMO. They where tested early on with tough teams, including Newton, who is the #1 ranked small school in the US. Nederland who seen round 2, and PNG who seen round 3. Not to mention a WOS team who had been to I think 4 straight SC games. Then they hit the cupcake schedule after that. Football isn't about almost, shoulda, coulda, and woulda.. Well maybe in Chumperton, but in football towns its about the now. Silsbee has faced better comp IMO. And this could be a reason they can beat Cuero....

8 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

What I said was I think Silsbee has a shot. And I also said Cuero is not better than some of the teams Silsbee has played. And the difference in the speed of the games changes greatly between divisions. Once again, as I stated, Silsbee has a shot IMO. They where tested early on with tough teams, including Newton, who is the #1 ranked small school in the US. Nederland who seen round 2, and PNG who seen round 3. Not to mention a WOS team who had been to I think 4 straight SC games. Then they hit the cupcake schedule after that. Football isn't about almost, shoulda, coulda, and woulda.. Well maybe in Chumperton, but in football towns its about the now. Silsbee has faced better comp IMO. And this could be a reason they can beat Cuero....

You missed my point stat. You can’t say Cuero isn’t as good as anybody Silsbee has played IF they wind up beating Silsbee. That’s all I was saying.

I believe a lot of Cuero fans were wanting a Shot at beating WOS in a down year. But many others are really glad they don’t have that chance. It might not have turned out well for them. They know nothing about Silsbee, but they scouted them in a driving rain storm. Hopefully the big play offense will work, if not it’ll be trouble . The gobblers can sustain drives and eat up the clock. So the key for the Tigers will be getting defense stops . Can’t wait to watch this one. I’d like to say the the Mustang were beat by the State Champions in 2018, so let’s go Tigers bring it back to the 409. 

46 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Did i say anywhere they only have one player?  Wh6 dont you go crawl back under your rock and hibernate.

15 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

I believe a lot of Cuero fans were wanting a Shot at beating WOS in a down year. But many others are really glad they don’t have that chance. It might not have turned out well for them. They know nothing about Silsbee, but they scouted them in a driving rain storm. Hopefully the big play offense will work, if not it’ll be trouble . The gobblers can sustain drives and eat up the clock. So the key for the Tigers will be getting defense stops . Can’t wait to watch this one. I’d like to say the the Mustang were beat by the State Champions in 2018, so let’s go Tigers bring it back to the 409. 

Just a thought...  Silsbee has played against teams that sustain drives and eat up clock and beat them by 21 whole scoring 28 points... This defense has seen a lot.  I don't think they'll be overwhelmed by anything that Cuero will throw at them.  

26 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

We will see. Cureo is the team to beat to get there. And Pleasant Grove is the team to beat to bring it home. 

6 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Earlier in the year I said the exact same thing and was told Cuero was without 4-5 starters including Whittington and the starting QB

Cuero was without 5 starters when they lost to Yoakum and still almost came back and beat them. I’m sure y’all have watched film and see that it’s not only jwhitt who missed the first 5 games of the season but the offense is spread around with 2 1200 yard rushers with both over 25 tds and several receivers that are used. The QB is at 2k yards but you have to realize that these stats come from the starters only playing  3 quarters sometimes less because of blowouts. It will be interesting because the defense is fast and quick and eats up the run. The 23 points Navarro scores were on our subs. They had maybe 5-6 first downs on our stayrters. 

8 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

Cuero was without 5 starters when they lost to Yoakum and still almost came back and beat them. I’m sure y’all have watched film and see that it’s not only jwhitt who missed the first 5 games of the season but the offense is spread around with 2 1200 yard rushers with both over 25 tds and several receivers that are used. The QB is at 2k yards but you have to realize that these stats come from the starters only playing  3 quarters sometimes less because of blowouts. It will be interesting because the defense is fast and quick and eats up the run. The 23 points Navarro scores were on our subs. They had maybe 5-6 first downs on our stayrters. 

Very easy district and route for Cuero :)

21 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

Very interesting information and welcome to the debates...  Have you done any research on Silsbee?

I still like the Tigers' chances. Region IV has got to show me. They seem to always have a couple of teams impress by beating down the rest of the region only to get donkey stomped when the real culling starts. Make no mistake Cuero is good, really good if you listen to KB24, who evidently has seen Cuero, Pleasant Grove, Newton, PNG and Nederland in person and is the authority on this.